The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Aston:
I got AAAaa Merit in my A levels (+AEA) and I applied for Business and Management, and the entry requirements were AAB, although some people have ABB offers.
I applied to both for business and management, offers were both AAB, that's what I got. I went for Aston over Birmingham though.
fightoffyourdemons
I applied to both for business and management, offers were both AAB, that's what I got. I went for Aston over Birmingham though.

why did u choose aston over birmingham
jessyfantastic90
why did u choose aston over birmingham

It's a smaller uni so more friendly, the talks I had on the subject were far better at Aston, Aston's business school has a better reputation, I liked the fact it's a campus uni, and it's closer to the city centre :smile:
fightoffyourdemons
It's a smaller uni so more friendly, the talks I had on the subject were far better at Aston, Aston's business school has a better reputation, I liked the fact it's a campus uni, and it's closer to the city centre :smile:

Congrats! You made the right choice :smile::smile::smile:

Oh, and on topic - I got an offer of 320 UCAS points from Aston and 340 from Birmingham for Business and Management.

(I actually only ended up getting 300 and getting given an alternative offer to choose Business and Politics at Aston instead)
whats the accomadation and student life at aston like compared to bham.
And also i want to do marketing and advertising in the future so do you think i should choose a business and management course since ive never done business studies and could get an overview of all aspects of business ,just in case i don't like marketing or do u think i should choose to do marketing and will year 1 modules be the same for all business and management modules.
Reply 7
At Aston as far as I know (since I'm not part of it!) everyone who is part of the business school does a common first year (ie everyone does the same modules regardless of what they applied for) then you choose which particular subjects you want to go into in the second year. Therefore you get an overview of all aspects of businesss in the first year. Please correct me if I'm wrong though business people!

All accommodation is on campus at Aston (ie 5minute walk max to the main building and lecture rooms), there are the Standard Accom in the 3Tower blocks and low rise(£65/week) and Lakeside, which is ensuite (£101/week)... go on the website and have a look or order a prospectus to get a better idea/pictures etc.
gillipies
At Aston as far as I know (since I'm not part of it!) everyone who is part of the business school does a common first year (ie everyone does the same modules regardless of what they applied for) then you choose which particular subjects you want to go into in the second year. Therefore you get an overview of all aspects of businesss in the first year. Please correct me if I'm wrong though business people!

All accommodation is on campus at Aston (ie 5minute walk max to the main building and lecture rooms), there are the Standard Accom in the 3Tower blocks and low rise(£65/week) and Lakeside, which is ensuite (£101/week)... go on the website and have a look or order a prospectus to get a better idea/pictures etc.

Your not wrong. :p:

I would recommend anyone who is social and enjoys spending a lot of time mixing/talking with other people to come and live in standard accomodation at Aston. The first week and a half has been really good so far except a few fire alarms. :smile:

Dalton Tower for the win! :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending