The Student Room Group

Sports and Exercise Medical Sciences

Hi! Wondering if anyone here has applied to SEMS in the UK for 2022 entry via UCAS

And calling out all of the current students to give some insight into the course itself, the doors it has opened for you, and everything I should know!!
Original post by niyati04
Hi! Wondering if anyone here has applied to SEMS in the UK for 2022 entry via UCAS

And calling out all of the current students to give some insight into the course itself, the doors it has opened for you, and everything I should know!!

Hey I am a Y3 student on the UCL SEMS course so feel free to AMA:smile: I'll try my best to answer
Reply 2
Original post by Keeperoflegends
Hey I am a Y3 student on the UCL SEMS course so feel free to AMA:smile: I'll try my best to answer

Hey! Sorry for the delayed reply
It would be lovely to know more about your experience!
How is the course so far?
What is your plan going forward?
What made you choose this course?
Which other unis did you apply to for the course?

Thanks for being open to answering my questions, I'm very excited about this program!
1. You need to be ready to learn a lot of physiology and med sci as these would be the main components. I think it would not suit someone who wants to learn purely sports as we had more of them slightly later down the line. I do like the fact that we are taught by many different professionals so you can get to know more about the jobs and the difference between them, which really helps me find my career pathways.
2. My plan is to go to med, but i know people wanna go into physio, conditioning, sports analysis too
3. I like sports, and I wanted to find out is medicine my thing, and this combines both
4. I applied to Exeter and KCL as well which were the only other unis that offered this programme, that time at least. I chose this at the end as this course offers a stronger foundation of med which would be quite beneficial for me with a clinical career end goal. I was struggling with another course that offers a far more wide range of sports modules, but I made a choice to follow my career dream
Reply 4
1. You need to be ready to learn a lot of physiology and med sci as these would be the main components. I think it would not suit someone who wants to learn purely sports as we had more of them slightly later down the line. I do like the fact that we are taught by many different professionals so you can get to know more about the jobs and the difference between them, which really helps me find my career pathways.
2. My plan is to go to med, but i know people wanna go into physio, conditioning, sports analysis too
3. I like sports, and I wanted to find out is medicine my thing, and this combines both
4. I applied to Exeter and KCL as well which were the only other unis that offered this programme, that time at least. I chose this at the end as this course offers a stronger foundation of med which would be quite beneficial for me with a clinical career end goal. I was struggling with another course that offers a far more wide range of sports modules, but I made a choice to follow my career dream

Thanks for the insight!
Reply 5
Hi @Keeperoflegends! I wanted to check with you on where I can find student statistics for UCL's SEMS course.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
what a levels do u study
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by myalb
what a levels do u study

I do Chemistry, Biology and Psychology
How about you?
Reply 8
I do Chemistry, Biology and Psychology
How about you?

ah damn i wish i did those subjects. i do sport, biology and psychology and an EPQ. whats your top choice uni?
Reply 9
Oh is sport like PE? Physical education was one of my International GCSE subjects. Im hoping to study in London!
Would love to get connected, are you on Instagram?
Reply 10
Oh is sport like PE? Physical education was one of my International GCSE subjects. Im hoping to study in London!
Would love to get connected, are you on Instagram?

I am, what is your instagram?

Thanks for this! Motivated me even more now to confirm this as my #1 choice

Hopefully I get that KCL offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending