The Student Room Group

Are You Up For A Chip Implant?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHallowvale
They are discriminatory, though, because despite the benefit they provide they are still being mandated, surely? Those who dont want to wear one (for whatever reason) are discriminated against because they cant drive a car without using one.

And fair enough, thank you for clarifying!

No that's not discrimination

Really you need to drop this seat belt analogy. It isn't remotely close to the situation with vaccine passports and it's clouding your thinking imo. It's just a distraction.

A mandate for something has to come with sound reasoning behind it. It is that reasoning behind it that determines whether people will be discriminated against.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
No that's not discrimination

Really you need to drop this seat belt analogy. It isn't remotely close to the situation with vaccine passports and it's clouding your thinking imo. It's just a distraction.

A mandate for something has to come with sound reasoning behind it. It is that reasoning behind it that determines whether people will be discriminated against.

I thought the whole idea behind discrimination is that one group of people are treated differently to another, right? Or does discrimination mean something different to you?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SHallowvale
Exactly the same thing can be said about seatbelts, or even drivers licenses in general (which themself are far harder to obtain than a vaccine). Those who dont wear them (or have a drivers license) arent allowed to drive. How is this rule not discriminatory against non-seatbelt wearers / people without a license? You are prohibiting access to public roads, and numerous jobs, by requiring one.

There are numerous other pieces of technology that act as gatewats to services, particularly smart phones and the internet. A vast number of banks and shops act exclusively online and have no in-person branches / shops. This discriminates against the people who either choose not to use smart phones / the internet or have no access to them. Is this discriminatory too? By your own logic, apparently so.

It ultimately comes down to the individual liberty-justice argument and some subjective opinions about whether the discrimination is unjust, rational, lawful, motivated by totalitarian/bigoted sentiments, or the most reasonable option available given the specific circumstances.
And it also comes down to the fact that a seatbelt is not shooting some substance up your veins that may be of precious little use to you, particularly if you're young and/or already had infection.
(edited 2 years ago)
theoretically i'd be up for one cause im a little paranoid. It would also be kinda neat if people who were unresponsive could have allergies/medical conditions/dnr orders that could be quickly accessed rather than searching through a wallet.

in reality they'd probably be super vulnerable to hacking and hard to remove, so anyone who gets chipped as a child would have to go through a lot of trouble to undo that.
I see that there are still those who think about microchipping as a useful strategy in certain cases.

No microchipping in humans
No digital IDs
No left wing biology
No communism
No Social Credit System (Chinese style)
No mandatory vaccinations
No lockdowns

No paranoia and hysteria

For those who believe in the above they are welcome to leave and perhaps start a new life in China.
Original post by Lucifer323
I see that there are still those who think about microchipping as a useful strategy in certain cases.

No digital IDs
No left wing biology
No communism
No lockdowns

No paranoia and hysteria

For those who believe in the above they are welcome to leave and perhaps start a new life in China.

You're not really equating lockdown with microchipping are you? Because they are worlds apart.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
You're not really equating lockdown with microchipping are you? Because they are worlds apart.

No I didn't.
However it's part of the package. I.e compliance, obedience, control...

No digital IDs
No left wing biology
No communism
No lockdowns

No paranoia and hysteria

Just on your point on China from my understanding China only practices the part in bold which isn't even that bad.

Chinese have a unique version of communism that has little to do with what Marx was on about or the sort of stuff being promoted in the West. The CCP promotes stuff like traditional gender roles and Chinese nationalism and culture.

Again most of the China bashing is whataboutism by our establishment designed to distract us from the real perpetrators- our own governments.

China, Iran and Russia are the main opponents of the NWO which is why western government is so desperate to destroy them.
Original post by Starship Trooper
Just on your point on China from my understanding China only practices the part in bold which isn't even that bad.

Chinese have a unique version of communism that has little to do with what Marx was on about or the sort of stuff being promoted in the West. The CCP promotes stuff like traditional gender roles and Chinese nationalism and culture.

Again most of the China bashing is whataboutism by our establishment designed to distract us from the real perpetrators- our own governments.

China, Iran and Russia are the main opponents of the NWO which is why western government is so desperate to destroy them.

Can you explain a little what is meant by the NWO in your view.
Can you explain a little what is meant by the NWO in your view.

Simply put the NWO is basically the clique of powerful interests working towards a common agenda , namely the establishment of a one world government ruled by themselves through a complex variety of means.

Why are they doing this? Well obviously for power but also to limit the amount of resources humanity is using up. I think they want to massively depopulate Humanity and try and make themselves immortal through things like transhumanism.

Note on definitions. Spin.

Obviously these things will not be marketed as such. For instance it's not world government it's "international human rights" which means that if any government breaches these "rights" can be destroyed by global government forces. (Of course these "rights" don't apply to people they don't like eg Julian Assange)
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
in reality they'd probably be super vulnerable to hacking and hard to remove, so anyone who gets chipped as a child would have to go through a lot of trouble to undo that.

I can't agree I'm afraid with the part about being hard to remove.

If a thief today wants to take your wallet and ID from you they mug you at knife point and most people just give up their wallets willingly rather than get stabbed.

