The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yeah York is AAA as well.

History must be getting more and more competitive ^^
Reply 61
I found out the other day that Leeds has upped theres to AAA aswell - after I'd sent my application. Luckily I loved it enough to work hard for the offer if I got one, but it's still sneaky as one of their web pages still says AAB.
Reply 62
Whoa I just spent ages writing the list out haha!
And well done on your York offer :smile:
xx
Reply 63
rotor
Whoa I just spent ages writing the list out haha!
And well done on your York offer :smile:
xx

Nice job :smile:

Went through the 2005 HAT today. Well, looked at it by myself :p:
It was so much easier than the 2004 paper! I'm actually slightly confident!

How's everyone's preparation coming along?
Reply 64
Woo!
I tried the 2004 one today and pretty much failed!
Reply 65
Yeah that one was far harder, no suprise they changed it after that year!
Jodie_0009
I found out the other day that Leeds has upped theres to AAA aswell - after I'd sent my application. Luckily I loved it enough to work hard for the offer if I got one, but it's still sneaky as one of their web pages still says AAB.

I went to Leeds during the summer holiday, it was practically empty. I found the admissions tutor for History and she told me that they took on too many students last year and were upping it to AAA just to deter people so they get a lot less this year.
SJ_FallingFear
I just got a conditional offer from York for History:

AAA (inc History excluding General Studies)

:smile:

High five, York buddy! :biggrin:

Oh and:

AS: aaaa (History, Eng. Lit, Bio, Econ)
Predicted: AAA (Dropped Econ)
Unis: Oxford, UCL, KCL, Nottingham, York (;D) 1 down...let's just hope I don't mess up my A2s, since I basically have no backup....-_-"
Other: Best of luck to everyone!
Any others here applied to LSE?
Reply 69
Hi everyone!

AS:AAAA (History, Eng. Language, Geography, Religious Studies)
Predicted:AAA (dropped Eng. Language)
Unis applying for: Durham, York, Exeter, Bristol and Southampton

Hope everyone gets the offers they want :smile:
Reply 70
Jodie_0009
AS: History A, Geography A, Philosophy A, English literature A and Critical Thinking B
Predicted AAAA

Oxford (Lincoln college)
Durham
Kings College London
Warwick (History and culture - non language)
Leeds

Does anyone know roughly when each uni gives out offers? I heard Leeds is quite early like late Oct/ early Nov. My application was sent today so I hoping to hear from Leeds early :s-smilie:

Nice1, someone whose doing pretty much exactly the same subjects as me...
Reply 71
Achknowledged by Bristol today ^^

Their admissions statement says they won't reply to anyone until January though :frown: I was hoping to hear from them before the Oxford interview if I get it..
Reply 72
Still fairly new to this... but!
AS: AAAA (History, Eng.Lit, Politics & Sociology)
Predicted: AAA (plus Gen.Studs! Dropped Socio)
Applying at: Oxford, Bristol, St.Andrews, Edinburgh and Sheffield... got a conditional offer from Sheffield yesterday :smile:
Gooood luck everyone xx
Just wanted to say, good luck everyone.

And, anyone applying to Warwick, don't worry if you don't hear back quickly. I applied there for History and Culture last year with AS grades AAAB(+B in GS) and it took until March 2nd to get an offer.

Oh, and if you haven't made up your mind, you could try looking at the courses for Part 2 (years 2/3) as well. They might change but it can give you a rough idea of what you are going to have the chance to do then. For example, I don't think the Part 1 course at Lancaster is 100% 'me' but it makes up for that with the Part 2 modules. Also, try to visit - it can make or break a university for you. I loved the thought of Nottingham, visited and spoke to some of the History lecturers and that put me off so I didn't apply. It is best to try and discover these things before you apply if you can but most definitely before you firm. :smile:
Woo! I had an offer today. AAB including History from UEA. So pleased to have actually heard something, and on my birthday as well.
Reply 75
hey everyone... sent my app on 15th October!

AS grades: History-A, Politics-A, Spanish-B, Law-A(dropped A2)
Predcted grades: AAB

Choices
LSE - History
UCL - History with Spanish
Manchester - History and Spanish
Birmingham - History and Hispanic Stud
Sheffield - History and Hispanic Stud

top 2 are more out of hope rather than expectation - might as well apply hey :smile:

so who else is doing joint honours with a language??
Reply 76
AS-Grades: AAAB - History, Religious Studies, Sociology, English Language

Predicted Grades: AAAA

Unis applied to: Bristol, Oxford, Nottingham, Leeds, York - I substituted my choice for Edinburgh.

Other information: I'm doing an AEA in History.
Reply 77
AS-Grades: AAAA- History, Eng Lit, Maths, Biology
Unis applied to: Cambridge: Pembroke College, Durham, York, UCL, Warwick

Have gotten acknowledgements from Cambridge, Durham and UCL. Yet to work on the UCL questionnaire!

A bit worried because I've just seen my reference (ordered from UCAS) and it's not that great. A lot of flattering comments by my teacher, but he didn't write that well and he wasted a huge paragraph describing my work exp in a rather irrelevant way :/
Reply 78
nirvathema
AS-Grades: AAAA- History, Eng Lit, Maths, Biology
Unis applied to: Cambridge: Pembroke College, Durham, York, UCL, Warwick

Have gotten acknowledgements from Cambridge, Durham and UCL. Yet to work on the UCL questionnaire!

A bit worried because I've just seen my reference (ordered from UCAS) and it's not that great. A lot of flattering comments by my teacher, but he didn't write that well and he wasted a huge paragraph describing my work exp in a rather irrelevant way :/

"UCL questionnaire*??

what is that and why have i not got one. UCL acknowleged my app :frown:
Reply 79
abu.10
"UCL questionnaire*??

what is that and why have i not got one. UCL acknowleged my app :frown:

UCL usually sends you a questionnaire after "actively considering" your application, to allow the admissions tutors to "gain a further insight into your reasons for wanting to study History". It's sort of like a final stage to the application process I think. I'm not sure how many applicants are weeded out before the questionnaire, but I don't think it's a significant amount at all, and I'm sure you'll receive yours soon : )

Latest

Trending

Trending