The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

PhD application Ulster university

Hi,
I applied for a funded PhD in modern history at Ulster university and was told that there would be an interview the deadline was over two weeks ago and the advertised deadline has came and went. I am wondering if I have even been considered for an interview.

Has anybody else underwent the interview at Ulster or are they still waiting?!
Original post by naomi36
Hi,
I applied for a funded PhD in modern history at Ulster university and was told that there would be an interview the deadline was over two weeks ago and the advertised deadline has came and went. I am wondering if I have even been considered for an interview.

Has anybody else underwent the interview at Ulster or are they still waiting?!

If they said their was an interview and it never was organised id email following up
(edited 3 years ago)
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
I

Original post by mnot
If they said their was an interview and it never was organised id email following up

I have done just the not knowing if I even got an interview is killing me
Original post by naomi36
I

I have done just the not knowing if I even got an interview is killing me

Good luck
Hi there, did you ever hear back from them regarding an interview?
Reply 5
Original post by Theodore97
Hi there, did you ever hear back from them regarding an interview?

I had an interview for coleraine on the 23rd of March but I still haven’t heard back. They did tell me the would have a decision within 4 weeks
Reply 6
Original post by ppm13
I had an interview for coleraine on the 23rd of March but I still haven’t heard back. They did tell me the would have a decision within 4 weeks

Hi! Have you heard back? I still haven't!
Reply 7
Original post by lemon13
Hi! Have you heard back? I still haven't!

Hi! yes, the PhD supervisor told me on Monday (informally) I was successful and on Friday I received official confirmation via email. My PhD is in biomed, so it may vary from school to school.
Reply 8
Original post by ppm13
Hi! yes, the PhD supervisor told me on Monday (informally) I was successful and on Friday I received official confirmation via email. My PhD is in biomed, so it may vary from school to school.

Omg congratulations, well done! I hope it all goes well for you. Are you going to accept? I'm like @naomi36 and applied for one of the history competitions but I think they said up to 6 weeks before we hear back :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by lemon13
Omg congratulations, well done! I hope it all goes well for you. Are you going to accept? I'm like @naomi36 and applied for one of the history competitions but I think they said up to 6 weeks before we hear back :frown:

Hi @lemon13

Have you heard any word from the history department at Ulster or a date for when we might find out?
Reply 10
Original post by naomi36
Hi @lemon13

Have you heard any word from the history department at Ulster or a date for when we might find out?

Hi Naomi! They told me 4-6 weeks and this is currently week 5 since my interview :frown: Do you know if we hear back either way?
Reply 11
Original post by lemon13
Hi Naomi! They told me 4-6 weeks and this is currently week 5 since my interview :frown: Do you know if we hear back either way?

Hi,
Yes we'll hear back either way I emailed the doctoral college and they just told me May so... hopefully we'll hear soon!!
Reply 12
Original post by naomi36
Hi,
Yes we'll hear back either way I emailed the doctoral college and they just told me May so... hopefully we'll hear soon!!

Thank you! Hopefully we'll hear this week :frown:
Reply 13
Hi! I know that it has been a while since you wrote this, but I would like to ask you how long did it take from the interview until the supervisor told you were successful?
Original post by Spdarg
Hi! I know that it has been a while since you wrote this, but I would like to ask you how long did it take from the interview until the supervisor told you were successful?

Hello! I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question although if it helps the university website does say that all students will hear back after interview by 9 May. May I ask what you applied for? I've submitted an application to study English Literature, but I still havent heard back whether I've been shortlisted for interview. I did email the university this week and they said they would email me by the end of the week, but I still havent received an email which is making me quite concerned.
Reply 15
Hello! I applied for a PhD scholarship in life sciences. I don't know if this is the same in all disciplines, but they sent me an email inviting me to the interview about a month after submitting the application.
Reply 16
Hi How was the interview and what questions do they ask, if you could please tell me I have my interview tomorrow for the same department.

Quick Reply

Latest