The Student Room Group

Chemistry

Hey, I was given this question for revision but I’m completely stuck so I’d really appreciate some help!
The equation for the reaction is: Mg + CuSO4 Cu + MgSO4
Calculate the maximum mass of copper formed from 319 g of copper sulfate
There’s a 1:1 ratio between the whole reaction so you need to calculate the moles of CuSO4 using the mass given and mr, then that number of miles is equals to the number of miles of Cu because it’s 1:1. So you will have the moles for Cu, and the Mr from the periodic table, so just use Mr= Ma/Mol and rearrange it to find the mass. I hope that’s correct, I haven’t done chemistry in a while 😂 but I’m like 99.99% sure it is
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous17!
I hope that’s correct

Your memory is fine.

(better than your spelling of moles, though)
Original post by Pigster
Your memory is fine.

(better than your spelling of moles, though)

I think I was typing fast and pressed the i instead of o, they are pretty close on the keyboard 😂 whoops
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous17!
There’s a 1:1 ratio between the whole reaction so you need to calculate the moles of CuSO4 using the mass given and mr, then that number of miles is equals to the number of miles of Cu because it’s 1:1. So you will have the moles for Cu, and the Mr from the periodic table, so just use Mr= Ma/Mol and rearrange it to find the mass. I hope that’s correct, I haven’t done chemistry in a while 😂 but I’m like 99.99% sure it is

What’s the answer tho!!!!
Reply 5
Original post by juuli4

127 grams
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by juuli4

n=m/Mr
mr of cuso4 is 159.6
319/159.6≈2