The Student Room Group

Urgent. Please help

I'm alone during lockdown and if I do try to get my mind off things and enjoy myself I get hate from people. I had this idiot beefing me on the YouTube comments and loads of other people got involved all targeting me. Its like one thing after another. I stay in bed most of the day because Im just so depressed about lockdown, I don’t know what other lockdown and restrictions we are going to have. I don't sleep, I just stay in bed because I am to upset to do anything, I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I have not been myself for so long and I don't know when I will return to my true self or I don't know if that will even happen. I might just be this depressed miserable guy for my whole life now but before I used to be a joker and people said I was funny.

I have been this miserable guy for a long time now and I really can't change it. I just stress, I overthink stuff, I sometimes get angry, I get anxious and I'm miserable most of the time. The other day my brother ordered me some food for his birthday, my appetite wasn't there and wasted it which he got mad about because it was his 21st birthday meal and he has zero respect for me for doing that. My other family members kept telling me that I can't waste my brothers birthday meal and the rest of my family ordered some more food and I couldn't even manage the existing one. No one in my family has a clue that im feeling like this, they just think I have just grown up and turned quiet and that im happy but im far from that. Also my family said they won't be getting anything for wasting the food, they said I wasted their time and money and my dad shouted at me.
omg this is horrible to hear! your family should be more supportive of you. if you want to pm me, im free for a while :h: :console:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm alone during lockdown and if I do try to get my mind off things and enjoy myself I get hate from people. I had this idiot beefing me on the YouTube comments and loads of other people got involved all targeting me. Its like one thing after another. I stay in bed most of the day because Im just so depressed about lockdown, I don’t know what other lockdown and restrictions we are going to have. I don't sleep, I just stay in bed because I am to upset to do anything, I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I have not been myself for so long and I don't know when I will return to my true self or I don't know if that will even happen. I might just be this depressed miserable guy for my whole life now but before I used to be a joker and people said I was funny.

I have been this miserable guy for a long time now and I really can't change it. I just stress, I overthink stuff, I sometimes get angry, I get anxious and I'm miserable most of the time. The other day my brother ordered me some food for his birthday, my appetite wasn't there and wasted it which he got mad about because it was his 21st birthday meal and he has zero respect for me for doing that. My other family members kept telling me that I can't waste my brothers birthday meal and the rest of my family ordered some more food and I couldn't even manage the existing one. No one in my family has a clue that im feeling like this, they just think I have just grown up and turned quiet and that im happy but im far from that. Also my family said they won't be getting anything for wasting the food, they said I wasted their time and money and my dad shouted at me.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Do you need someone to talk to?
Reply 3
How old are you if you don't mind me asking? Do you need someone to talk to?

Reply 4
Original post by BluMoon06
omg this is horrible to hear! your family should be more supportive of you. if you want to pm me, im free for a while :h: :console:

My family don't know anything. Can we talk on something else instead of tsr pms? How old are you?
My family don't know anything. Can we talk on something else instead of tsr pms? How old are you?

oh ok
i'm 14, nearly 15 but get told i'm very mature. how old are you?
i dont have anything else other than pinterest unfortunately

Sorry to hear this. The charity Mind has a lot of info and resources online which might be useful to you. I've linked to their 'Where to start' page below:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/seeking-help-for-a-mental-health-problem/where-to-start/
Reply 7
Original post by BluMoon06
oh ok
i'm 14, nearly 15 but get told i'm very mature. how old are you?
i dont have anything else other than pinterest unfortunately

I'm 20, you are way too young to be talking to so I can't talk sorry
I'm 20, you are way too young to be talking to so I can't talk sorry

omg i'm so sorry lol
best of luck :h:
Reply 9
I'll have a look thanks @Admit-One
why do you think you get hate from people? can't you engage in something that doesn't involve others?

I'm sorry to hear about your family not understanding, i hope they eventually do :smile:
Lockdown hasn't been easy at all for all of us- im sick of being around my family sometimes, im sure many others can relate too. I need a breather, i honestly can't wait to go back to uni for that one day of the week. I overthink and get anxious a lot too, probably not as bad as u though, but to help with that i journal, i write my feelings down, i draw/doodle- it helps me. It might not help you, but it took me a while to find something that helps me with all the thoughts spiraling in my head. Just know that you're not alone and others may experience it more or less severely than you :h:
(edited 3 years ago)
Ignore your family if they are rude

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending