The Student Room Group

Dropping out of college

I live in wales and I’m only 16, turning 17. I only enrolled in college because I was unsure what to do and that’s what everyone else was doing. I’ve been thinking about dropping out for multiple personal reasons. Would there be any legal consequences if I did drop out?
Reply 1
Not necessarily, but if you don’t take up work or another education you may get in trouble
I won’t ask for your reasons but just make sure you really think about your decision before going through with it as dropping out of education is quite a big deal, so make sure the positives out way the negatives. And be sure to do what’s best for your future.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Cloudiii
I won’t ask for your reasons but just make sure you really think about your decision before going through with it as dropping out of education is quite a big deal, so make sure the positives out way the negatives. And be sure to do what’s best for your future.

This year I’ve actually been really struggling with my physical health besides my mental health so I’ve barely been able to attend and actually do the work. So if I did drop out this year I would try again next academic year
Original post by CharityCross219
This year I’ve actually been really struggling with my physical health besides my mental health so I’ve barely been able to attend and actually do the work. So if I did drop out this year I would try again next academic year

Hi @CharityCross219, have you spoken to your college about your decision to end your studies? It may be worth seeking advice from the college, there will be people there to support you with this decision. They can then offer you some advice and guidance about the best course of action for you if you did decide you wanted temporarily suspend your studies before returning to education next academic. It's always worth seeking advice from the college, rather than just withdrawing and not letting anybody know. Thanks, Carrie :smile:
Definitely speak to your course leader and maybe the college Councillor. It's such a big decision to make, especially this far through the year. Is it the course you're on or just college in general? As they may be able to find something else for you to do. Wishing you all the best in whatever you decide to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending