The Student Room Group

In bed all day

Hey everyone,
So I'm a 1st year university student and struggling to get out of my halls room. I find myself stuck in here most days of the week, missing lectures, avoiding every bit of social contact, and even avoiding my flatmates. I dont know why I just don't want to talk. Pretty much always in my bed, catching up on work and completing assignments or just sleeping. I dont know what to do. I try to hard to get up but once I do I just go back down again. I dont want this to be the reason I fail university !
Original post by Lighty153
Hey everyone,
So I'm a 1st year university student and struggling to get out of my halls room. I find myself stuck in here most days of the week, missing lectures, avoiding every bit of social contact, and even avoiding my flatmates. I dont know why I just don't want to talk. Pretty much always in my bed, catching up on work and completing assignments or just sleeping. I dont know what to do. I try to hard to get up but once I do I just go back down again. I dont want this to be the reason I fail university !

I'm sorry to hear about this- there may be many reasons why you've been feeling this way. I guess the first thing to do is speak to someone about this who can try and get to the bottom of the problem and figure out what is going on.
Have you spoken to any of your family or friends about this? Or maybe contacted student support at the uni?
Maybe even have a talk with your GP- they probably can actually help the best with this situation
(edited 2 years ago)
Talk to a doctor. Contact them pronto as well for advice etc. After 9/11 I could not cope with my new normal so I ended up being admitted to hospital for a while that first year. Trust me I have for the last five or six years wished I had not. But I was a small girl when the attacks occurred.
Hey everyone,

Hello,
I'm sorry about what you are going through. There are many reasons which could be contributing to this and you need to look into your inner self. Questions you need to ask yourself, for example, are; "are their issues in my life that are stressing me, for instance, family conflict, am I anxious about my life, and so forth. I also advise you to see a counselor or someone else like a mentor or a friend or relative you look up to. Talk to them openly about what you feel and all that you are going through.

I hope you get help and get to enjoy your studies and life
Regards
Try an stay positive. Think about all the things you've achieved and don't doubt yourself in terms of what you'll achieve in the future. Sounds like you could be depressed so try and think positively because these things can spiral. Especially at first year uni.
Hey everyone,

This is quite literally exactly me...this was the reason I dropped out of uni after first year, changed course and uni and I'm currently doing first year again trying not to repeat the same mistakes but I think I feel a relapse coming on🤧
Reply 6
damn

Quick Reply

Latest