The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Law 2024

Whether you're an applicant, offer holder, or are just considering studying Law at York - we're here to answer your questions and offer guidance on what to expect when studying at York Law School.

First things first: what would you like to know about studying law at York? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of York
Whether you're an applicant, offer holder, or are just considering studying Law at York - we're here to answer your questions and offer guidance on what to expect when studying at York Law School.

First things first: what would you like to know about studying law at York? :smile:

Hi
Just want to know when the offers will be sent for UK applicant and not contextual.
Thanks in advance.
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi
Just want to know when the offers will be sent for UK applicant and not contextual.
Thanks in advance.

Hi! I'm just checking this with the department and will get back to you with a response 🙂
Hi! I'm just checking this with the department and will get back to you with a response 🙂

I would also love to know!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've just had this back from admissions:

'Due to the increasingly competitive nature of our Law course, it is likely we hold applications until the UCAS deadline for equal consideration (31st January 2024) before making any decisions.'

I know this doesn't answer your question fully but hopefully gives you a bit more of a time frame 🙂
Reply 5

Hi, I was wondering whether interviews are going to be held this year for law?
Original post by gxmma

Hi,

I've checked with the department and this is their response:

We don't interview but we do invite potential offer holders to take short self assessment to check they have understood what Problem Based Learning (PBL) is all about.

Hope this helps!

Hazel 🙂
Reply 7
Hi,

I've checked with the department and this is their response:

We don't interview but we do invite potential offer holders to take short self assessment to check they have understood what Problem Based Learning (PBL) is all about.

Hope this helps!

Hazel 🙂

If we receive an invite to complete the self assessment and we agree that we believe we would be a fit for the course does that mean we can be expecting an offer ?
Reply 8
Original post by gxmma

Hi there I received a contextual offer on 20th December and there is no interview it is just a self assessment you have to complete. I completed this and got offer next day.
Original post by Amycan
If we receive an invite to complete the self assessment and we agree that we believe we would be a fit for the course does that mean we can be expecting an offer ?

Hi,

I've asked the department for you and this is their response:

Part of our selection process involves a self assessment. The self assessment is designed to explore and assess attributes and competencies, such as your suitability for problem-based learning. We want to identify students who are best suited to our unique learning environment, and so are likely to thrive here.
Reply 10
Hi,

I've just had this back from admissions:

'Due to the increasingly competitive nature of our Law course, it is likely we hold applications until the UCAS deadline for equal consideration (31st January 2024) before making any decisions.'

I know this doesn't answer your question fully but hopefully gives you a bit more of a time frame 🙂

What about after the deadline? Because I have heard of international applicants getting offers as well as home contextual. But there has been nothing (as far as I know) for home non-contextual :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Amycan

I received the email to complete the self assessment on the 20th December, it said to complete by 8th Jan but I completed it when I received it then got and offer the following day so think if you receive the self assessment email you should get an offer.
Original post by isobel l
What about after the deadline? Because I have heard of international applicants getting offers as well as home contextual. But there has been nothing (as far as I know) for home non-contextual :smile:

Hi,

I believe that the Department waited until the UCAS deadline to collate all their home non-contextual applications and now the deadline has passed, they are going to start making offers 🙂
Reply 13
Hi,

I believe that the Department waited until the UCAS deadline to collate all their home non-contextual applications and now the deadline has passed, they are going to start making offers 🙂

Okay, thank you. Do you know roughly when we can expect these to start coming out?
Does that mean if you haven’t been asked to do a self assessment then you won’t get an offer please?
Okay, thank you. Do you know roughly when we can expect these to start coming out?

The dept haven't provided a timeframe but I will post on here if I hear any updates!
Original post by carolinec2828
Does that mean if you haven’t been asked to do a self assessment then you won’t get an offer please?

Hi,

I've checked with the department and this was their response:

"Generally, applicants who are not invited to complete the Self-Assessment will unfortunately not be receiving an offer."
Hi,

"Generally, applicants who are not invited to complete the Self-Assessment will unfortunately not be receiving an offer."

Wait have they sent out all of the self assessments yet?
Reply 18
Hi,

Have they sent out all self assessments to non contextual home then?
Have they sent out all self assessments to non contextual home then?

Hi,

Due to the high volume of applications for Law, the department are still in the process of making our decisions and will invite eligible applicants in due course. So don't worry, they haven't sent out all the offers yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending