The Student Room Group

The Official 2024 Training Contract Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nidafzal
Tomorrow marks end of 3 weeks of waiting for you. Now you should certainly get a response. Hopefully the phone rings tommo and holds good news. Good luck and keep me informed if you get a response!

I will do! Honestly been the longest wait :frown:
Original post by rp00592
I will do! Honestly been the longest wait :frown:

Guess its not this week. Haha. Two days of the week has officially passed. Have you contacted them? There is the other thing, their ACs end in September 2022 or something. So not sure if all results are released by then
Reply 22
Guess its not this week. Haha. Two days of the week has officially passed. Have you contacted them? There is the other thing, their ACs end in September 2022 or something. So not sure if all results are released by then

Yes still not heard anything ahah. Ive heard from others that apparently no ones heard back yet and it will probably be like that for a few weeks :frown: Hopefully one of us get an update so we have some news ahah
Original post by rp00592
Yes still not heard anything ahah. Ive heard from others that apparently no ones heard back yet and it will probably be like that for a few weeks :frown: Hopefully one of us get an update so we have some news ahah

Oh okay that’s upsetting. When have the others u spoke to did the interview? Any idea? How long do u think it might take?
Reply 24
Oh okay that’s upsetting. When have the others u spoke to did the interview? Any idea? How long do u think it might take?

Some either a few days after me and some are still on the stage of hearing back from their Watson tests. Seems to be taking a lot of time :frown: No idea how long just think it weeks will pass
Original post by rp00592
Some either a few days after me and some are still on the stage of hearing back from their Watson tests. Seems to be taking a lot of time :frown: No idea how long just think it weeks will pass

Hmm fair enough. Its just too long. I was expecting the next day. Anyways where dod u meet the other people who had done ACs for FF? Any forums or are they just friends?
Reply 26
Hmm fair enough. Its just too long. I was expecting the next day. Anyways where dod u meet the other people who had done ACs for FF? Any forums or are they just friends?

Mainly on Linkdln! Just messaged people on there who where related to it :smile:
Hi! Has anyone heard from Pinsent Masons?
Hi
Does anyone have any tips for Eversheds Sutherland video interview pls?
I m not sure what type of questions to expect
Original post by Initiative01
Hi
Does anyone have any tips for Eversheds Sutherland video interview pls?
I m not sure what type of questions to expect

The graduate recruitment website states:

"Stage 2: A video interview with strengths-based questions exploring situations you have faced or could face in the role, your response to these situations and what energises you about them. The video interview is not ‘live’ and you will record your answers in response to the questions presented. You will not have an opportunity to pause the video or re-record your answers. The video itself will be approximately 10 minutes in length and will ask you strengths-based questions."

Essentially this means situation-based questions which ask you to say how you would respond to the situations (e.g. what skills, abilities you would use) and what you would find energising/motivating about them.

Since the written application questions were also strengths-based, it will be similar to those in style.

Out of interest, when did you get the VI invite? I've also applied to ES but not heard anything yet.
Anyone heard back from Ashfords yet? Had a TC assessment day 2 weeks ago and still got radio silence… not feeling too hopeful.
Original post by Lastditchlegal
Anyone heard back from Ashfords yet? Had a TC assessment day 2 weeks ago and still got radio silence… not feeling too hopeful.

I think some firms do take longer - did they say when they would get back to you?
Original post by CatusStarbright
I think some firms do take longer - did they say when they would get back to you?

Thanks for your response :smile: they said roughly this week or last - I’ve been in contact with their recruitment team so hopefully hear back soon…
Original post by Lastditchlegal
Thanks for your response :smile: they said roughly this week or last - I’ve been in contact with their recruitment team so hopefully hear back soon…

Fingers crossed for you!
Has anyone had insights with Eversheds video interview?
Reply 35
Has anybody heard from Ropes & Gray yet about the 2023 Spring/Summer VSs? Please lmk!
Reply 36
Original post by CatusStarbright
As with the vacation schemes, the next cycle of training contract applications has now begun!

I imagine this is the year that will see a lot of SQE training contracts becoming available, so it will be interesting to see how different firms approach the introduction of this new pathway to qualification.

A guide to the common abbreviations which may be used in this thread:
PFO - a rejection (literally meaning 'please f**** off':wink:
VS - vacation scheme
TC - training contract
AC - assessment centre
VI - video/voice interview (depending on the firm)
WG - the Watson Glazer test
SJT - situational judgement test

are you still on this thread I wanted a bit of advice??
Original post by A1SA23
are you still on this thread I wanted a bit of advice??

What sort of advice would you like? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending