The Student Room Group

Economics vs Industrial Economics

I can either study economics at loughborough uni or industrial economics at Nottingham university.Could anyone help inform my decison
Original post by Astokes14a
I can either study economics at loughborough uni or industrial economics at Nottingham university.Could anyone help inform my decison

Hi @Astokes14a,

I would recommend looking through each course in depth to see which modules you prefer and how many options you have.On our Economics course you have a number of module choices available to you from your first year and like most of our courses, you can choose to take a language module as well if this is a path you are interested in to increase your employability. Similarly you can study this course with or without a placement year, something I would highly recommend from experience.

As the course is the most important thing you are going to university for, do this first, but also try to get a feel for which university you could see yourself thriving at. Maybe make a list of the things you want from university and see where these match up - location wise they are pretty similar and yet different.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to get in touch on this thread or via PM, we'll be happy to help.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:
Reply 2
Hi there,
I am a current Industrial economics student at University of Nottingham. Please feel free to reply to this thread if you have any questions regarding this course. One key difference is our course is unique; you will not find this course anywhere else.
Similarly we focus mostly on micro economics rather than Macro meaning we look closely at organisations and competition rather than monetary policy, however, you can choose these modules if they are optional.
If you want to find out more about our course, take a look at our linkedin page- Bsc Industrial Economics (with insurance), for more information.
Best wishes!
Reply 3
Thanks my son is in the same quandary. Which course has the best connections with industry/employers do you think?
Original post by waghorn
Thanks my son is in the same quandary. Which course has the best connections with industry/employers do you think?

Hi @waghorn,

I would recommend taking a look at each university and their course pages in particular. For instance, here is Loughborough's BSc Economics course page and this has careers information on it as well as an email at the bottom of the page for any additional questions. Furthermore, here is a webpage on our Careers Network and how they support students.

I hope this helps with your son's decision! I know it can be tough when deciding which university to go to.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, let me know :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Thanks very much for the guidance
Anyone else got thoughts on Nham over Loughborough?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending