The Student Room Group

humanitas university

Heyy,
Is there anyone who has previously taken the HUMAT test before because i was struggling to find resources to help me revise, I know there a s textbook out there but it has bad reviews and apparently isn't very good.
i am aware that there are practice papers on the website but i don't want to use them until i know what i am doing.
thanks for the help :smile: :smile:
I'm focusing on the UCAT because when I talk to one of the advisors they said to focus on that. Then I will go through the HUMAT prep, but since it's soooo limited I'll focus on UCAT.
does anyone know about the scholarship regulations changing? anyone trying to get the full scholarship?
Original post by stitna
the problem with this is that if you compare them, they are not the same: the ''mathematical thinking'' questions are very different, so are the ''procedural thinking'' questions, and lets not talk about the visual ones... its like they are very long lost children born from different fathers, and to be prepared well i think they should be more like twins lmao
don't even get me started on the academic literacy ones: yes, doing the ucat ones might help a bit, but the logic behind the questions is VERY different from the humat's ones.
I guess the ''preparation week'', which is expensive AF, might help in this sense, but its a bit unfair for the ones that cannot afford to pay 600 euros for a 30 hours ONLINE course, that still doesn't ensure you to succeed.
well, as we say in Italy, ''chi vivrà, vedrà''... unless somebody has a miracle book, or some good advice, which would be a miracle in itself

Ye I know... But the UCAT and the HUMAT are comparable in the sense that you require a similar thought process. Personally, I think the HUMAT seems easier than the UCAT and therefore if you are able to answer UCAT questions in a sufficient manner then the HUMAT won't be far off. I mean that's my opinion. Maybe I'm completely off.
I do wish they had more prep as well. I think the literature part, however, is far easier in the HUMAT. 60 min for 4 parts compared to 11 in 21 min... UFFF. I didn't sign up for the prep week, because 600 Euro is like damn, also since I doubt corona will be over by then, and doing it online seems a little useless. Did you sign up?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Davincipancakes
I do wish they had more prep as well. I think the literature part, however, is far easier in the HUMAT. 60 min for 4 parts compared to 11 in 21 min... UFFF. I didn't sign up for the prep week, because 600 Euro is like damn, also since I doubt corona will be over by then, and doing it online seems a little useless. Did you sign up?

I think that it might be 60 min for 5 texts, with 6 paragraphs and 700 words each (if i remember correctly)! I did sign up for it (I payed my parents back with the money i made babysitting and tutoring for countless hours in the last 3 months), but still, it was a biiiiig burden, especially coming from a low-income family. However, I don't feel like taking any chances here lol
I don't know what an IB is, but i'm guessing it's like an international high school diploma? enlighten me please
I was born and raised near Milan, and I graduated from what is known here as ''liceo classico'', where i was taught basic common subjects like chemistry, biology, maths, english, history, philosophy, art, physics, literature ecc, in addition to 9 hours each week of ancient greek and latin. I wouldn't know how to compare it to another country's diploma, because i feel like Italy has its own peculiar ways of defining school paths.
(about the corona situation: the prep week this year is going to be online regardless of the developments of the pandemic here. it's very unfortunate. and i'm 90% positive the situation won't be very different in february)
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes that is right with the reading part however, most questions ask about specific sections of the text meaning you can skim through the text and then go into depth on the parts being asked. The IB is indeed an international diploma and we did quite a lot of reading comprehension, that's why I asked. Also the Lice Classico sounds like a real pain. Also with the prep week, that's one of the reasons I didn't sign up. Doing it online doesn't seem as helpful as when you're there in person, but that's a personal opinion of course.
Original post by stitna
I think that it might be 60 min for 5 texts, with 6 paragraphs and 700 words each (if i remember correctly)! I did sign up for it (I payed my parents back with the money i made babysitting and tutoring for countless hours in the last 3 months), but still, it was a biiiiig burden, especially coming from a low-income family. However, I don't feel like taking any chances here lol
I don't know what an IB is, but i'm guessing it's like an international high school diploma? enlighten me please
I was born and raised near Milan, and I graduated from what is known here as ''liceo classico'', where i was taught basic common subjects like chemistry, biology, maths, english, history, philosophy, art, physics, literature ecc, in addition to 9 hours each week of ancient greek and latin. I wouldn't know how to compare it to another country's diploma, because i feel like Italy has its own peculiar ways of defining school paths.
(about the corona situation: the prep week this year is going to be online regardless of the developments of the pandemic here. it's very unfortunate. and i'm 90% positive the situation won't be very different in february)

Also need some help. Has anyone done the logical reasoning sample B test? If so could someone explain a fast and efficient way to answer question 28. In accordance to time management I should have approximately 2 min to do each question, including this one but every time I do it it takes me more like 10 which doesn't seem right. Any tips???
Reply 8
i tired it and it took me 4 mins so as long as you save time from other eaiser questions it should be lall fine, practice fast caculations in your head and patterns, also plan the question to get the most out of it

Quick Reply

Latest