Have you submitted to a Journal before?

Not to a top peer-reviewed Journal yet.
Reply 41
Original post by StarLinyx

do you mind giving a link or something?
Reply 42
Original post by coco:)
why's that, because they earn more? The main goals of doctors around the world is the same

Much better pay, better funded hospitals.

What have you submitted?
Also the healthcare system in the UK is completely different from the USA. They're built on totally different principles.
Much better pay, better funded hospitals.

And why is that? Have you thought about that? :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by realtimme
Well I certainly hope no one’s in this to stay as a trust grade doctor their whole career

There is no guarantee one will get to the level of consultant. The exams are very hard, and only the best will make it in some specialities.
Reply 46
Original post by KA_P
And why is that? Have you thought about that? :smile:

Of course.
Reply 47
do you mind giving a link or something?

That would mean giving my identity away. Not wise on TSR, or any public forum.
Reply 48
There is no guarantee one will get to the level of consultant. The exams are very hard, and only the best will make it in some specialities.

Hence the hard process in getting a place in medical school. Usually, only the best will make it :rolleyes:
Reply 49
Hence the hard process in getting a place in medical school. Usually, only the best will make it :rolleyes:

The most popular specialities are oversubscribed.
Of course.

So why do think?
That would mean giving my identity away. Not wise on TSR, or any public forum.

Good idea to listen to black tea :smile:

There’s obviously no literal ‘guarantee’ such as nothing is guaranteed in life - but medical training is a non-zero sum game I.e everyone wins by progressing a doctor through training. If a doctor doesn’t get into the specialty they want they either apply again the following year or apply into a different specialty - I think I’ve seen GP contracts (one of the least competitive specialties) at 190k per year on NHS jobs but I’ll have to look that up to confirm

Self-motivation helps them persevere.

And? Doctors aren't exactly going to be jobless even if they don't get into the specialty they want
“Medicine is overrated in the UK”

How about for the other countries that are not the UK, US, Europe, or East Asia? Doubt that doctors in Mongolia are paid as much, but doctors are still doctors and they are still required anywhere,

The fact that you are actively replying to people on this thread, makes it more interesting I’d say.
Reply 56
Original post by realtimme
There’s obviously no literal ‘guarantee’ such as nothing is guaranteed in life - but medical training is a non-zero sum game I.e everyone wins by progressing a doctor through training. If a doctor doesn’t get into the specialty they want they either apply again the following year or apply into a different specialty - I think I’ve seen GP contracts (one of the least competitive specialties) at 190k per year on NHS jobs but I’ll have to look that up to confirm

GP is no easy path either. But the pay scale for a GP is £62,269 - £93,965, depending on experience, qualifications and level of responsibility.
Reply 57
Honestly, do whatever you want but don't bring down the careers (in Medicine or wherever) of others - they're all important and there for a reason.
Reply 58
GP is no easy path either. But the pay scale for a GP is £62,269 - £93,965, depending on experience, qualifications and level of responsibility.

so what path are you planning on going on?
Reply 59
Honestly, do whatever you want but don't bring down the careers (in Medicine or wherever) of others - they're all important and there for a reason.

Certainly not bringing it down.

Latest

Trending

Trending