The Student Room Group

Why do people hate taylor swift?

Just why??????????????

Scroll to see replies

Idk shes such a queen i love her sm and it really pisses me off that people are so rude about her coz shes the nicest person on the planet like why you hating for *****
I have the same question about Nickelback and Ed Sheeran.
Original post by ashtolga23

They're overplayed, same with Taylor Swift. I don't mind Nuckelback, Sheeran's music isn't my thing but I don't see why I'd hate him.
So many people hate on Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran but who really cares. Their numbers and awards speak for themselves and people hate out of jealousy. They tend to just like a certain genre of music and hate any singer who sings a different genre. I appreciate them all equally and listen to Ed and Taylor depending on my mood. Incredibly successful artists who will definitely go down in history.
I agree with Kanye West, Beyonce deserved that VMA
P.S. I don't hate her. I barely take any interest in her. I just remember one song by her which I heard... that caught my ear and suspicion. This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYLxUJ9v6KU

If people actually listen to the lyrics, maybe they understand why. (I often listen to random playlists on YouTube)

I was indifferent to her. Though I don't hate her, I don't like her either very much. The content of that song sets appalling standards for young women.
(edited 2 years ago)
I honestly just don't like her face.
Overrated. Her voice is terrible and it's even worse live.
I genuinely don't know any of her songs. I have seen her face plastered on things and heard her name countless times but I don't know what she even sounds like.
@Qxi.xli people are trashing your favorite artist.
Original post by JAckieee.chan
@Qxi.xli people are trashing your favorite artist.

Not my fav 😭 but tbh her old songs were great.

Original post by GyrosUberAlles
I genuinely don't know any of her songs. I have seen her face plastered on things and heard her name countless times but I don't know what she even sounds like.

You'll probably recognise her songs if you heard then now, her songs are very famous.
Original post by Qxi.xli

You'll probably recognise her songs if you heard then now, her songs are very famous.

Not a fan of her, but that part is correct. Her new songs are baad. All the albums upto '1989' was fine. She started making baad music from ' reputation' album.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Qxi.xli

I'll search on YT for her most popular ones.
I like a few of her songs, but she definitely isn’t the most talented singer. Taylor also seems to blame the men in her life for everything and nothing is ever her fault.
Her music sucks
Reply 17
edgy to not like popular music.
Original post by ashtolga23

i think i remember ed sheeran said the f slur (as an insult in a song?) and, to me at least, his songs feel creepy towards women. can't find the time of day to hate the guy, but i'll make the mean jokes on occasion.
(edited 2 years ago)
one of the criticisms i've heard is that taylor swift was an industry plant (dad signed her first label or smthin, basically the only reason she's popular is cause she knew someone in the music industry to begin with)

Quick Reply

Latest