In the new world your ID will be on that little chip implanted just under your skin in your arm or hand. What then do you think identify thieves will do to get it? They will imo take their knives and simply slice your arm or hand to pull it out leaving you possibly disabled or scarred for life or even killing you through loss of blood or from infection from a dirty knife.

People really need to think these things through. The implications of inserting things inside your body are actually quite horrific in some cases imo.
(edited 2 years ago)
It's why I refuse to make use of biometric identification, in spite of banks etc. harassing me to do it every time I call up. Passwords have served me just fine.
I can't agree I'm afraid with the part about being hard to remove.

If a thief today wants to take your wallet and ID from you they mug you at knife point and most people just give up their wallets willingly rather than get stabbed.

In the new world your ID will be on that little chip implanted just under your skin in your arm or hand. What then do you think identify thieves will do to get it? They will imo take their knives and simply slice your arm or hand to pull it out leaving you possibly disabled or scarred for life or even killing you through loss of blood or from infection from a dirty knife.

People really need to think these things through. The implications of inserting things inside your body are actually quite horrific in some cases imo.

personally, if it's just under your skin i'd rather get a chip cut out of me rather than a broken nose yk? not a great choice to make either way. there's going to be ways to access information on that chip legally. it'd be much easier to walk around with a scanner in a busy street and brush by people like a pickpocket and steal their information. (all of this is hypothetical though)

the part i said about hard to remove I meant hard to remove safely, if someone no longer wanted their chip. If you are chipped at birth or w/ever, your body is going to grow around the chip in somewhat unpredictable ways and make it very hard to remove safely.
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
the part i said about hard to remove I meant hard to remove safely, if someone no longer wanted their chip. If you are chipped at birth or w/ever, your body is going to grow around the chip in somewhat unpredictable ways and make it very hard to remove safely.

According to the various manufaturer's websites it's an easy and safe process for THEM to remove the chip if you ever want it out. That however would be a world away from a thug wanting your chip quickly so he can get away asap. You could get an artery nicked or as I said before get a bad infection from a dirty knife or indeed if the same knife had been used to remove other people's chips you could get contaminated with any blood disease they had.
(edited 2 years ago)
According to the various manufaturer's websites it's an easy and safe process for THEM to remove the chip if you ever want it out. That however would be a world away from a thug wanting your chip quickly so he can get away asap. You could get an artery nicked or as I said before get a bad infection from a dirty knife or indeed if the same knife had been used to remove other people's chips you caould get contaminated with any blood disease they had.

Surely for this reason it would actually be safer to use chips than cards?

It's far easier to steal someone's card than to chop off their finger. It's also far easier to commit fraud with someone's card than it is to commit fraud with someone's finger. It's not exactly ideal carrying around someone's finger, let alone using it.
That logic doesn't really follow because in the chipped world there won't be a choice of stealing cards or chips, everyone will be chipped.

Any notion that ID theft and related crime will disappear in that world is imo just naive folly. There will be no other option to thieves than to steal your chip. With it they would be able to assume your ID, your medical status and have access to all the services you had access to.

If we end up with a Communist social credit system akin to that in China then there will be people who are penalised and punished by the state who can;t say even buy a bus or train ticket because they did something bad and had their credit score docked. Such people might resort to ID chip theft to survive in the world.
According to the various manufaturer's websites it's an easy and safe process for THEM to remove the chip if you ever want it out. That however would be a world away from a thug wanting your chip quickly so he can get away asap. You could get an artery nicked or as I said before get a bad infection from a dirty knife or indeed if the same knife had been used to remove other people's chips you could get contaminated with any blood disease they had.

good to know :smile:. again, the chips would be meant to be accessed in certain ways, and it would be easier to replicate that illegally than to assault someone
Reply 98
That logic doesn't really follow because in the chipped world there won't be a choice of stealing cards or chips, everyone will be chipped.

Any notion that ID theft and related crime will disappear in that world is imo just naive folly. There will be no other option to thieves than to steal your chip. With it they would be able to assume your ID, your medical status and have access to all the services you had access to.

If we end up with a Communist social credit system akin to that in China then there will be people who are penalised and punished by the state who can;t say even buy a bus or train ticket because they did something bad and had their credit score docked. Such people might resort to ID chip theft to survive in the world.

Nah. A chip is just another method of identification. For example, back in the day everyone just used cash which was easy to steal and was not traceable.

Then cheques came in but these could be forged. Therefore they bought the cheque guarentee cards.
These cards also doubled as cash cards but could easily be skimmed so they introduced chip and pin.
Sadly this is prone to simple man-in-the-middle attacks and the introduction of near-field technology bypasses such security measures anyway.
The current trend is mobile payments but of course mobiles are easy to steal and most security measures can still be circumvented. Chances are the phone is worth more than a resultant fraud.
Wearing a chip will simply add a level of convenience but will not necessarily improve security but not because a mugger will hack it out of you. Why take the risk of GBH when you can just skim it or clone it?

But either way, such debate is pointless. At each step of the way fraud is always against the bank and not the individual unless the bank can prove the individual was complicit.

If you are in fraud for money there far easier scams to be had than targeting small fry individuals for £50 a time.

Obviously the microchipping is for control in the long term.

The package we discussed a few days ago. Control, obedience, compliance.

Thanks, but no thanks!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending