The Student Room Group

I need help

Pls, help me. I had a mental breakdown at the beginning of August, and I had one yesterday. Yesterday's breakdown was one of the worst I've ever had. I feel like I have to get out of where I live, I feel like I just have to run.

I experience hallucinations and severe paranoia very often, and I've had a delusion within the past 2 months, it wasn't severe, but any delusion is bad. I've gone to the GP, but they were no help, mental health services in the UK is a joke. Also, I have extremely violent thoughts that I'm having trouble controlling and I only feel happy when I have these thoughts. Pls, help me.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Pls, help me. I had a mental breakdown at the beginning of August, and I had one yesterday. Yesterday's breakdown was one of the worst I've ever had. I feel like I have to get out of where I live, I feel like I just have to run.

I experience hallucinations and severe paranoia very often, and I've had a delusion within the past 2 months, it wasn't severe, but any delusion is bad. I've gone to the GP, but they were no help, mental health services in the UK is a joke. Also, I have extremely violent thoughts that I'm having trouble controlling and I only feel happy when I have these thoughts. Pls, help me.

Have you only seen 1 dr at your surgery?

You should ask yo see the mental health lead GP, or ask if your drs have a mental health team (its not THE mental health team, but a lot of surgeries now have 1 or 2 train mental health practitioners that work from the drs, and are to ease the pressure off the drs regarding mental health appointments, and they know more than your standard GP) write what your experiencing down, all your thoughts and your paranoia and intrusive thoughts. And either show them or tell tjem.
You often unfortunately especially at the begginning have to advocate for yourself.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

Sorry you are going through this.

Please do have a look here at a resource from Mind on how to deal with intrusive thoughts.

NHS urgent mental health helplines are for people of all ages in England. To find a helpline suitable for you, please visit here:
https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/mental-health/find-an-urgent-mental-health-helpline

You can call for:
24-hour advice and support for you, your child, your parent or someone you care for
help speaking to a mental health professional
an assessment to find the right care for you

Look after yourself,

Best wishes,
TSR Support

Quick Reply

Latest