The Student Room Group

universita cattolica del sacro cuore med entrance exam

hii guys I have my exam in 4 months (cattolica's medical entrance exam) and there has been someone on this platform who has gone to cattolica before or at least took the exam. Could you share your exam experiences with me? I'm curious about your comments about the questions, how was it compared to normal imat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello there, I am a student at Cattolica right now (1st year) and I was part of the other thread.
A good way to succeed is to learn your high school curriculum well. On top of that, you should practice with the online practice test as much as you can. Some questions will repeat, but those questions are similar to the ones you will get.
For the religious part, you should study the sources that the university gives you. But just the stuff in bold letters or the start of each paragraph. Most of the encyclicals is just fluff or just explanations of the paragraphs.
For the general knowledge I can only say that remembering who the current president of the EU is right now, or any head figure of the EU is. It happened in two tests of two universities and I didn't know either time, so for safety's sake, learn those.
But overall the exam is not as bad as I thought. There was one biology question that was weird (sounded more like a general knowledge question) but in general the stuff on the test is stuff you do in high school.
IMAT was harder by the way in my opinion.
Any other questions, just ask.
-J

Original post by ezginazkirac
hii guys I have my exam in 4 months (cattolica's medical entrance exam) and there has been someone on this platform who has gone to cattolica before or at least took the exam. Could you share your exam experiences with me? I'm curious about your comments about the questions, how was it compared to normal imat?
Original post by Entoco
Hello there, I am a student at Cattolica right now (1st year) and I was part of the other thread.
A good way to succeed is to learn your high school curriculum well. On top of that, you should practice with the online practice test as much as you can. Some questions will repeat, but those questions are similar to the ones you will get.
For the religious part, you should study the sources that the university gives you. But just the stuff in bold letters or the start of each paragraph. Most of the encyclicals is just fluff or just explanations of the paragraphs.
For the general knowledge I can only say that remembering who the current president of the EU is right now, or any head figure of the EU is. It happened in two tests of two universities and I didn't know either time, so for safety's sake, learn those.
But overall the exam is not as bad as I thought. There was one biology question that was weird (sounded more like a general knowledge question) but in general the stuff on the test is stuff you do in high school.
-J

hi,
I'm going to be writing the Cattolica exam in march 2023 and I'm very stressed, my best score to date in 30.25 and I'm worried because i did leaving cert from Ireland but the questions that come up on the simulator are not what I was taught in my leaving cert syllabus. please, if you have any textbooks or resources, I would be grateful to you if can share them. Also what was your rank , if you don't mind telling?

how similar are the real exam questions to the online simulator? also how long did you prep for the exam? I just started a week ago doing the exams but I'm stressed a;ready!

thank you for coming back and telling us how the exam was and i hope you a well and happy journey through med school and life!!
hi, I'm going to be writing the Cattolica exam in march 2023 and I'm very stressed, my best score to date in 30.25 and I'm worried because i did leaving cert from Ireland but the questions that come up on the simulator are not what I was taught in my leaving cert syllabus. please, if you have any textbooks or resources, I would be grateful to you if can share them. Also what was your rank , if you don't mind telling?

how similar are the real exam questions to the online simulator? also how long did you prep for the exam? I just started a week ago doing the exams but I'm stressed a;ready!

thank you for coming back and telling us how the exam was and i hope you a well and happy journey through med school and life!!
hello user entoco thank you so much for your answer thats very helpful for me but i have more question about unicatt exam can i ask in here or another social media platform? btw, what do you do about scientific section? how was this part can you explain shortly?? :smile:

(Original post by Entoco)
-J

Original post by Entoco
-J

(Original post by Dolomites07)
hi, I'm going to be writing the Cattolica exam in march 2023 and I'm very stressed, my best score to date in 30.25 and I'm worried because i did leaving cert from Ireland but the questions that come up on the simulator are not what I was taught in my leaving cert syllabus. please, if you have any textbooks or resources, I would be grateful to you if can share them. Also what was your rank , if you don't mind telling?

Original post by Dolomites07

hii sorry i cant use that site much if you want i can help you about prep. you can write my insta acc my username is same btw in yt you can watch erfan parand (?) who is med student in unicatt and share videos about prep or sth. ahaha i hope that usefull for you. and my high score also 35-40 but dont worry ahaha i dont finished yet the scientific syllabus but just 1-2 months will be enough for prep :smile:

Original post by Dolomites07)

hii sorry i cant use that site much if you want i can help you about prep. you can write my insta acc my username is same btw in yt you can watch erfan parand (?) who is med student in unicatt and share videos about prep or sth. ahaha i hope that usefull for you. and my high score also 35-40 but dont worry ahaha i dont finished yet the scientific syllabus but just 1-2 months will be enough for prep :smile:

Original post by Dolomites07)

thank you so much for replying!

And yes, we have 2 more months left so I'm preparing study material now, my eyes are tearing up with the amount of work I have to learn that I wasn't taught at school but hey, knowledge. I just requested your Insta acc I think; I have a "sri" in my username if that helps you identify that I did request to follow you on Insta.

I haven't watched that yt channel so I might watch it now. I just find it a little frustrating because Cattolica doesn't reveal too much about how the test is done, as in how we are going to take it in the exam centre; on a computer or written and if we will be allowed roughworking on a blank sheet of paper.

I guess its just my panic bothering me but it'd be nice to understand and get familiar with the setting!

sorry for the rant!!🥲
Reply 8
thank you so much for replying!

And yes, we have 2 more months left so I'm preparing study material now, my eyes are tearing up with the amount of work I have to learn that I wasn't taught at school but hey, knowledge. I just requested your Insta acc I think; I have a "sri" in my username if that helps you identify that I did request to follow you on Insta.

I haven't watched that yt channel so I might watch it now. I just find it a little frustrating because Cattolica doesn't reveal too much about how the test is done, as in how we are going to take it in the exam centre; on a computer or written and if we will be allowed roughworking on a blank sheet of paper.

I guess its just my panic bothering me but it'd be nice to understand and get familiar with the setting!

sorry for the rant!!🥲

If you are Non-EU, I suggest that you don't worry because there are a lot of seats (50) and because the score requirement is lower. Hell, a new student joined us on the second last week before the holidays because there were spots to fill from Non-EU. I think there are more students yet to fill all Non-EU spots still. The score of that student was 26.50 I think. So don't worry too much. I suggest a score above 33 to get you in instantly.
If you are EU, I suggest you study your syllabus honestly. There are only 30 spaces. I had a score of 38.25 and got the confirmation email later as many people rejected a spot. Just gonna say that most of the 30 EU seats are gonna be filled in by Italians, and the competition is high. I suggest a score above 43 to get in instantly, without waiting in the wait list, like I did (only a week).
Also to study:
I did A-Levels, so stuff from A level biology and chemistry came up. The stuff from physics and maths was higher GCSE stuff.
And yeah Erfan's videos are pretty alright.
The test will be taken either at a test centre (EU) or at home (Non-EU) on a computer. You will be allowed a rough sheet of paper naturally.
I don't remember if you can have a calculator or not but I think you can.

Remember, don't worry too much!! It's going to be fine, trust me, I've been there.

-J
Original post by Entoco
If you are Non-EU, I suggest that you don't worry because there are a lot of seats (50) and because the score requirement is lower. Hell, a new student joined us on the second last week before the holidays because there were spots to fill from Non-EU. I think there are more students yet to fill all Non-EU spots still. The score of that student was 26.50 I think. So don't worry too much. I suggest a score above 33 to get you in instantly.
If you are EU, I suggest you study your syllabus honestly. There are only 30 spaces. I had a score of 38.25 and got the confirmation email later as many people rejected a spot. Just gonna say that most of the 30 EU seats are gonna be filled in by Italians, and the competition is high. I suggest a score above 43 to get in instantly, without waiting in the wait list, like I did (only a week).
Also to study:
I did A-Levels, so stuff from A level biology and chemistry came up. The stuff from physics and maths was higher GCSE stuff.
The test will be taken either at a test centre (EU) or at home (Non-EU) on a computer. You will be allowed a rough sheet of paper naturally.

Remember, don't worry too much!! It's going to be fine, trust me, I've been there.

-J

thank you so much for the reply!! i got the same advice from other to study and work hard so i will! i recently got my highest score in the simulators which was 32 but ik i can definetly do better and seeing that you study A-levels and im now studying the IB levels, im a little more confident about my chances of getting in.
hii tysm for replying, Were you in the non-eu category? Did you take the exam at home? how was it? I mean, how did they supervise or spy on you? Also, how can I work on the scientific part and the reading comprehension parts? Do you have a specific resource, book or site suggestion?
hii tysm for replying, Were you in the non-eu category? Did you take the exam at home? how was it? I mean, how did they supervise or spy on you? Also, how can I work on the scientific part and the reading comprehension parts? Do you have a specific resource, book or site suggestion?

Original post by Entoco
Also to study:

-J
I was EU. I had to go to a test centre. The exam itself was okay, the experience was nerve wracking as one would expect.
However, the program they use to test you at home and test centre is also used for exams in university, so I can tell you about them.
Basically the program will shut down every other program in your system, like chrome, and take control of the microphone and camera (I believe you need a camera for this unless stated otherwise). The test will run on this program, and they can see what you do on your PC.
For practicing questions that are not from high school knowledge just use the simulators, like comprehension.
Original post by Entoco
I was EU. I had to go to a test centre. The exam itself was okay, the experience was nerve wracking as one would expect.
However, the program they use to test you at home and test centre is also used for exams in university, so I can tell you about them.
Basically the program will shut down every other program in your system, like chrome, and take control of the microphone and camera (I believe you need a camera for this unless stated otherwise). The test will run on this program, and they can see what you do on your PC.
For practicing questions that are not from high school knowledge just use the simulators, like comprehension.

hi Entoco, you are a saviour rn, ive been confused how the uk is considered in eu and non eu and one person said uk would be eu in the exam but considered non EU in fees and stuff. so we have to get our laptops to the test centre? also would you remember which test centre it was? because to get a flight and stuff... Cattolica hasn't sent me any email about this and the flights aren't always on schedule here so I'm kind of worried. also if you don't mind sharing your rank from last year? its completely okay if you don't want to! I'm just comparing and stuff... Thank you!!!
lmao is the dude that told you that on yt?
You do not to bring anything at the test centre except yourself and ID and number. The uni will give you this info soon (hopefully, they are somewhat slow but they are nice nonetheless)
I don't know if the test centre will be the same. My one was in Hounslow, London, in a place called Sceptre House. It might change though.
I came 63rd last year. I waited on the waiting list for a week I think.
All good. I'm here to help out because nobody helped us out last year.
-J
hi Entoco, you are a saviour rn, ive been confused how the uk is considered in eu and non eu and one person said uk would be eu in the exam but considered non EU in fees and stuff. so we have to get our laptops to the test centre? also would you remember which test centre it was? because to get a flight and stuff... Cattolica hasn't sent me any email about this and the flights aren't always on schedule here so I'm kind of worried. also if you don't mind sharing your rank from last year? its completely okay if you don't want to! I'm just comparing and stuff... Thank you!!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Entoco
lmao is the dude that told you that on yt?
You do not to bring anything at the test centre except yourself and ID and number. The uni will give you this info soon (hopefully, they are somewhat slow but they are nice nonetheless)
I don't know if the test centre will be the same. My one was in Hounslow, London, in a place called Sceptre House. It might change though.
I came 63rd last year. I waited on the waiting list for a week I think.
All good. I'm here to help out because nobody helped us out last year.
-J

wait don't tell me you are the person from yt on erfans vid, man it felt like a coincidence but lmao, but omg thank you! i cannot thank you enough that you actually decided to help us when no one did for you. also do you have any insta or stuff that we can easily chat on?
lmao thats me

wait don't tell me you are the person from yt on erfans vid, man it felt like a coincidence but lmao, but omg thank you! i cannot thank you enough that you actually decided to help us when no one did for you. also do you have any insta or stuff that we can easily chat on?
Reply 17
Original post by Entoco
-J

Original post by Entoco
lmao thats me

Hii Entoco! I'm a prospective applicant at Cattolica (Indian - Non EU) and would really appreciate if I can dm you either on Insta or Discord (or Reddit :tongue:) TIA!
Original post by Entoco
-J

hey J, I am 69th on the ranking list (non-EU), what do you think are my chances of getting in and how long should I be waiting? My score is 29 btw
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dorotejailic444
hey J, I am 69th on the ranking list (non-EU), what do you think are my chances of getting in and how long should I be waiting? My score is 29 btw

did you get in???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending