The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Maths Paper 3: Statistics & Mechanics 9MA0 03 - 21 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Do you guys think they're gonna include laminas in the paper? I haven't seen then in any of the past papers so I'm nervous they're going to come up in this exam, since they're the part of mechanics I'm worst at
my pure papers are fine but this paper SCARES me
Original post by turkeytown4
Do you guys think they're gonna include laminas in the paper? I haven't seen then in any of the past papers so I'm nervous they're going to come up in this exam, since they're the part of mechanics I'm worst at

What's that 💀
Square-Lamina-2.png

Original post by itslitbro
What's that 💀

Square-Lamina-2.png stuff like this
It's in my edexcel textbook but I've seen no questions on them in past papers :0
Kind of confused
Square-Lamina-2.png

It's in my edexcel textbook but I've seen no questions on them in past papers :0
Kind of confused

i have no idea what textbook you've got because i've never even heard of that omg i hope it doesn't come up
Original post by cloudniineee
my pure papers are fine but this paper SCARES me

SAME that's why i'm so glad pure is two thirds of the grade ahahha
Original post by dreweloise
i have no idea what textbook you've got because i've never even heard of that omg i hope it doesn't come up

I've seen a few people on other threads say they don't know what laminas are either, I think my textbook must be old :,,,) Quite relieved though cause those things are evil
Square-Lamina-2.png

Kind of confused

pretty sure that's the international exam for edexcel
Original post by orion reid
pretty sure that's the international exam for edexcel

ahh that explains it :smile:
Original post by Shambhavi.mohare
how much of large data set do we actually need to know? also, this paper is going to be the end of me:frown:

Original post by orion reid
i literally need a document that actually explains the large data set in detail because everytime, i think i understand it. a curveball is thrown.

they never seem to be worth that many marks but of course it can be the difference between a whole grade lmao. savemyexams and bicen both have good summaries!!
this paper will absolutely finish me
Original post by xox_saher
they never seem to be worth that many marks but of course it can be the difference between a whole grade lmao. savemyexams and bicen both have good summaries!!

hasn't the large data set been removed this year? I'm sure my teacher told me that
Honestly i think advanced info will be pretty accurate. There’s usually 5 or 6 questions on stats section and mechanics. There will probs be one random topic not on the advanced info coming up. For each section of stats and mechanics.

Spoiler

Original post by othello03
hasn't the large data set been removed this year? I'm sure my teacher told me that

really?! I have no idea haha - either way im still going to go through it j in case
I don’t think that’s true
after the way these past two pure papers have been , i just know this will be bad cause i usually find it hard
Original post by joylit_36
after the way these past two pure papers have been , i just know this will be bad cause i usually find it hard

I wouldnt be as worried if I had some time to revise, I just don't know where I can possible fit it in 😔
Original post by 2022 g
Kudos to you for finding it interesting. I just find it so tedious to revise. Its just so draining and awful lmao. Its soo dead imo, but yeh.

nah ur right. its the *****est bit.
In October 1987 there was a storm. That is all I know about the large dataset.

Oh I also know that Perth is in Austria. And something about foggy conditions? And windspeed is measured in knots. And something else is measured in Oktas. And some of the data is missing or like a trace amount and then they write TR.

This is just such a waste of time!
Australia!!!! Not Austria. I am really not good at the large dataset.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending