The Student Room Group

The Official 2024 Training Contract Thread

As with the vacation schemes, the next cycle of training contract applications has now begun!

I imagine this is the year that will see a lot of SQE training contracts becoming available, so it will be interesting to see how different firms approach the introduction of this new pathway to qualification.

A guide to the common abbreviations which may be used in this thread:
PFO - a rejection (literally meaning 'please f**** off':wink:
VS - vacation scheme
TC - training contract
AC - assessment centre
VI - video/voice interview (depending on the firm)
WG - the Watson Glazer test
SJT - situational judgement test

Scroll to see replies

Is there a way to see which law firms are geared towards the SQE path? I’m a law graduate (from Edinburgh, however) intending to sit SQE1 in July 2022.
Original post by euphrosyne
Is there a way to see which law firms are geared towards the SQE path? I’m a law graduate (from Edinburgh, however) intending to sit SQE1 in July 2022.

They should say on their website whether they'll put trainees through the LPC or SQE exams.
Reply 3
Has anyone heard back from Osborne Clarke for TCs in 2024? Thank you 😊
Reply 4
Any had the AC for Freshfields on the 27th? I had mine then wondering if anyone has heard back yet.
Last night I submitted my first TC application (the deadline is 5pm today), which feels really early! A lot of the larger firms have their deadlines in June/July (though of course this is because they recruit for VSes first).
Reply 6
Original post by rp00592
Any had the AC for Freshfields on the 27th? I had mine then wondering if anyone has heard back yet.

Hi Did you manage to get the offer yet? You did it on 27th February right? How long did it take for u to get the reply?
Reply 7
Original post by Nidafzal
Hi Did you manage to get the offer yet? You did it on 27th February right? How long did it take for u to get the reply?

Hey! Yes 27th of Feb - I haven't heard anything back yet. They did say it could take a few weeks to get back to me since they are actively doing interviews. A trainee I spoke to said he heard back 2-3 weeks after his interview so hopefully I hear back next week. When did you do yours?
Reply 8
Original post by rp00592
Hey! Yes 27th of Feb - I haven't heard anything back yet. They did say it could take a few weeks to get back to me since they are actively doing interviews. A trainee I spoke to said he heard back 2-3 weeks after his interview so hopefully I hear back next week. When did you do yours?

Hi I did mine last week. I was expecting it next week. But based on what you have said, its gonna take so long. I am very nervous about it. 27th Feb was a Sunday? Are u sure it was on 27th or was it 28th because it is unlikely they have ACs on weekends. Anyways u applied for a Training contract or Vacation Scheme?
Reply 9
Hi I did mine last week. I was expecting it next week. But based on what you have said, its gonna take so long. I am very nervous about it. 27th Feb was a Sunday? Are u sure it was on 27th or was it 28th because it is unlikely they have ACs on weekends. Anyways u applied for a Training contract or Vacation Scheme?

sorry I took it on the Monday! So that makes it 28th lol. I found it okay defo the most intense one out of all the assessment centres. I applied for TC wbu?
Original post by rp00592
sorry I took it on the Monday! So that makes it 28th lol. I found it okay defo the most intense one out of all the assessment centres. I applied for TC wbu?

Same TC. I think they might aggregate the results and send it today. Let’s be hopeful, I just want this wait to be over. The wait is exhausting. I can imagine how difficult it will be for you to wait from 28th.
Reply 11
Yes the wait has been hard! I think if Im honest I've probably missed out but the experience was good. Lets hope to get something back today!
Reply 12
Have you applied to any other TC's?
Reply 13
I think my first interview and analysis interview went fine Its just so hard to know how they perceive you! I will let you know if and when they call or email - let me know too! Best of luck hope you get it!!
True that. Just hoping for a miracle. Nothing as of now yet. The waiting is a painful game. Any news yet in your end?
Reply 15
Nope still nothing :frown: starting to this we will get nothing this week
Reply 16
A

True that. Just hoping for a miracle. Nothing as of now yet. The waiting is a painful game. Any news yet in your end?

any news yet?
Original post by rp00592
A

any news yet?

Nope nothing. Its painful checking the email every 5 minutes. Haha. How about you? Tommo is Friday, unlikely they send out anything. It will be next Monday most likely. Do you know anyone who got it? And when did they get it? Or any past experiences? Cuz i have always got offers in the next day of AC, it has never taken weeks.
Reply 18
Nope nothing. Its painful checking the email every 5 minutes. Haha. How about you? Tommo is Friday, unlikely they send out anything. It will be next Monday most likely. Do you know anyone who got it? And when did they get it? Or any past experiences? Cuz i have always got offers in the next day of AC, it has never taken weeks.

Yeah same for me I've never waited weeks for a response usually comes back within 3 days lol. I guess its fresh fields so just different I guess. Yeah I would think next week they'd surely have to give some reply back the wait is terrible!
Original post by rp00592
Yeah same for me I've never waited weeks for a response usually comes back within 3 days lol. I guess its fresh fields so just different I guess. Yeah I would think next week they'd surely have to give some reply back the wait is terrible!

Tomorrow marks end of 3 weeks of waiting for you. Now you should certainly get a response. Hopefully the phone rings tommo and holds good news. Good luck and keep me informed if you get a response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending