The Student Room Group

musical theatre

any musical theatre suggestions e.g. your fav musicals or songs from musicals. also any underrated soundtracks!

I’ll start:
currently loving defying gravity (wicked) and meant to be yours (heathers). my fav musical atm is amelie because a) the music is stunning b) last show I saw before lockdown 😭. underrated musical soundtracks are amelie, mean girls, hunchback of notre dame and I’d say any starkid song lmfaooo.
(edited 2 years ago)
Shrek the musical! If you loved the film and you love musicals it is the best thing ever!! (Also last show I saw before lockdown!)

Legally blonde. Hilarious and an absolute bop from start to finish!

Kinky Boots-it’ll make you laugh, make you cry, make you stand up on your seat and shout Yeah!!! So good!!!

Wicked will always be amazing!
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
Shrek the musical! If you loved the film and you love musicals it is the best thing ever!! (Also last show I saw before lockdown!)

Legally blonde. Hilarious and an absolute bop from start to finish!

Kinky Boots-it’ll make you laugh, make you cry, make you stand up on your seat and shout Yeah!!! So good!!!

Wicked will always be amazing!

all of these are soundtracks I have been wanting to listen to aha! thanks for the suggestions
Original post by saffira
all of these are soundtracks I have been wanting to listen to aha! thanks for the suggestions

Shrek the musical is on Netflix just now if you haven’t seen it. Has Sutton Foster and she is just superb!
Original post by saffira
any musical theatre suggestions e.g. your fav musicals or songs from musicals. also any underrated soundtracks!

I’ll start:
currently loving defying gravity (wicked) and meant to be yours (heathers). my fav musical atm is amelie because a) the music is stunning b) last show I saw before lockdown 😭. underrated musical soundtracks are amelie, mean girls, hunchback of notre dame and I’d say any starkid song lmfaooo.

Hamilton is absolutely amazing! If you have Disney+ they have a recorded version with the original cast. The best songs are the ones sang by King George followed by Alexander Hamilton, My shot/The story of tonight, Righthand man and Who lives, who dies, who tells your story.
Hamilton, Come from Away, Wicked, Kinky Boots
Reply 6
Original post by TinyPizza256
Hamilton is absolutely amazing! If you have Disney+ they have a recorded version with the original cast. The best songs are the ones sang by King George followed by Alexander Hamilton, My shot/The story of tonight, Righthand man and Who lives, who dies, who tells your story.

My hamilton favourites include Yorktown and Guns and Ships. Daveed diggs is absolutely amazing as Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson. 😍 and Lin is an absolute lyrical genius
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by saffira

I’ll start:

make me a woman from mrs doutfires always a good one

Quick Reply

Latest