The Student Room Group

Mental Health Support Society XXI

Scroll to see replies

My mh team are so ****ing slow at doing ****.
Never known anything like it!!

Had my appointment last monday and asked for a copy of the letter being sent to the drs... Just rang up cos iv still not had it "i posted it yesterday so it should be there soon" ****ing great.
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Sending hugs :hugs:

Original post by Synergy~
:hugs:
I am so sorry to hear that. I really do hope things get better for you. I know these niceties and platitudes do not change much, but I do mean it when I say that you strike me as someone that is stronger than they know and that you are worthy of happiness.
Do not feel the need to reply to this, trust me I know what you mean with being overwhelmed and not able to reply to messages. Take care x

Thanks guys.

Original post by PandaWho
My mh team are so ****ing slow at doing ****.
Never known anything like it!!

Had my appointment last monday and asked for a copy of the letter being sent to the drs... Just rang up cos iv still not had it "i posted it yesterday so it should be there soon" ****ing great.

Ha, yeah. Mine took a few months to get me clinic letters, from before/around the start the start of the pandemic, they were bad before but waiting months was kind of a joke. Especially as asking my psychiatrist about it she had apparently already dictated them, doubt it but whatever I guess.

Don't expect anything from them. They're not worth the annoyance they cause tbh.
Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.
It's been a while but I've popped back on to ask a couple of questions about some antidepressants my Doctor has recommended to me.

I've tried Fluoxetine and Sertraline. Side effects hit me hard and they didn't help any even when I stuck with them through the initial side effects.
I stopped taking Sertraline myself around March.
Now my Dr is recommending I go back on medication, and has suggested either Mirtazapine or Duloxetine.

I would appreciate if any of you could tell me about your experience with either of these drugs.
I know each persons experience is different, but it might help me make my decision if I have an idea of other people's experiences.

tyia :love:
Original post by Sammylou40
If you need to talk pm me

Thank you, I will keep that in mind :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
Ha, yeah. Mine took a few months to get me clinic letters, from before/around the start the start of the pandemic, they were bad before but waiting months was kind of a joke. Especially as asking my psychiatrist about it she had apparently already dictated them, doubt it but whatever I guess.

Don't expect anything from them. They're not worth the annoyance they cause tbh.

They are truely so shocking.
My drs got the letter last week because there the ones that prescribed my meds! So why mines only just been posted christ knows.

Hope your feeling a wee bit better :jumphug:
They are truely so shocking.
My drs got the letter last week because there the ones that prescribed my meds! So why mines only just been posted christ knows.

Hope your feeling a wee bit better :jumphug:

Doesn't make much sense, if you don't see it soon, then you could ask for your GP to print out a letter (ask the receptionist).

Not particularly, but I have to stay awake as I have a cardiology appointment in about an hour. Then I'll go back to bed.
Original post by Pathway
Doesn't make much sense, if you don't see it soon, then you could ask for your GP to print out a letter (ask the receptionist).

Not particularly, but I have to stay awake as I have a cardiology appointment in about an hour. Then I'll go back to bed.

Yeah i will, hopefully ill have it by the end of the week.

Eeek thats a late appointment! Hopefully you can stay awake for it!!
Original post by MrsMars
Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.
It's been a while but I've popped back on to ask a couple of questions about some antidepressants my Doctor has recommended to me.

I've tried Fluoxetine and Sertraline. Side effects hit me hard and they didn't help any even when I stuck with them through the initial side effects.
Now my Dr is recommending I go back on medication, and has suggested either Mirtazapine or Duloxetine.

I would appreciate if any of you could tell me about your experience with either of these drugs.
I know each persons experience is different, but it might help me make my decision if I have an idea of other people's experiences.

Im on mirtaz and have been for a while. I dont think i noticed any side effects, and its not done much for me personally but iv just been diagnosed with Cyclothymia and taking just an antidepressant does naff all so that will be why its not done much for me...
Original post by MrsMars
Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

Hi.

I take mirtazipine and it’s the first anti-depressant that has actually worked for me. It’s honestly been amazing. The only major side effect I’ve had from it is the tiredness so definitely take it at night. After I’ve been on a dose for about a week the tiredness during the day massively improved. Now I hardly notice any side effects unless I try and stay awake hours after taking the tablet. I’ve been on it for over 2 years now.
Yeah i will, hopefully ill have it by the end of the week.

Eeek thats a late appointment! Hopefully you can stay awake for it!!

Good luck.

Yeah, it was (just had it), think it's because it was an urgent appointment so they just shove you in where possible).
Tw eating disorder

Spoiler

Tw vomit

Spoiler

Original post by CoolCavy
Tw vomit

Spoiler

Hope you got through the rest of the day ok. And hope you are ok.
Tw eating disorder

Spoiler

Thoughts are loud tonight
Wow, new thread! :eek3: I didn't even realise we were close :lol: hope everyone's okay, as much as possible.
I love how this thread is still going. I used to be regular in the soc 6 odd years ago on my main account (can't remember what email I used):frown:
But you guys are still the best and most supportive part of tsr.
:hugs: to all who needs them right now
You are amazing and strong even if it doesn't feel that way
Hi all, new on the thread! Thought I might as well dive into it

- cw eating disorders, food etc

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
argh sorry, I messed up the spoiler tagging and now can't edit my post! I'm so sorry - the trigger warnings for the above post are eating disorders, food, disorder eating, weight, etc
Tw eating disorder

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest