The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Maths Paper 3: Statistics & Mechanics 9MA0 03 - 21 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Scroll to see replies

is the binomial expansion on the advance info? it's not mentioned explicitly whilst normal distribution is, but im worried it may be included in other bullet points
Original post by backstreetboyz
is the binomial expansion on the advance info? it's not mentioned explicitly whilst normal distribution is, but im worried it may be included in other bullet points

Nothing was taken out of the spec for stats and mech
Original post by backstreetboyz

Binomial expansion? Do you mean binomial distribution, I thought that was pure?
Original post by Username123455

I assumed they meant distribution given the context and the mention of normal distribution 😊
(edited 1 year ago)
the most neglected paper
god help us
Original post by webegg
the most neglected paper
god help us

LITERALLY im acc finished

i do, sorry
I genuinely think everything is on it
Original post by othello03
I genuinely think everything is on it

allow it
Original post by gracieex
Haha does anyone have any good resources for the LDS? Like summary guides etc. Ive seen some but I just want to check i havent missed any!

Also I’m struggling to filter out my paper 3 revision based on the advance info! Does anyone know of any topics that we can safely discard at this stage? Because the advance info does feel like absolutely everything (except maybe without stuff like census, quota, etc 😭)

There’s so little they haven’t mentioned that you might as well go through it all. Remember in p1 when they didn’t say parametric equations but put parametric integration under the methods of integration topic? They might be a bit sneaky and so something like that again.
Hi guys would just like to ask how in mechanics, the direction of motion of connected particles is found.

Spoiler

Hi guys would just like to ask how in mechanics, the direction of motion of connected particles is found.

Spoiler

I think most of the time it would say - or like u said, if acceleration is negative or look at the direction of friction
idk if there are other ways tho
Original post by Alaina1092
I think most of the time it would say - or like u said, if acceleration is negative or look at the direction of friction
idk if there are other ways tho

Thank you
Hey just wondering does anyone have access to the 2021 stats and mechanics papers? I just want to do a bit of practice...
Original post by jxn2234
2018 stats genuinely felt like a different exam board idk why it was so much harder. i also scored pretty low in 2020 but havent done 2021 yet

Just did it- omd the stats section was hard especially the last question abt the batteries
Reply 75
Original post by everythingbagel
Just did it- omd the stats section was hard especially the last question abt the batteries

please could you send the paper to me
I don’t think I’ll have time to do stats and mech papers tbh
This paper is going to have to save my grade and its the hardest one
Original post by nims.
please could you send the paper to me

Hey its just the stats and mech june 2018 past paper its on physics and maths tutor
How are people feeling? Hopefully everyone is feeling thin, light, smooth and inextensible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending