The Student Room Group

Need help with a topic in a-level biology

HEY GUYS!!

PLEAASE HELPPP MEEE
I HAVE A TEST ON CHAPTER 17 OCR BIOLOGY NEXT WEEK AND I AM CURRENTLY FINDING IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND LIGHT DEPENDENT REACTIONS,

Is this correct?
Water is absorbed from eh root and it travels up to the leaf and goes into the follicle membrane and the water reaches photosystem 2
Light hits photosystem 2
light energy is used to break down water into a 1/2 O2 molecule and 2H protons and 2 electrons
Electrons released from the water will go into photosystem 2 and get excited ad electron carriers will take these electrons with them and go through an electron transport chain
these electron eventually lose their energy as they go along the electron carrier chain and arrive at photosystem 1 whilst making ATP
Photosystem 1 will absorb light energy and electrons will get excited and the electrons have a choice to either go back down to photosystem 1 to release more energy or they can can continue with the cycle
if electrons do go back to photosystem 1 then they will undergo the electron transport chain again and will release ATP and then will go back to photosystem 1 this is known as cyclic phosphorylation
either electrons will continue with the cycle and will arrive at an enzyme called NADP reductase NADP WILL RECIEVE THE 2 ELECTRONS AND WILL TURN INTO REDUCED NADP
THE TWO HYDRONDEN IONS RELEASED FROM WATER WILL ENTER ATP SYNTHASE AND THEY WILL UNDERGO THE ELECTRON TRANSPORT CHAIN AND PRODUCE ATP
Original post by hshstudent123
HEY GUYS!!

PLEAASE HELPPP MEEE
I HAVE A TEST ON CHAPTER 17 OCR BIOLOGY NEXT WEEK AND I AM CURRENTLY FINDING IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND LIGHT DEPENDENT REACTIONS,

Is this correct?
Water is absorbed from eh root and it travels up to the leaf and goes into the follicle membrane and the water reaches photosystem 2
Light hits photosystem 2
light energy is used to break down water into a 1/2 O2 molecule and 2H protons and 2 electrons
Electrons released from the water will go into photosystem 2 and get excited ad electron carriers will take these electrons with them and go through an electron transport chain
these electron eventually lose their energy as they go along the electron carrier chain and arrive at photosystem 1 whilst making ATP
Photosystem 1 will absorb light energy and electrons will get excited and the electrons have a choice to either go back down to photosystem 1 to release more energy or they can can continue with the cycle
if electrons do go back to photosystem 1 then they will undergo the electron transport chain again and will release ATP and then will go back to photosystem 1 this is known as cyclic phosphorylation
either electrons will continue with the cycle and will arrive at an enzyme called NADP reductase NADP WILL RECIEVE THE 2 ELECTRONS AND WILL TURN INTO REDUCED NADP
THE TWO HYDRONDEN IONS RELEASED FROM WATER WILL ENTER ATP SYNTHASE AND THEY WILL UNDERGO THE ELECTRON TRANSPORT CHAIN AND PRODUCE ATP

Have a look at physics math tutor they will have all the revision notes for all sciences and maths.
HEY GUYS!!

PLEAASE HELPPP MEEE

Is this correct?
Light hits photosystem 2

Have a look at physics math tutor they will have all the revision notes for all sciences and maths. :smile:
Original post by going2fail
Have a look at physics math tutor they will have all the revision notes for all sciences and maths.

Thank-you, I have done but they seem to miss out certain information,
could you help me x
Thank-you, I have done but they seem to miss out certain information,
could you help me x

I'm afraid I am doing aqa and I haven't covered that chapter yet so I am not going to be any help sorry
HEY GUYS!!

PLEAASE HELPPP MEEE

Is this correct?
Light hits photosystem 2

May I ask what revision websites you use?☺

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending