The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Diversity at USW??!

I mean if I had a choice I wouldn’t really go to any uni in Wales apart from Swansea or Cardiff but I don’t..
Anyways I was wondering how the diversity is in university of South Wales?
I doubt there is many..
Original post by Anonymous
I mean if I had a choice I wouldn’t really go to any uni in Wales apart from Swansea or Cardiff but I don’t..
I doubt there is many..

do u know how the diversity is at Cardiff uni?
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
do u know how the diversity is at Cardiff uni?

Well I believe it’s more diverse than USW.. since they have an African and Caribbean society (which is what I’m interested in) they also have other societies if you look into it. But in comparison to unis such as Birmingham probably not .
I doubt there is many..

Hi there!

Thanks for your query.

Here at USW we have a a diverse student body across all our campuses.
You can read more about student life at USW as well as hear from current students here;
https://www.southwales.ac.uk/student-life/

We have a wide range of students from all walks of life and all corners of the globe.
You are correct in saying that there isn't currently an African or Caribbean society but that's not to say there can't be.
All societies are set-up by and run by current students, and it's super easy to set one up.

You can find out more about the societies that are currently running, as well as find out more about how to set up your own here;
https://www.uswsu.com/societies

Depending on the course you're looking to study, you could be at one of three of our campuses, each based in different parts of South Wales.
Our creative industries are based in Cardiff its self, right in the city centre. Teaching, Cyber security and Social work are all based in Newport, again, right in the city centre. All other subjects run at our Pontypridd campuses which have a large, friendly, diverse and inclusive student body, just 20 mins train ride from the capital city.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions, and make sure you book on to an online open day at www.southwales.ac.uk/open-days where you'll get a real feel for the campus and your chosen course.

Best of luck with your application!

Ali :smile:
Official USW Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending