The Student Room Group

Help :(

Help I've just gotten my data drop for a levels (year 12) and i have got BBC i'm so depressed. I've worked so hard
Original post by Anonymous
Help I've just gotten my data drop for a levels (year 12) and i have got BBC i'm so depressed. I've worked so hard

hey, what exactly is a data drop? also, dont worry, im also in year 12 and just remember that you still have time to improve, dont let these grades put you down. its okay to feel sad, just make sure to keep your head up and use it as motivation to improve. you can definitely do this trust me :smile:
Reply 2

Don't feel too down about these grades, everyone has missed so much content at GCSEs and the jump from GCSEs to a level has been really difficult so its ok if your grades aren't looking how you'd hope they would, you still have time to improve! I was sitting on an E in Biology in December and now i've secured an A! I believe in you just work out where you went wrong and make sure you close the gaps in your knowledge through e.g. exam questions, you got this! You will do great!!!
If it's any consolation, I've been through this.
In yr 12 , I absolutely sucked, not even near a B. I was really down at the time but I overlooked that there was always time to improve. Always time to look at what went wrong, work to bring up my flaws.
When time goes on, with more work, the more familiar you become with the content etc... You'll defo improve by the final exams. I was able to get As in the end.
I know it's difficult to hear 'keep working harder', but it really just comes down to that. Don't give up :smile:

But the reality of my sixth form is they only care about our attendence and our grade but they don't care about health and wellbeing. i am in year 12 doing a BTEC course and our class get compared to year 13 class because it is a competition who gets the better grades.
Also with coursework if you don't do your coursework up to a distinction criteria the mean teachers would cap you at a pass (lowest grade) because its less marking for the teachers. if you get capped on your coursework you cannot get more than that grade on that unit.
With exams if you fail you have the opportunity to resit but nobody want to resit because you have to do coursework on top of that.
So my escape from school is either bunking lessons or not coming to school.

How do you think youve done for A levels?

Quick Reply

Latest