The Student Room Group

a SHORT ASIAN female

hello. so i am quite short, around 4ft 11 and something inches so not exactly at 4ft11, but not 5ft either(UGHH)

I am turning 21 and Im south asian

whenever, family friends come and they see me for the first time ever, they literally tell my mom "she's short haha, oh this is your son, wow he's SO tall, is he the oldest (he's younger than me btw)". This ruined my mood and I wasn't up to serve him food, but obv I had to with a dull face.

but this concerns me because i get told that I look 9 or 10.

Any advice on how to feel better? i try to ignore this but it gets to me. I don't even know why Im like this even though both of my parents are taller than me?? Makes me sad am typing this. Sorry for the rant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry there's shorter people than 4ft 11inch aswell try Chinese medication
Reply 2
Original post by teecool7
Don't worry there's shorter people than 4ft 11inch aswell try Chinese medication

what is chinese medication?? It needs to be halal or vegetarian tho
Original post by Anonymous
hello. so i am quite short, around 4ft 11 and something inches so not exactly at 4ft11, but not 5ft either(UGHH)

whenever, family friends come and they see me for the first time ever, they literally tell my mom "she's short haha, oh this is your son, wow he's SO tall, is he the oldest (he's younger than me btw)". This ruined my mood and I wasn't up to serve him food, but obv I had to with a dull face.

Any advice on how to feel better? i try to ignore this but it gets to me. I don't even know why Im like this even though both of my parents are taller than me?? Makes me sad am typing this. Sorry for the rant

I have a friend who’s around the same height too, don’t worry too much ab it ur height doesn’t define you, everyone’s all different heights, i’ve heard stretching tall when u get up in the morning helps too
Reply 4
I have a friend who’s around the same height too, don’t worry too much ab it ur height doesn’t define you, everyone’s all different heights, i’ve heard stretching tall when u get up in the morning helps too

i tried all sort of things, including the stretching strategy you mentioned, but it didn't work. I also tried to wear high heels whenever i go to fancy events and that didn't work too
Reply 5
what is chinese medication?? It needs to be halal or vegetarian tho

It's like herbal medication
Don't worry I also get made fun of and feel embarrassed because of my height and people genuinely mistake me for a 12-year-old.
I know it may be hard but you will kinda have to just come to terms with it, as harsh as it sounds. It is genetics and you can't really change it to be honest, I have tried vitamins, supplements, and daily exercise but nothing changed.
So don't worry there's way more to life, and try focusing on something that will benefit you instead of worrying about something you can't change :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by teecool7
It's like herbal medication

only works for children
dont worry ,
i feel you
my mum makes fun of me for it all the time and I am a asian girl too
I am just 5'2 at 13 - according to my mum if you want to be attractive you need to be 5'4 at least and I should have played sports when younger

it really gets to me , I cry most days because of it
I don't think there is any other way to get taller and I am already 13

its okay you cannot do anything about it
I know a lot of people who are short too which are leading a happy life
Reply 9
just embrace it
just know you will look young when you are older thats what i use to make fun of everyone else XD
and ristas will be easy to get cuz men like short women so...
Reply 10
Original post by Food!!

and ristas will be easy to get cuz men like short women so...

you are correct but asian men who are on the taller side prefer 5ft4 plus. :colone:
Reply 11
you are correct but asian men who are on the taller side prefer 5ft4 plus. :colone:

ive seen 6ft men with like 5ft women(pakistani as well)
Reply 12
Original post by Food!!
ive seen 6ft men with like 5ft women(pakistani as well)

I may be wrong but it depends on ethnicity.
Im bengali and Ive never seen 6ft men with short bengali girls. To be honest Im not dreaming about a 6ft man to marry me and is not realistic
Try to focus on your own ambitions and all the positive things in your life. :smile:
Height is mostly dependent upon age & genetics with some impact based upon posture, health and diet.

I'm a 5'1 english female and 28 years old.
I wear very high heels and can easily pass for 5'4-5.
Most people can't accurately guess other people's heights.

is being 5'2 short of a 13 yea old

Wouldn't worry. Life isn't all about height. Just be yourself and enjoy your life, as it's too short for wasting it worrying about how tall or short you are :smile:
Reply 16
I may be wrong but it depends on ethnicity.
Im bengali and Ive never seen 6ft men with short bengali girls. To be honest Im not dreaming about a 6ft man to marry me and is not realistic

it does but like i said just make the best of the situation

as a 5'4 short asian female, i can assure you that youre not alone when it comes to getting made fun of about height 😒

personally ive just ignored the mean comments from my parents occasionally. i tried to get smth off a shelf that was too high up once and my brother mocked me and offered to 'boost me up' in a nasty way.

honestly the best thing you can do is ignore these types of people. what drives them to continue usually is your reaction.

(i realise im like 3 weeks late posting this but hopefully you see it!!)
Original post by elaina the witch
as a 5'4 short asian female, i can assure you that youre not alone when it comes to getting made fun of about height 😒

personally ive just ignored the mean comments from my parents occasionally. i tried to get smth off a shelf that was too high up once and my brother mocked me and offered to 'boost me up' in a nasty way.

honestly the best thing you can do is ignore these types of people. what drives them to continue usually is your reaction.

(i realise im like 3 weeks late posting this but hopefully you see it!!)

being 5'4 is an average height for most women especially if you are south asian

I wouldn't say you are short

its not as bad as mine , I am just 5'2 at 13

wear heels or chunky trainers? or those insoles to put in ur shoes to make u taller? Also wear clothes that make u look taller and that dont cover ur body eg, don't wear loads of baggy clothes bc ur just gonna look short. Streching might help but idk if that will make a difference at 21.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending