The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 1 Higher Tier 1CH0 1H - 27 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Paper 1 Higher Tier 1CH0 1H - 27 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 27th May AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

so whos ready for tomorrow
Original post by glitteryma_
so whos ready for tomorrow

i need to go over everything after sc11 (electrolysis all the way to fertilisers and fuel cells and what not)
so deffo not me
Original post by madzzzzina
i need to go over everything after sc11 (electrolysis all the way to fertilisers and fuel cells and what not)
so deffo not me

ah good luck! i know most of the knowledge im just doing as many questions as i can lol
How did everyone find it
not as bad as I thought it would be but the 2nd six marker man that was something as well as the 5 marker for bond energies but hopefully a few marks on working out will be gained, how did u find it?
Original post by noora1233
How did everyone find it
Reply 6
Found it pretty difficult but it was what I expected, no easier and no harder. What did everyone get for the gradient question, it was 5 marks and idk why
Original post by Samovar
Found it pretty difficult but it was what I expected, no easier and no harder. What did everyone get for the gradient question, it was 5 marks and idk why

Which question was that?
Reply 8
Original post by FerreroRocher06
Which question was that?

Ah sorry just realised this is edexel, I did aqa😅🤦*♀️ Hope it all went well
Damn, had me scared for a minute! Hope u did well on yours too!
It was OK, I think I messed up some of the questions like the one with the two equations for iron and lead... I just couldnt really understand what it was asking me for and I found the 2nd 6 marker a bit strange...
I actually loved this paper. I managed to have around 25 minutes spare haha. Because I liked the paper i fear grade boundaries are gonna be high
Reply 12
Original post by ewarman
I actually loved this paper. I managed to have around 25 minutes spare haha. Because I liked the paper i fear grade boundaries are gonna be high

Yep the test was super easy, what did you write for the one where it asked you to explain why metal Y didn't react is it because metal sulfates are insoluble?
Original post by W50
Yep the test was super easy, what did you write for the one where it asked you to explain why metal Y didn't react is it because metal sulfates are insoluble?

I wrote smth for that but i know it's wrong...
someone told me that it's because the acid is weak so doesn't react that much but honestly idk
Guys can everyone put some answers that they got for the questions in the chat ?
Original post by Studentio10
Guys can everyone put some answers that they got for the questions in the chat ?

Chemical cell - brightness decreases over time as the zinc and copper is being used up and once the zinc and copper have been fully used, the bulb won't radiate any light

Metals in order of reactivity - XWYZ

Obtain ammonium sulfate - heat the solution in an evaporating basin, stop heating when some water is left and crystals start to form, pat crystals dry and leave in a warm place for cooling down

why potassium chloride (?) has a high MP - strong electrostatic forces of attraction between ions, takes a lot of energy to overcome these forces

how to get accurate titre - use white tile to see colour change better, read from bottom of meniscus (not sure about the meniscus one as it did say that the volumes were read accurately)

for 2 answers where we had to work out percentages, one i got 28.6 and the other was 51 to 2sf
these are the ones i can of think rn

edited for grammar
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 16
I wasn't thinking for the last question on gas calculations so I've lost at least 4 marks 😭😭 because of time. Other than that, it was reasonably accessible
Original post by mesub
I wasn't thinking for the last question on gas calculations so I've lost at least 4 marks 😭😭 because of time. Other than that, it was reasonably accessible

omg me too, i hate molar volume calculations... always get them wrong
Original post by madzzzzina
Chemical cell - brightness decreases over time as the zinc and copper is being used up and once the zinc and copper have been fully used, the bulb won't radiate any light

Metals in order of reactivity - XWYZ

Obtain ammonium sulfate - heat the solution in an evaporating basin, stop heating when some water is left and crystals start to form, pat crystals dry and leave in a warm place for cooling down

why potassium chloride (?) has a high MP - strong electrostatic forces of attraction between ions, takes a lot of energy to overcome these forces

how to get accurate titre - use white tile to see colour change better, read from bottom of meniscus (not sure about the meniscus one as it did say that the volumes were read accurately)

for 2 answers where we had to work out percentages, one i got 28.6 and the other was 51 to 2sf
these are the ones i can of think rn

edited for grammar

Cool thanks for that. Dyu think I’ll still get a mark if I just said the reactants were used up?
Original post by FerreroRocher06
Yeh i put that too. Usually in mark schemes it says reactants used up and so voltage across the bulb or cell decreases, meaning less light.

Anyone else remember any other questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending