The Student Room Group

Am I weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackmarshal757
And this is why people with autism are never taken seriously, when we raise an issue we’re always told we’re overreacting because we have autism. You have no idea how difficult it is for those with autism.

I know how hard it is. I still don't think showing kindness is hard. Having autism just means you see the world in a different perspective.
Seeing the OP just dipped and hasn’t come back, I’ve come to the conclusion that this was indeed another of their troll threads.
Why does nobody understand, smh.
Original post by RainbowCloud01
I know how hard it is. I still don't think showing kindness is hard. Having autism just means you see the world in a different perspective.

You don’t actually know how hard it is, stop claiming to.

It means so much more than that, I think you should go and learn about it more before you start schooling me on my own diagnosis and what I have when you don’t actually have it, yet again another reason why it’s not taken seriously enough don’t talk down to me again about my own diagnosis.
Seeing the OP just dipped and hasn’t come back, I’ve come to the conclusion that this was indeed another of their troll threads.

Give over.

You don’t actually know how hard it is, stop claiming to.

I have siblings with autism. Tell me I don't know what it feels like to have autism but I live with people who have autism and I see what they have to go through. Some people take autism seriously while others push it around and see it as a chance to make a joke. Time and time again multiple people have told you the OP is not trying to be offensive. Please understand that:smile:
I have siblings with autism. Tell me I don't know what it feels like to have autism but I live with people who have autism and I see what they have to go through. Some people take autism seriously while others push it around and see it as a chance to make a joke. Time and time again multiple people have told you the OP is not trying to be offensive. Please understand that:smile:

Okay so you have siblings who have autism, you still don’t actually have autism do you? So you don’t know how hard it is for someone actually with autism, just what you’ve observed from your siblings.
The OP is a troll, created a troll thread, at least it exposed how little the majority of you know about autism.

G.I.V.E. O.V.E.R

At least it exposed how argumentative you are
Original post by Anonymous
G.I.V.E. O.V.E.R

At least it exposed how argumentative you are

I’m willing to stand up to the fact that I have autism and want to be taken seriously, nothing wrong with that
Give over.

The OP is clearly mocking autism. Why can't you see that? You don't have autism yourself so you can't speak for anyone with autism. Multiple people with ASD are telling you that the OP is being offensive so I don't see your point here.
(edited 3 years ago)
The OP is a troll, created a troll thread, at least it exposed how little the majority of you know about autism.

It hasn’t exposed that even if OP is a troll which I agree seems to be the case given some of their other posts.
Once a liar, always a liar.
Original post by LuluLove14
I used to do this thing (and still do it now) where when I am excited or nervous I wave my hand really close to my face. Is that normal? Do I have ASD (Autism spectrum disorder)?

I do this and I have autism
No idea what jackmarshal757 was on about (not surprised they're banned, either, with that attitude). This isn't offensive - maybe just a bit misinformed. This isn't just a random weird behaviour like some of these commenters are saying. It's a genuine trait of autism that can be used as evidence towards a diagnosis (obviously not the only piece of evidence - you can't diagnose based on one trait).

Quick Reply

Latest