The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mandatory vaccination

I believe parliament are having a discussion on it. By mandatory vaccination so assume means following g suit from austria where people will be fined for refusing the medical intervention/vaccine. People wouldn’t be forced to have it as in restrained would they?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No they wouldn't. It's more likely that there would be an increasing number of types of places (e.g. night clubs, cinemas...) that they couldn't visit without proof of vaccination.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I believe parliament are having a discussion on it. By mandatory vaccination so assume means following g suit from austria where people will be fined for refusing the medical intervention/vaccine. People wouldn’t be forced to have it as in restrained would they?

they might, eventually
i mean, in austria, you will be fined like 1000 euro every 3 months, that's probably enough to financially ruin most poor people
pretty crazy. it's not even legal for them to do this ****, idk why is the world staying silent
Original post by Ciel.
it's not even legal for them to do this ****, idk why is the world staying silent

It wasn’t, until the legislature in Austria made it the law, then it became legal.

Tbh I don’t think the UK government will go this far. Boris is really in the *****er atm, so can’t risk a backbench rebellion atm and forced vaccinations would cause riots in whitehall.
Original post by Ciel.
i hope not. because i'm not doing it.
idk if they even realise it but the more pushy the goverment is being, the less most people want to obey them. like part of me doesnt' even care about the vaccine being potentially harmful, i'm starting to get more annoyed about the fact that they are bold enough to try and force me to obey them by restricting my personal freedom. it's insane. it's something nazis would do

Yea except the nazis essentially industrialised death whereas they are industrialising life saving measures, so its kind of the polar opposite.
Reply 5
Original post by mnot
Yea except the nazis essentially industrialised death whereas they are industrialising life saving measures, so its kind of the polar opposite.

wait, people still believe that's what they are trying to do?
Having the vaccine should be mandatory unless you have a genuine health problem that prevents you from having it
Reply 7
Original post by Gillian My Heart
Having the vaccine should be mandatory unless you have a genuine health problem that prevents you from having it

why? vaxxed people still spread covid too.
what about patient autonomy? how else should we control people for their own good, should we like force all fat people to get surgery too? or like neutralise everyone with stds because they might infect others?
Original post by Gillian My Heart

No. My body my choice
Original post by ElegantArtist123
No. My body my choice

Head in hands.
It’s all me me me.
Unvaccinated, you have a higher chance of infecting a vulnerable person and killing them
Reply 10
No, they would not restrain you.

They should tho.
Original post by Ciel.
they might, eventually
i mean, in austria, you will be fined like 1000 euro every 3 months, that's probably enough to financially ruin most poor people
pretty crazy. it's not even legal for them to do this ****, idk why is the world staying silent

Technically speaking, what is lawful in another jurisdiction may not be lawful in another. Up to this day you still have many countries legally punishing the gays (hate this with all my being), the trans, and the other surprising ways some systems could legally let **** slide. Don’t think that the world is completely silent on it though, some are vocal about it but I doubt that Austria’s vaccination mandate is so unreasonable. You might not have to get one if you could prove that you are severely allergic to any of its ingredients/components. And the reason why it still exists today is probably because a huge majority agrees with it. Who knows.
Sajid David ruled it out, said it would be unethical, and I agree.
Reply 13
Original post by ROTL94
Sajid David ruled it out, said it would be unethical, and I agree.

they 'ruled out' another lockdown too but now they keep talking about 'plan c' so....
Original post by Ciel.
they 'ruled out' another lockdown too but now they keep talking about 'plan c' so....

Meh, idk what will happen but what I do know is that I find it disgusting that people are baying for more governmental control and interference in our personal lives and decisions. You want to live in a country where the governement control everything even going so far as to elgally force you to get a vaccine? Cool. Just do it far away from me and other normal people.
I don’t think they will make the vaccine compulsory. They might make ‘covid passports’ compulsory in more places but that includes negative LFTs and natural immunity of 6 months. If you test negative but aren’t vaccinated I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to do things, especially now studies have shown LFTs are more accurate then previously thought.
Ultimately if we have such big protests from lockdowns I don’t see the government ever making the vaccination for everyone who can have it, as they are still prioritising popularity.
Reply 16
Original post by ROTL94
Meh, idk what will happen but what I do know is that I find it disgusting that people are baying for more governmental control and interference in our personal lives and decisions. You want to live in a country where the governement control everything even going so far as to elgally force you to get a vaccine? Cool. Just do it far away from me and other normal people.

i genuinely feel like the goverment + vaxxed people, keep trying to dehumanise me and other unvaxxed people by implying that we are 'killing' other people, or calling us dumb, uneducated, conspiracy theorists and **** knows what else.
Original post by Ciel.
i genuinely feel like the goverment + vaxxed people, keep trying to dehumanise me and other unvaxxed people by implying that we are 'killing' other people, or calling us dumb, uneducated, conspiracy theorists and **** knows what else.

Er….yeah that just about sums it up
Original post by ElegantArtist123
No. My body my choice

Foolish attitude, so you an expert from social media then?
Reply 19
Original post by Greebo85
Er….yeah that just about sums it up

you do realise the vax is still in still basically in the testing phase right? they're not fda approved either. you can't even sue the vax companies if you experience severe adverse effects. so yeah, questioning their effectiveness and risks doesn't make you an anti vaxxer. but blindly following the government's advice makes you look pretty dumb.
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending