The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Wales Trinity St David Uni

i am looking at studying tourism and was wondering what the uni is like. if anyone goes here or knows anything about the uni, can you leave a reply?

what is the uni like?
hows the accommodation?
& any other info that i should know

Original post by Sophie7703
i am looking at studying tourism and was wondering what the uni is like. if anyone goes here or knows anything about the uni, can you leave a reply?

what is the uni like?t
hows the accommodation?
& any other info that i should know

I cannot comment too much on the university so this is what I do know. UWTSD was formed through a merger of Lampeter University and Trinity St Davids. Shortly after Swansea Metropolitan university joined it. It has 3 bases. A small bus in a very rural area in Lampeter. This houses mainly humanities subjects. The old Trinity St Davids Site in Carmarthen which used to be a teachers training site but is known for its FashIon and Drama courses as well as teaching. The 3rd site is in Swansea and is based in 3 different areas of the city, There is a new site based overlooking the dock housing mainly the Engineering section. The Art, Drama and Media section are housed very close to the city centre. The Business college is very close to the railway station and is probably where you will be based.

The university doesnt have a great deal of accommodation of its own. However it has recently teamed up with Student Roost to offer rooms at their St Davids accommodation. This is a short walk away from the business campus and is due to house over 900 rooms when the new extension is completed this summer. This is used by students from Swansea University as well as UWTSD. I suspect most of the students will be housed there. This is a 10 minute walk to the centre of the city. Other options will be Omnia Space at Oldway Centre a short walk from the campus or Coppergate slightly further away.

Swansea is a fairly large city of about 250,000 and is right on the sea front. It is a regional shopping centre and houses many shops including Debenhams, M&S, Next, Top Shop, Primark and New Look. It has a very large Tesco in the City Centre as well as a big Sainsbury's a short walk from St Davids. There is a Lidl's closer to the accommodation. Swansea's indoor market has recently been awarded the best large indoor market in the UK.

The nightlife is well known. Wind Street is an infamous street full of bars and restaurants including Frankie and Benny's, TGI Fridays, Nandos, Five Guys and Wetherspoons and Pitcher and Piano's as well as a number of other bars , clubs and restaurants.

This is an old video done by Swansea University students

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=swansea+nightlife&&view=detail&mid=62C23EC2735FFCEEFB0D62C23EC2735FFCEEFB0D&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dswansea%2520nightlife%26qs%3DHS%26form%3DQBVR%26sp%3D1%26pq%3Dswansea%26sc%3D8-7%26cvid%3D65BE84B49257480AB177B1A2E6D1FC91

https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/swansea
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
what campus?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending