The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

.....is it???

lol sorry 4 being ignorant. do we get 2 kno 2moro???? :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NOT.

lol it's just that some people have been saying they've been posted out today and we'll get them tomorrow.

just need confirmation/denial of this.

cheeeers people.

:tsr: :tsr: :tsr:
Reply 1
posh_git
lol sorry 4 being ignorant. do we get 2 kno 2moro???? :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NOT.

lol it's just that some people have been saying they've been posted out today and we'll get them tomorrow.

just need confirmation/denial of this.

cheeeers people.

:tsr: :tsr: :tsr:

Depends on the college you are expecing to hear from. Most will post tomorrow and therfore you will get the letter on New Year's eve or on Tuesday (due to New year's day, Sunday and Bank holiday (Monday) in a row).

However if you applied to the very few colleges that apparently posted today than you might hear tomorrow at the earliest.
Reply 2
cool. cheers 4 that. im surprised no one has set up a Offer and Rejection thread yet...
posh_git
cool. cheers 4 that. im surprised no one has set up a Offer and Rejection thread yet...

There is. It's a sticky in the Cambridge forum.
Well I applied to Downing, a college that allegedly posted its decisions yesterday, and the postman brought nothing this morning. :hmpf: There are several reasons why this could be the case, including:

1. The letters weren't posted yesterday & are being posted today (highly likely)
2. The letters were posted 2nd class
3. The postman forgot to post the letter/didn't see the letter/dropped the letter in a puddle
4. The postman has a vendetta against me
5. The Royal Mail had a screw-up

I've been awake since 4am with life-threatening concentrations of adrenalin in my system... I'll just have to wait another 24 hours now! :banghead:
Reply 5
synaesthesia
There is. It's a sticky in the Cambridge forum.

It would have been better to have two separate stickies - one for offers and the other for rejections - as in Oxford's.

Makes for better cohesion as you know you won't have to trawl through all the posts on one thread to see who got an offer and who didn't.
!

<rant>
I'm going with Royal Mail being screwy. In the first three months after I first moved, it lost two books, two letters and an item from a package (eh?), and made me go almost two miles to sign for a parcel because the postman couldn't be bothered to ring the doorbell before concluding no one was at home! </rant>

Still waiting too... though ours comes late. Like sometimes 3pm late...
Eternal Fantasy
Well I applied to Downing, a college that allegedly posted its decisions yesterday, and the postman brought nothing this morning. :hmpf: There are several reasons why this could be the case, including:

1. The letters weren't posted yesterday & are being posted today (highly likely)
2. The letters were posted 2nd class
3. The postman forgot to post the letter/didn't see the letter/dropped the letter in a puddle
4. The postman has a vendetta against me
5. The Royal Mail had a screw-up

I've been awake since 4am with life-threatening concentrations of adrenalin in my system... I'll just have to wait another 24 hours now! :banghead:

The key thing is that we don't know what time they were posted yesterday- realistically it was probably in the afternoon. Darn it.
tomcoolinguk
The key thing is that we don't know what time they were posted yesterday- realistically it was probably in the afternoon. Darn it.

Very good point. But I'm not entirely convinced they were ever posted yesterday, full stop. Oh damnation, I'm going back to sleep for a while... :mad:
Reply 9
Eternal Fantasy

I'll just have to wait another 24 hours now! :banghead:

24hrs aint that bad. PPl whose colleges posted the letters today are likely to get the letters in 120hrs especially with Royal Mail's current performance.
:frown: :mad: :redface: :bebored:

Latest

Trending

Trending