The Student Room Group

Applying with A*A*A

Hello, I am looking to study law and I am predicted A*A*A in Law, Geography and Economics. Im primarily looking at Leeds, Manchester and York. What is the likelihood of recieving an offer with these predicted grades. I know they are above the typical offer for them all however I have no idea if that makes an offer near certain or no actual difference. Also if I am lucky enough to get an offer what would that offer be for my predicted grades or the typical offer. If anybody could help with this I would be very greatful!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kieran2463
Hello, I am looking to study law and I am predicted A*A*A in Law, Geography and Economics. Im primarily looking at Leeds, Manchester and York. What is the likelihood of recieving an offer with these predicted grades. I know they are above the typical offer for them all however I have no idea if that makes an offer near certain or no actual difference. Also if I am lucky enough to get an offer what would that offer be for my predicted grades or the typical offer. If anybody could help with this I would be very greatful!

What are your gcse's like.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney

7,8,9's except a 6 and a 3 and a btec
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney

Sorry felt like I could've gave you a bit more there. Btec sport I passed, the 3 was in German and the 6 was in RS. I think there was only one 7 in one of the englishes and everything else was 8,9.
Sorry felt like I could've gave you a bit more there. Btec sport I passed, the 3 was in German and the 6 was in RS. I think there was only one 7 in one of the englishes and everything else was 8,9.

With those grades your likely to get offers and the offer is likely to be the standard published grades,
Reply 5

Yes you should get offers at standard grades from all those unis without any problem.What grades do you think you will actually achieve?
Reply 6
Original post by Scotney

Yes you should get offers at standard grades from all those unis without any problem.What grades do you think you will actually achieve?

In all honesty im not to sure. Im thinking maybe AAA and at a worst AAB.
Reply 7
In all honesty im not to sure. Im thinking maybe AAA and at a worst AAB.

I would say you should make at least two of your choices AAB so you have a choice you would not mind if things go awry.Try and get to open days and find places you would like to study at before making your choices if possible.
How good at you realistically predicting grades based on GCSE or mocks?
Reply 8
Original post by Scotney

I would say you should make at least two of your choices AAB so you have a choice you would not mind if things go awry.Try and get to open days and find places you would like to study at before making your choices if possible.
How good at you realistically predicting grades based on GCSE or mocks?

In all fairness i'm not very good. I think I was only just passing my gces up until the last mocks and somehow got pretty good results in the end. Its been similar in A-level so far however changed a bit earlier which is positive. Mocks before summer I actually got CCD and I realised I needed to turn that around and got A*AB on the most recent set. I also do tend to underpredict myself and on the most recent mock my exam technique I had not worked on and is terrible. I feel like this is a relatively easy fix and makes a big difference (especially in economics where I got the B). Thanks for helping me btw.
Reply 9
@McGinger can you advise here.
Reply 10
In all fairness i'm not very good. I think I was only just passing my gces up until the last mocks and somehow got pretty good results in the end. Its been similar in A-level so far however changed a bit earlier which is positive. Mocks before summer I actually got CCD and I realised I needed to turn that around and got A*AB on the most recent set. I also do tend to underpredict myself and on the most recent mock my exam technique I had not worked on and is terrible. I feel like this is a relatively easy fix and makes a big difference (especially in economics where I got the B). Thanks for helping me btw.

No problem.
Original post by Scotney

Hi I got 9877776666 in my gcses and am predicted 2 A*s and 2As, doing business, English lit, geography, French
I want to stay in Birmingham, any chances for Uob?
What schools should I apply to? Aston?
Original post by swanseajack1
With those grades your likely to get offers and the offer is likely to be the standard published grades,

Hi I got 9877776666 in my gcses and am predicted 2 A*s and 2As, doing business, English lit, geography, French
Reply 13
Original post by Jakeclarke

Have you considered warwick? I don't know much but I believe it is a really good uni very close to birmingham and you should get in for all subjects with those grades. Anyone feel free to correct me

You have stellar grades. I dont mean to derail the thread but have you considered Cambridge law? The deadline is tomorrow.

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/law
Have you considered warwick? I don't know much but I believe it is a really good uni very close to birmingham and you should get in for all subjects with those grades. Anyone feel free to correct me

I don't know much about universities but I will defo look into Warwick, I just want a uni near or in Birmingham, thank for your help!

you know if I have any chances of getting In UoB or Aston?
Original post by Wired_1800
You have stellar grades. I dont mean to derail the thread but have you considered Cambridge law? The deadline is tomorrow.

Reply 17

Honestly I did, but because my grades were so low only before summer I have had to do ALLOT of revision over summer for the returning mocks. I also have geography coursework which is in tomorrow and has been done over the past month quite intensely. I therefore didn't have time to do an LNAT and complete a personal statement before the early oxbridge deadline. It is obviously to late now and I only wish I had started revising earlier so I could've applied. Does this all make sense or does it sound ridiculous but that was all my thought process anyway.
Honestly I did, but because my grades were so low only before summer I have had to do ALLOT of revision over summer for the returning mocks. I also have geography coursework which is in tomorrow and has been done over the past month quite intensely. I therefore didn't have time to do an LNAT and complete a personal statement before the early oxbridge deadline. It is obviously to late now and I only wish I had started revising earlier so I could've applied. Does this all make sense or does it sound ridiculous but that was all my thought process anyway.

It makes sense and I understand your position.

To your main question, i think you could get offers from those options. You can consider Durham too. Good luck
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 19

It makes sense and I understand your position.

To your main question, i think you could get offers from those options. You can consider Durham too. Good luck

Honestly durham sounds great as a university but i'm not keen on the size of the town or the town itself. I also live within about 30 minutes of it and that just feels to close to home for me. But anyway im extremely greatful for your help and wish you good luck in your future endeavours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending