The Student Room Group

UCAS Applications + Uni group discussion threads 2023 **Official Thread**

Hey!

Are you applying to university in 2023?

Introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying :woo:

If you can't find your chat make a new thread here and tag in @StrawberryDreams! If you have already made a chat and it's not listed here, please tag me into and I'll add it in!

Application details ice-breaker questions :biggrin:

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with :yep:

Below is a list of subject and university-specific group discussions/application threads which you might like to get involved in.

Click + Show next to the letter your uni starts with below and the links will appear:

University Applicant Threads:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

WXYZ

Universities outside the UK:
Hong Kong >>
Ireland
USA/Ivy League
Canada >>
Australia >>
Netherlands >>
Bocconi
Humanitas >>

Other:
Teacher Training>>
Disabled Students >>
Mature Students >>
Italian Applicants >>
Spanish Applicants >>
Canadian Applicants >>

Postgraduate:

Subject Applicant Threads:

All med school applicant threads can be found here >>

ABC

DEFGHI

JKLMNO

PQR

STU

VWXYZ

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grdgirl3
What course are you applying for: Pharmacy
What universities are you thinking of: Brighton, Aston, De Monfort, Liverpool John Moore, Wolverhampton
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades: AAB
GCSE grades: 9998888666
Extra curriculars: NHS Cadets Hopefully and more....

Welcome! :biggrin:

Good luck with your application :woo: Have you started it yet? Let us know if you need any help :smile:
Original post by StrawberryDreams

Good luck with your application :woo: Have you started it yet? Let us know if you need any help :smile:

Thanks :wink: I've only written the introduction of my ps so far lol
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by grdgirl3
Thanks :wink: I've only written the introduction of my ps so far lol

That's a great start! We have loads of really helpful PS resources here if you need them: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/personal-statements/

:smile:
A bit of a chuckle. It says this thread was created 52 years ago. :tongue:
Original post by BubblesBB
A bit of a chuckle. It says this thread was created 52 years ago. :tongue:

I speak to you from 1970.... :rofl:

A little TSR bug has come out to bite, we'll get this looked at!
Course: psychology/ psychology with cognitive neuroscience/ psychology with counselling.
Universities: 1. University of Birmingham
2. University of Warwick
3. Leicester
4. University of reading
5. Brunel university london

A level predicted grades: A psychology, A politics, B Biology, A EPQ
GCSE Grades: 9,8,7,7,77,6,5,
Extra curriculars: piano, childcare (job), primary school volunteer
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello everyone! It feels amazing to say that I'm finally applying to university after the long wait!

Course: Law
Possible universities: Durham, Exeter, really not sure on any other ones as of yet
Predicted grades: A (already have 2 A levels at A*, and will be fast-tracking another A level, for which they will not provide me with a predicted grade, hence only 1 predicted grade)
GCSE grades: not the best in the world :redface:
Extra curriculars: I'm not currently participating in any, but during my previous years at college, I participated in the pathways to law programme, one of the SMP's law programmes, amongst other, smaller law programmes. Aside from that, that's about it!

I'm looking forward to following everyone's journeys this academic year :smile:
I am applying to Cardiff Met, Human Nutrition & Dietetics. I start my Access to Biosciences course in Sept. I have drafted my personal statement already, just waiting for the college to oversee it before I start the actual application. I'm a mature student at almost 38! Really looking forward to this next stage.
Reply 9
Biomedical science
Aston, NTU, wolverhampton, derby and staffordshire (or warwick)
AS exams results: C in bio, B in psy and health and social care (but predicted grades were B in bio and psy and A IN HSC)
GCSE grades were 7 and 8s and a distinction in HSC
extra curricular: did volunteer job at a nursery and now at local hospital
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi @StrawberryDreams Ive opened a couple of threads for you, please can you make them stickys
Ive added reading https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7255367&p=97563205#post97563205
Ive added Chester https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7255368&p=97563215#post97563215
I can add my youngest daughters(shes not on TSR, but im on here to help out since the eldest was on here back in 2019)

Course: Zoology/Animal Behaviour
Universities: 1. Reading
2. Chester
3. Lincoln
4. Lancaster
5. Bangor
A level predicted grades: A*Psychology, A Biology B Geography
GCSE Grades: 988887776
Extra curriculars: MOOC in animal behaviour, Edgehill summer school in psychology
Original post by Ghostlady
please can you make them stickys

The sticky threads have been set to change over automatically on 1st September :smile:
Hey!

Are you applying to university in 2023?

Introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying :woo:

If you can't find your chat make a new thread here and tag in @StrawberryDreams! If you have already made a chat and it's not listed here, please tag me into and I'll add it in!

Application details ice-breaker questions :biggrin:

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with :yep:

Below is a list of subject and university-specific group chats/application threads which you might like to get involved in.

Click + Show next to the letter your uni starts with below and the links will appear:

University Applicant Threads:

ABC

DEF

GHI

JKL

MNO

PQR

STU

WXYZ

Universities outside the UK:
Hong Kong >>
Ireland
USA/Ivy League
Canada >>
Australia >>
Netherlands >>
Bocconi
Humanitas >>

Other:
Teacher Training>>
Disabled Students >>
Mature Students >>
Italian Applicants >>
Spanish Applicants >>
Canadian Applicants >>

Postgraduate:

Subject Applicant Threads:

All med school applicant threads can be found here >>

ABC

DEFGHI

JKLMNO

PQR

STU

VWXYZ

Hi @StrawberryDreams!

Great to see the Lancaster applicant thread linked here :smile: It's been started recently and there are plenty of student ambassadors on hand to answer any questions!

- Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Course: Geography
Applying to: Glasgow, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Dundee, Aberdeen
Grades achieved: ABBD in Higher, B in A-Level
Predicted grades: don't know yet, doing another 4 highers this year
(edited 1 year ago)
Course: LLB law
Uni: Uni of Nottingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Exeter and possibly Sheffield
Predicted: A*AA
Gcses: not the best! Ranges between 4-7
Extra curricular: Silver DofE, horse riding, summer schools, volunteering
Hi! I'm Nat

Course: Chemistry
Unis: Oxford, Imperial, Birmingham, Durham
A level: predicted 4A*s + A* in EPQ (Maths, Phys, chem English lit)
GCSE grades: 10 grade 9's
Extra curriculars: IRIS UCL research project on nanoparticles, SATRO research project on the nuclear spin of Silicon for quantum computing, EPQ on Atmospheric chemistry and exoplanets, Grade 7 ABRSM Piano,
What course are you applying for: Human, Social & Political Sciences/Liberal Arts
What universities are you thinking of: Cambridge (HSPS), UCL (ESPS), Exeter (Liberal Arts), Durham (Combined Honours in Social Sciences), Nottingham (Liberal Arts)
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*A* (Politics, German, Sociology)
GCSE grades: 9999988887
Extra curriculars: OxNet outreach scheme, Discover Bath summer school, Sidney Sussex University Support Scheme, NCS, DofE Bronze, tonnes of wider reading, Senior VP at sixth form, political activism through the Labour Party, equalities officer at a political movement, OxNet essay prize, co-leader of Diversity Forum, LGBTQ+ Alliance and Social Issues Society at my sixth form, work experience at my local council, critical thinking course, MOOC in sociological thinkers, volunteer for a wellbeing app
Original post by t4pedeck
What course are you applying for: Human, Social & Political Sciences/Liberal Arts
What universities are you thinking of: Cambridge (HSPS), UCL (ESPS), Exeter (Liberal Arts), Durham (Combined Honours in Social Sciences), Nottingham (Liberal Arts)
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*A* (Politics, German, Sociology)
GCSE grades: 9999988887
Extra curriculars: OxNet outreach scheme, Discover Bath summer school, Sidney Sussex University Support Scheme, NCS, DofE Bronze, tonnes of wider reading, Senior VP at sixth form, political activism through the Labour Party, equalities officer at a political movement, OxNet essay prize, co-leader of Diversity Forum, LGBTQ+ Alliance and Social Issues Society at my sixth form, work experience at my local council, critical thinking course, MOOC in sociological thinkers, volunteer for a wellbeing app

Woah, you've got loads going on! Well done you for being so driven! :biggrin:

Can I ask how similar the A Level entry requirements are for the 5 courses you have listed?
Hi I’m Emma!
What course are you applying for: Speech and Language Therapy
What universities are you thinking of: Manchester, Manchester Met, Leeds Beckett, Huddersfield and Birmingham City. Fingers crossed for UoM!
A level predicted grades:A*A*B (English Lit, Sociology, Maths)
GCSE grades: 9998888776
Extra curriculars: Volunteer work with local Children

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending