The Student Room Group
University College Birmingham
Birmingham

Hi, I’m planning on going to UCB this year. It’s a small uni so am just wanting to get some people talking that also plan on going :smile: What course? Have you got an offer yet? Are you staying in the Malting’s? Hopefully I get some replies lol
Hiya, I'm going there staring september :smile: I've got an unconditional offer to study bakery and patisserie technology - finished my a-levels last year and currently on a gap year. Not sure yet where I'm going to live as I've heard very mixed reviews on the Maltings
Birmingham
Original post by rosiees17
Hiya, I'm going there staring september :smile: I've got an unconditional offer to study bakery and patisserie technology - finished my a-levels last year and currently on a gap year. Not sure yet where I'm going to live as I've heard very mixed reviews on the Maltings

Aw I wasn’t expecting a reply so yay! I’ve got a conditional offer for Physiotherapy. I’m retaking a-levels so I’m 19 as I was doing physics and that was just awfully difficult and didn’t need it for physio anyway, so am doing biology PE and psychology :smile: Where would you live if not? I know lots of people around Birmingham as i live quite close but Maltings would be good I think to make lots of mates that go to the same uni as you, especially with freshers etc. What mixed reviews have you heard, as I’ve overall seen it is okay and it’s very cheap
Original post by examsaregross
Aw I wasn’t expecting a reply so yay! I’ve got a conditional offer for Physiotherapy. I’m retaking a-levels so I’m 19 as I was doing physics and that was just awfully difficult and didn’t need it for physio anyway, so am doing biology PE and psychology :smile: Where would you live if not? I know lots of people around Birmingham as i live quite close but Maltings would be good I think to make lots of mates that go to the same uni as you, especially with freshers etc. What mixed reviews have you heard, as I’ve overall seen it is okay and it’s very cheap

I'm 19 too so that's reassuring cause I was worried I may be a year older than literally everyone else there. Good luck with retaking your a-levels, I hope that's going well. I thought the same thing, as everyone who lives there goes to UCB, but some of the google reviews and student crowd reviews are bad, likening it to a prison. I still might go there as some people say it's okay, and you are right that it's cheap, just trying to see what other options there are - canalside looks ok but also has mixed reviews. A lot of the accommodation is kind of expensive around birmingham
I'm 19 too so that's reassuring cause I was worried I may be a year older than literally everyone else there. Good luck with retaking your a-levels, I hope that's going well. I thought the same thing, as everyone who lives there goes to UCB, but some of the google reviews and student crowd reviews are bad, likening it to a prison. I still might go there as some people say it's okay, and you are right that it's cheap, just trying to see what other options there are - canalside looks ok but also has mixed reviews. A lot of the accommodation is kind of expensive around birmingham

i didn’t even look into other accommodation than the unis own wtf was i thinking lol, canalside will definitely be one of my choices due to the proximity, i just had to do a quick check haha. i haven’t read up much so do you know the amount of people in each flat there?

FYI, because of you i’ve just impulsively put a deposit down on a room in canalside hahaha, thanks for telling me about it lol looks perfect for me :smile:
Original post by examsaregross
FYI, because of you i’ve just impulsively put a deposit down on a room in canalside hahaha, thanks for telling me about it lol looks perfect for me :smile:

nice!! I think it's always good to research options, I'm still weighing mine up, the Maltings and Canalside are both on my list. Do you know of anyone else going to UCB?
nice!! I think it's always good to research options, I'm still weighing mine up, the Maltings and Canalside are both on my list. Do you know of anyone else going to UCB?

lol i literally know no one, that’s why i put a thread up on here to know if any one’s going haha, I know people from other unis around birmimgham though. Which accom do you think you’ll most likely choose then?
(edited 2 years ago)
(edited 2 years ago)
---
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey guys, I’m studying sports science. I know ucb is a smaller than other unis, I’m worried about the student life as it is a small uni :smile:
Hiii, that’s why I’m worried too lol. Especially cause only a few of my mates are planning on going to unis in Brum. I’ve applied for physio at UCB which is very full on so won’t be able to go out as much as others but still want to be able to go out sometimes hahaha. I’ve got a deposit at accommodation at canalside right now
(edited 2 years ago)
Omg thanks for getting back to me, yeah I’m super worried about it. And the malting acc doesn’t look the nicest. Are you going to the open day in March ? X
Original post by Skye.bxxx
Omg thanks for getting back to me, yeah I’m super worried about it. And the malting acc doesn’t look the nicest. Are you going to the open day in March ? X

I’ve already been and had my interview, got a conditional offer. It’s a nice place tbh inside looks good and stuff. There’s an applicant day I might go to but idk if I can be arsed to drive haha. Maybe get accommodation at canalside? I’ve put a deposit down on a flat with a 2nd year girl, a 1st year girl, and 3 first year lads including me (except I’m 19 so technically could’ve put 2nd year to show I’m 19 lol) x
Reply 15
Original post by username5594058
i didn’t even look into other accommodation than the unis own wtf was i thinking lol, canalside will definitely be one of my choices due to the proximity, i just had to do a quick check haha. i haven’t read up much so do you know the amount of people in each flat there?

hey do you have any advice for me, im hopefully going for physio there this september. any advice on accommodation or anything, ill be moving up from london if i get in
Original post by danhas20
hey do you have any advice for me, im hopefully going for physio there this september. any advice on accommodation or anything, ill be moving up from london if i get in

Hi if you dont mind me asking do you know anythung about physiotherapy at UCB. I have read into the course and both the degree and degree apprenticeship for physiotherapy have interested me but i am unsure
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi if you dont mind me asking do you know anythung about physiotherapy at UCB. I have read into the course and both the degree and degree apprenticeship for physiotherapy have interested me but i am unsure

Hello danhas20,

Thank you for your message.

Based of the facilities, the physiotherapy study at UCB offered exceptional learning opportunities. Prior to entering job market, students can study and develop new skills through the practical courses, which are extremely helpful. Have a look more on our website https://www.ucb.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate/physiotherapy-bsc-hons/.

About accommodation, we guarantee "The Maltings"- UCB Accommodation for your first year. See more information here https://www.ucb.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/ and https://www.ucb.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation-faqs/.

Sofia
UCB Student Rep.
Original post by Anonymous #1
been here 6 months its very good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending