The Student Room Group

Unit 11 Cybersecurity Scenario?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Armaan247
When is your unit 11 exam? The scenario is based on a hotel. I have already done activity 1 it's so easy you can identify all the threats mentioned which is really good. The threats I've mentioned u can use in any given scenario especially this one

1) misconfigured firewall
2) attack via WiFi
3) attack via client information
4) attack via remote access
5) weak encryption via VPN
6) Misconfigured SSID
7) misconfigured access rights
8) misconfigured back up systems
9) attack via servers
10) misconfigured main switches
11) Network access by mobile devices
12) attack via breaking and entering
13) leaked staff information
14) sabtotage

How was it?
(edited 2 years ago)
I have a activity 5 sample answer if you like if you send me your email Ill send it. So the way I understand it is activity 5 basically you look at the mistakes that were made make a list and for each mistake you make improvements for each one.

I do please
Original post by Deguzzy_YT
How was it?

It wasnt too bad actually activity 1 was my favourite lol so much threats you can identify.. I did around 16 threats activity 2 6 protection measures activity 3 a little worried about. Activity 4 I have tomorrow and 5 on Friday. Have you done your exam yet?
I have a activity 5 sample answer if you like if you send me your email Ill send it. So the way I understand it is activity 5 basically you look at the mistakes that were made make a list and for each mistake you make improvements for each one.

What is the things we can talk about for activity 5?
Original post by igobycapalot
What is the things we can talk about for activity 5?

Im not too sure as I haven't done activity 5 yet. But what I understand is you read all off part B focus on the mistakes that were made. The second part is the improvements for those mistakes. And the last evidence which is the security documentation you add security documents for the documentation and what you can do to improve the organisation
Im not too sure as I haven't done activity 5 yet. But what I understand is you read all off part B focus on the mistakes that were made. The second part is the improvements for those mistakes. And the last evidence which is the security documentation you add security documents for the documentation and what you can do to improve the organisation

I completed activity 4 today what did you pick up on when was on activity 4 and any threats in particular which stood out. Also what evidence did you pick?
Original post by AJC1123
I completed activity 4 today what did you pick up on when was on activity 4 and any threats in particular which stood out. Also what evidence did you pick?

So for activity 4 I just re wrote the evidence items from 1-5 basically whatever was on there I mentioned every single bit I didnt write about any threats. Evidences 1-5 I picked and activity 5 thats where you will need evidence item 6 which is the security documentation.
Reply 47
Hello guys has anyone sat the cyber security exam yet? if you have what is the scenario based on so I can prepare?

If anyones doing the cyber security exam resit its on stuvia you can buy it
Original post by omar_f
If anyones doing the cyber security exam resit its on stuvia you can buy it

Thank you for the update. Is this for the May resits?

Is it true its based on a park attraction the scneario?

I am definitley going to resit I got 35 marks needed 42 for a merit omg so annoyed lol

Do you know the grade boundary by any chance for the May exams?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Deguzzy_YT
How was it?

Hi there I apologise for the late response.

The exam went alright the scenario was short for part A the activities were good.

What grade did you get?. I got 35 marks 7 points of a merit
Original post by username5903017

Hi there I apologise for the late response.

For activity 4 all I did was read all the evidence items for only evideces 1-5 and basically re write everything. For evidence detail basically the evidence was there and I just re worded everything again for reliability I said if you an trust the event that is happening then you give a overall conclusion
Reply 51
Anybody got any help/tips for Unit 11, I am doing it in January

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending