The Student Room Group

Dentistry at UCAM/UCV spain

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by omar200329
Okay cool was that through an email or is it a UCAS type thing

through a email i just send copy of my document
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I spent many many childhood summers in Murcia (the region, not the city). However, my parents have been to the city multiple times and say it’s very beautiful and Cartagena is also nice and has some Roman ruins I believe. You also have the amazing Mar Menor which is where I went, it’s a giant lagoon, it’s essentially the sea but due to it being enclosed the water is actually uncommonly warm a lot of the time and in the summer on a particularly sunny day it genuinely feels like getting into a warm bath, it’s great. You also have the Mar de Cristal nearby which has stunningly clear waters as the name suggests. That being said, most of the towns on the Mar Menor are small and have become somewhat abandoned in recent years due to a major case of sea pollution. I think some of that may have cleared up though. But that aside, you’ve got La Manga which is the eastern strip of the Mar Menor which is much more lively and I think has a lot of bars and clubs and a fairly decent night life.

Other than that I don’t think Murcia has as much to do as say a region like Valencia but don’t take my word for it as I haven’t travelled the region extensively. It’s also worth bearing in mind that within Spain Murcia is famous as being a region of what we call “paletos”. In essence, Murcia is the region of Spain that’s known for having inhabitants who are ignorant and not very intelligent. I think this stereotype is more to do with the small beach towns though and probably not regarding a big city like Murcia. Murcia’s landscape is also pretty arid so probably not as nice in terms of nature as Valencia.

Oh thank you this is really insightful was wondering if there'd be stuff to do or if it was just a quite city, do you know if there are alot of british students in the area and are the people friendly there ?
Original post by Tom$
through a email i just send copy of my document

Ah alright cool thank you
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I’ve only been to the city as a toddler so have no memories of the place but I do think it’s a fairly decent size and will have enough to do when you’re not studying, especially if you like the culture of going to bars, cafés and clubs late in the evening and night. And that culture will be even more amazing during the summers with the amazing heat and long hours of sunlight. Murcia gets very very hot though so beware if you’re someone who doesn’t deal well with heat! Be prepared for it, and unlike other areas of Spain where the heat’s dry, Murcia’s heat is very humid and sticky.

I unfortunately do not know how many British students there are, I’m sure you could find more information on that online. But if I had to guess I don’t imagine there would be that many as I don’t think it’s a very well known place outside of Spain. That said, I’m not sure of the specifics of the degree you’re considering, is it one of those that’s taught entirely or mostly in English? If so then I would expect most of the undergraduates to be native English speakers as I assume Spaniards would take the course in Spanish.

People are for sure friendly, that is especially true of southern Spain and Murcia is essentially in the south. Spaniards in general are quite friendly and most will have no issue helping you out and giving you directions. If you do go it might be worth learning some basic Spanish if you don’t already because even though they’re friendly, Spaniards in general don't speak very good English and southern Spaniards are probably among the worst in the country for that. And if you do go there then maybe watch videos beforehand of the Murcian accent because it sounds quite different to the standard Madrid accent and can be quite difficult to understand if you’ve never been exposed to it before! If you do go I’m sure you’ll have an amazing time!

Oh okay yeah thank you, my course is dentistry taught is english but i will have to deal with patients in 3rd year so i do plan on learning spanish if i go. Thank you for the information
Reply 24
Hey guys I'm a first year at UCV, feel free to ask me anything as I know I had a lot of questions this time last year!
Original post by SL23
Hey guys I'm a first year at UCV, feel free to ask me anything as I know I had a lot of questions this time last year!

Did you apply through future star, why UCV and not the other unis, how have you found your first year settling in and how is the teaching ?

sorry for so many questions lol
Reply 26
Did you apply through future star, why UCV and not the other unis, how have you found your first year settling in and how is the teaching ?

sorry for so many questions lol

If you're coming from the UK then A-Star Future is the only option. I chose UCV due to the location, Valencia is a beautiful city and also has amazing new clinics. First year is challenging but manageable and I feel I've settled in really well. The teaching is also very good in my opinion.
Original post by SL23
If you're coming from the UK then A-Star Future is the only option. I chose UCV due to the location, Valencia is a beautiful city and also has amazing new clinics. First year is challenging but manageable and I feel I've settled in really well. The teaching is also very good in my opinion.

is there no way to apply direct through the uni?

Do the a future star help you after youve applied?
Reply 28
is there no way to apply direct through the uni?

Do the a future star help you after youve applied?

You can't apply direct through the uni, A-Star Future are linked with a company here in Spain called GDC Education who help you with everything you need to get sorted for the first year.
Original post by SL23
You can't apply direct through the uni, A-Star Future are linked with a company here in Spain called GDC Education who help you with everything you need to get sorted for the first year.

Oh right okay thank you
HI guys is there any groupchat for UCAM applicants/offer holders if so please can you PM me
Reply 31
HI guys is there any groupchat for UCAM applicants/offer holders if so please can you PM me

Hey
do you have a offer from them or something
Original post by Tom$
Hey
do you have a offer from them or something

Im in the application process rn are you in a Gc by any chance?
Reply 33
Im in the application process rn are you in a Gc by any chance?

Yeh first year dentistry group UCAM
Original post by Tom$

Hey, I’ve just been accepted to UCAM for this September, would be great to connect with other people in the same position
Reply 35
Original post by SL23

Thanks so much. I am thinking of applying for 2022 entry. What has your first year been like? Do you enjoy it there and are the facilities and course of a high standard? would love to know your experience from your first year.
Original post by SL23

Hi! I’m thinking of applying for 2022 entry. Do you know if they do graduate entry/ module recognition for biomed degrees? Also, are there many British/ Irish students there? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Original post by LeChunk
Thanks so much. I am thinking of applying for 2022 entry. What has your first year been like? Do you enjoy it there and are the facilities and course of a high standard? would love to know your experience from your first year.

Hi! I’m also thinking of applying for 202s entry. I’d love to get in touch to share information on the course and application process. My Instagram is karlgallagher if you would like to send me a message and we can connect there. Thanks!
Original post by Tom$

Hi Tom, how’s the dentistry program at UCAM and what are the facilities like
Original post by Karl Gallagher
Hi! I’m also thinking of applying for 202s entry. I’d love to get in touch to share information on the course and application process. My Instagram is karlgallagher if you would like to send me a message and we can connect there. Thanks!

Hi Karl, I’m thinking of UCAM have you been in contact with any students that are already there as to how the program is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending