The Student Room Group

Unit 14 IT Service Delivery Jan 2023 Exam Discussion

I thought I'd create a separate discussion forum for any students sitting the current Unit 14 exam for BTEC IT. How are you feeling this morning? My exam approximately starts in 23 minutes and I slipped on the ice and fell today, so my brain has switched off from any critical thinking - good luck to all of us!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kanarii
I thought I'd create a separate discussion forum for any students sitting the current Unit 14 exam for BTEC IT. How are you feeling this morning? My exam approximately starts in 23 minutes and I slipped on the ice and fell today, so my brain has switched off from any critical thinking - good luck to all of us!

Sorry about you slip that is the last thing you needed lol

How did the exam go? Any tips ?
Original post by Kanarii

Oh man that's not the best start to the day :lol:

How did it go today? How are you feeling?
Original post by Kanarii

oh gosh hope you're ok! How did it go for you. Today was my second day for Unit 14, and I've basically finished all the activities tbh, just need to finish a bit from activity 4 and I'm done. I still need to think of alternative solutions for Server, Switch, Monitor, CCTV, Social media, Router, Firewall and antivirus, just gotta research a bit more. How I'm gonna remember all of that for tomorrow is beyond me tho. I think I did way better in this unit than unit 11 only because my notes were a bit detailed (apart from activity 4 ig)
Reply 4
Original post by Leonegus
Sorry about you slip that is the last thing you needed lol

How did the exam go? Any tips ?

Slip left me a bit delirious won't lie but after getting in the exam room, I zoned in and basically couldn't look away from my screen for the entire duration of it.

Followed my tutor's advice and dedicated this to activity 3, which I've completed to my best abilities. Did an ERD, network diagram and have detailed notes for the pair. Tomorrow is for activity 1&2, then the others 3&4 of course. I suggest planning your time carefully and get some good notes in, there are things that I couldn't commit to memory because it was scenario specific but thanks to my notes, I added them into the paper. Remember, if you find something you want to add, just include it in all of your activities and that research you do outside of the exams could be a few extra marks!
Reply 5
Original post by Evil Homer
Oh man that's not the best start to the day :lol:

How did it go today? How are you feeling?

Went pretty well, refer to my previous message for the full details but for a day I have an exam, I need to stop slipping (did it during my Unit 11 exam on Friday too, I just think I'm cursed).

This scenario is a cakewalk compared to some of the other mock paper scenarios I've seen, especially Buxton Construction.
Reply 6
Original post by Samii.A
oh gosh hope you're ok! How did it go for you. Today was my second day for Unit 14, and I've basically finished all the activities tbh, just need to finish a bit from activity 4 and I'm done. I still need to think of alternative solutions for Server, Switch, Monitor, CCTV, Social media, Router, Firewall and antivirus, just gotta research a bit more. How I'm gonna remember all of that for tomorrow is beyond me tho. I think I did way better in this unit than unit 11 only because my notes were a bit detailed (apart from activity 4 ig)

I've got a mock schedule in mind for how I'm approaching each activity to spend my time on. Tomorrow is for my activity 1&2, however I feel they may consume most of my exam time as it tended to during mock exams. You sound pretty confident and that's the way to be with exams, hopefully you get the grades you want! I'm doing research and revising on the morning before I go into the exam so it's easier to memorise 😁
Original post by Kanarii
Slip left me a bit delirious won't lie but after getting in the exam room, I zoned in and basically couldn't look away from my screen for the entire duration of it.

Followed my tutor's advice and dedicated this to activity 3, which I've completed to my best abilities. Did an ERD, network diagram and have detailed notes for the pair. Tomorrow is for activity 1&2, then the others 3&4 of course. I suggest planning your time carefully and get some good notes in, there are things that I couldn't commit to memory because it was scenario specific but thanks to my notes, I added them into the paper. Remember, if you find something you want to add, just include it in all of your activities and that research you do outside of the exams could be a few extra marks!

how long was your session today? good luck for the rest of it! I just finished cyber security part B today and have ITSD on the coming monday and tuesday :smile:
Original post by BailyEast1
how long was your session today? good luck for the rest of it! I just finished cyber security part B today and have ITSD on the coming monday and

Original post by Kanarii

Hope your exams went well!, Mine are Monday and Tuesday. Super nervous cant lie! I think ill be fine tho. I just need to practice my diagram more and ERD cz its the most important activity.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Kanarii

Thanks for the tips I appreciate the help

What was the full task scenario for paper B?
Reply 10
Original post by AvaMyles
Hope your exams went well!, Mine are Monday and Tuesday. Super nervous cant lie! I think ill be fine tho. I just need to practice my diagram more and ERD cz its the most important activity.

Hope it went well yesterday! I used it to finish off my activity 2 and begin activity 4. Nearly completed act4 but fell short of a few categories that I need to include. I am sure you'll be fine :smile: but good luck today anyways!
Reply 11
Original post by Leonegus
Thanks for the tips I appreciate the help

What was the full task scenario for paper B?

Part B didn't really change much from Part A, it gave some more information about what the roles are, what tasks are carried out by each role and how many staff are in each role. I can't remember the exact numbers but it's not as relevant information unless you're looking at the exam paper anyways. The premises/dental practice's network is revealed for activity 3 - to do your ERD and network diagram.
Reply 12
Hi all, feel free to share your results here as there is no new discussion up yet, I achieved a Distinction in this unit! Pretty chuffed with myself as I was only aiming for a Merit and would've been happy with a pass. How is everyone else's grades and what do you feel about them?
Original post by Kanarii
Hi all, feel free to share your results here as there is no new discussion up yet, I achieved a Distinction in this unit! Pretty chuffed with myself as I was only aiming for a Merit and would've been happy with a pass. How is everyone else's grades and what do you feel about them?

Hey congrats on getting a distinction! I haven't gotten my grades yet for some reason but I'm hoping to get a distinction as well. Did you do unit 11?
Reply 14
Original post by Samii.A
Hey congrats on getting a distinction! I haven't gotten my grades yet for some reason but I'm hoping to get a distinction as well. Did you do unit 11?

I did Unit 11 and achieved a Distinction on that exam too, I have another post up for that unit which is separate to this one.
Original post by Kanarii
I did Unit 11 and achieved a Distinction on that exam too, I have another post up for that unit which is separate to this one.

Congratulation on the Distinction Kanarii I got a Distinction on this unit as well and a P on the other one I hope to retake that one next month.
Original post by TechnicalBhaiOP
Congratulation on the Distinction Kanarii I got a Distinction on this unit as well and a P on the other one I hope to retake that one next month.

quick q, is your school telling you you have to pay to resit your units?
Original post by Samii.A
quick q, is your school telling you you have to pay to resit your units?

No, they will pay for my resits for the units.
Original post by TechnicalBhaiOP
No, they will pay for my resits for the units.

Mine is telling me I have to pay 38.70 per unit and I still haven't gotten my results yet. Idek why I picked this school
Reply 19
Original post by Kanarii

could you give me tips im doing part a right now and part b after the holidays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending