The Student Room Group

Studying dentistry in english in Spain at UCV 2022

Hey, I’ve just been accepted into UCV in valencia for studying dentistry in english - can anyone tell me a little more about the course and how they got on??
I also can’t seem to find any info about the holidays, like when we’d get to go home - so if anyone is attending UCV i’d be grateful for a reply :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sofiaqueen2
Hey, I’ve just been accepted into UCV in valencia for studying dentistry in english - can anyone tell me a little more about the course and how they got on??
I also can’t seem to find any info about the holidays, like when we’d get to go home - so if anyone is attending UCV i’d be grateful for a reply :smile:

I don’t know anyone doing dentistry but I do know people doing vet med. They absolutely love it! Valencia is a great town and the uni is very modern with excellent facilities. Holidays are just about the same as in the UK but for the first two years ( at least for vet med) there is no EMS.
One thing I would suggest though is to really try and take advantage of the Spanish lessons. No one will be checking up on you for this, but if you don’t make a big effort it’s very easy to stay with your English speaking cohort and then find your clinical years complicated.
Original post by Euapp
I don’t know anyone doing dentistry but I do know people doing vet med. They absolutely love it! Valencia is a great town and the uni is very modern with excellent facilities. Holidays are just about the same as in the UK but for the first two years ( at least for vet med) there is no EMS.
One thing I would suggest though is to really try and take advantage of the Spanish lessons. No one will be checking up on you for this, but if you don’t make a big effort it’s very easy to stay with your English speaking cohort and then find your clinical years complicated.

heyy, sorry ik this is probably stupid ahaha but what is EMS? Also thank you, yeah :smile: i’ve lived in spain my whole life so i’ve got an advantage there which is great!
Reply 3
heyy, sorry ik this is probably stupid ahaha but what is EMS? Also thank you, yeah :smile: i’ve lived in spain my whole life so i’ve got an advantage there which is great!

Extra Mural Studies ie work experience. I don’t know about dentistry in the UK but vet students have to do farm work etc in the first two years and then clinical work experience in the holidays afterwards. In Valencia this is not the case, at least in the first 2 years.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4

Hi, my daughter is going for a in-person interview at UCV for dentistry this month. She will check out the Uni and Valencia and decide if its definitely something she'll be committed to for 5yrs!
Original post by NK102
Hi, my daughter is going for a in-person interview at UCV for dentistry this month. She will check out the Uni and Valencia and decide if its definitely something she'll be committed to for 5yrs!

Hi, what did she think of it? Thinking of applying here.

Hi just wondering wether you’ve started your course at University Catolica and would be lovely to hear about your experience. Thank you
(Original post by NK102)Hi, my daughter is going for a in-person interview at UCV for dentistry this month. She will check out the Uni and Valencia and decide if its definitely something she'll be committed to for 5yrs!
Hi just wondering, whether your daughter started at UCV. Would be grateful to hear about her experience.
Thank you
Reply 8
Original post by Thexplorer23
(Original post by NK102)Hi, my daughter is going for a in-person interview at UCV for dentistry this month. She will check out the Uni and Valencia and decide if its definitely something she'll be committed to for 5yrs!
Hi just wondering, whether your daughter started at UCV. Would be grateful to hear about her experience.
Thank you

I have friends who have done vet med and physio there and they absolutely loved it.Although not directly relevant for students, it was voted best ex pat destination due to the relatively low cost of living and excellent public services ( health and transport)
https://www.valenciarevealed.com/valencia-best-city-to-live#:~:text=Valencia%20was%20crowned%20best%20city,move%20to%20Valencia%20in%202023.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 9
My son is hoping to study in UCV. Anyone else applying?
Reply 10
Original post by Ratna B
My son is hoping to study in UCV. Anyone else applying?

I am hoping too for September 2024, but have no idea where to start from....
Reply 11
Original post by abdulrhms
I am hoping too for September 2024, but have no idea where to start from....

Hi, we contacted GDC and they do everything for you. It’s quite straightforward.
Reply 12
Original post by Ratna B
Hi, we contacted GDC and they do everything for you. It’s quite straightforward.

could you please send me the link please ?
Reply 13
does anyone know much about the UCV admissions test?
Original post by Anonymous
does anyone know much about the UCV admissions test?

its kind of like the ucat where they have abstract reasoning with all the shapes and stuff (but easier as they give you the rule for some) and there were a few maths questions and the instructions didnt say anything about using pen and paper or a calculator so i just did them mentally. Most of the questions are like what would describe you as a person and they are all multiple choice. I think i had like 2 scenario questions. A few questions on what word fits the sentence. I hope that helps!
Has anyone done their interview for 2024 entry yet?
Original post by ManUtd_21

As yet I have never met someone that has been rejected, apart from those that applied once all the places had been allocated because it really is first come first in the door. But one thing to remember, when being interviewed is that Valencia is a private Catholic Multi cultural university and whilst they don't care about an applicants specific religion, they do want to know that you will fit into the multinational environment and are tolerant of ALL religious beliefs. There is a strong community feeling and they want to know that you will contribute positively to this.
Reply 18
Original post by ManUtd_21

Yes my son did his interview a few weeks ago.
Original post by Anonymous #2
its kind of like the ucat where they have abstract reasoning with all the shapes and stuff (but easier as they give you the rule for some) and there were a few maths questions and the instructions didnt say anything about using pen and paper or a calculator so i just did them mentally. Most of the questions are like what would describe you as a person and they are all multiple choice. I think i had like 2 scenario questions. A few questions on what word fits the sentence. I hope that helps!

Have you done your interview? If so, what was it like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending