The Student Room Group

Should I study International business or International Relations at University (UK)?

I am currently in Year 12 going into Year 13 in September and i'm not sure which course to apply to between International relations and International Business and I would like to study BOTH with Mandarin Chinese. I do Spanish, French and Psychology for my A-levels and Mandarin (HSK 3). I would also love to live abroad in either China or Spain. Thanks in advance!
Original post by lisaella
I am currently in Year 12 going into Year 13 in September and i'm not sure which course to apply to between International relations and International Business and I would like to study BOTH with Mandarin Chinese. I do Spanish, French and Psychology for my A-levels and Mandarin (HSK 3). I would also love to live abroad in either China or Spain. Thanks in advance!

International relations is more to do with Politics so it depends if that interests you? I would look at the unis that interest you and see which courses they do that you could combine with Mandarin. For example, LSE do a good Intrenational Relations course with Mandarin but they don't offer International Business.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2021/BSc-International-Relations
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
International relations is more to do with Politics so it depends if that interests you? I would look at the unis that interest you and see which courses they do that you could combine with Mandarin. For example, LSE do a good Intrenational Relations course with Mandarin but they don't offer International Business.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2021/BSc-International-Relations

Thank you very much! I'd say out of the two that International Business would be more applicable in the future but I'm still quite unsure as I have never formally studied either business or politics ( which looking back I probably should have). I've read a lot about it and people say that with both of the subjects they are mostly about the skills that you learn as there is no job specifically for them :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending