The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 1 Higher Tier 1CH0 1H - 27 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Did anyone get 0.075kg for the last question…
Original post by Oreo92

not me personally but I know a lot of people who have :smile:
Original post by madzzzzina
I didn't exactly draw 70% of the atoms as copper or whatever it was. I just made sure there were a lot of copper atoms compared to the number of zinc atoms. I think some people actually drew a certain amount of atoms and made 70% of them copper and the rest zinc, so like in 20 atoms, 14 would be copper and 6 would be zinc. Also, I think you get a mark for drawing the zinc atom bigger as stated in the question.

Which atom was already drawn do you remember?
(edited 1 year ago)
not me personally but I know a lot of people who have :smile:

i did and so did my smart friends
Original post by SHERZGAMING21
i did and so did my smart friends

Do you know what the equation was?
Original post by Strix4748
Which atom was already drawn do you remember?

i believe it was copper? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong :smile:
i believe it was copper? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong :smile:

definitely messed that up then, i didn't do 70% and 30% and was hoping to get 1/2 marks for drawing them as different sizes but I drew them the wrong way round
definitely messed that up then, i didn't do 70% and 30% and was hoping to get 1/2 marks for drawing them as different sizes but I drew them the wrong way round

I'm not sure if it WAS actually copper. But I remember drawing the zinc ones a lot larger so I'm guessing the drawn one was copper. I have bad memory :frown:

Don't worry about it too much, at the most, you'll lose 2 marks and you have the rest of the paper to make up for it :smile:
also ik this isn't the physics discussion but how are you guys finding your physics revision? Do you think the advanced info will be accurate for physics? Cuz ik for sure it wasn't with chem
Reply 49
also ik this isn't the physics discussion but how are you guys finding your physics revision? Do you think the advanced info will be accurate for physics? Cuz ik for sure it wasn't with chem

The topics crossed out I haven't revised, only skimmed over for like a minute to understand a bit, e.g. that earth and live wire thingy in a cable for safety for edexcel physics I just ignored since it's long and it's crossed out, revise all other topics, make sure you have more in depth understanding on focused topics because those questions will test your understanding and physics can be hard to understand.
Original post by Oreo92

How many marks was it and how did you do it?
Hi,
I believe the answer is to mix copper oxide with carbon and then heat it. Because copper is lower than carbon in the reactivity series, it can be extracted via a displacement reaction.

i put:
- react copper oxide with hydrochloric acid, forming a copper chloride solution
- use electrolysis to separate the copper from the copper chloride
- copper will be formed at the cathode as it's less reactive than hydrogen
Guys could you help me on something for physics. If an object radiates more energy than it absorbs does this mean that it will be hot? Or is it the OTWR?
Original post by Studentio10
Guys could you help me on something for physics. If an object radiates more energy than it absorbs does this mean that it will be hot? Or is it the OTWR?

When an object EMITS MORE heat/energy than it absorbs:
it will decrease in temperature
it will be less hot

When an object ABSORBS MORE than it emits:
it will increase in temperature (it's gaining more energy than it is losing)
it will more hotter
4 marks
I just worked out the number of moles using the rule of 24dm at RTP and then worked out the mass, but I think its wrong because someone else said that its actually half the number of moles so not entirely sure
How many marks was it and how did you do it?
When an object EMITS MORE heat/energy than it absorbs:
it will decrease in temperature
it will be less hot

When an object ABSORBS MORE than it emits:
it will increase in temperature (it's gaining more energy than it is losing)
it will more hotter

Thank u sm 💕
what were the 6 markers?
Original post by typiasia
what were the 6 markers?

I can't remember exactly but I think they were both about collision theory and le chanterlier principal
what were the 6 markers?

Actually, I just remembered that one of them was identifying materials and why with like the tests
Reply 59
Original post by eviemills4
I can't remember exactly but I think they were both about collision theory and le chanterlier principal

Original post by eviemills4
Actually, I just remembered that one of them was identifying materials and why with like the tests

what were the 6 markers?

For paper 1 you are wrong. None of those topics appeared on the six markers. I know because I sat the exam (and have my script back). Le chanterlier's principal wasn't even on the advance information for my cohort...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending