The Student Room Group

DSA taxi allowance

I have read up alot on this DSA taxi allowance and how you have to find a taxi firm then give receipts etc…but can someone give me their own full experience with getting this strategy/recommendation please? Is it actually
possible to be able to get a 40 min return taxi everyday to uni??
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
hi, i dont know the answer but we are in similar position. we have dsa assessments for my twins in a couple of weeks and both like you want to do a 40 minute taxi commute. they do both travel with a local taxi company at the moment albeit its paid for by our local authority - the taxi firm are on the approved dsa taxi list so hoping that makes things easier
Both of my twins have been awarded taxis to university which will be about 45 mins drive away so it is possible
Hi @visuals

As part of my DSA award I receive taxis, should I require them and the journey is around 45 minutes. After the DSA assessment I contacted all of the local tax firms by email to ask the cost estimate from point A to point B. When I had these I sent these as requested to the assessment team and the company I would use and the cost of total cost of the journey that DSA would pay was agreed. When I recieved my paperwork I set up an account with the agreed company and was able to begin taking taxis to University when I needed them.

I hope this helps and you are able to arrange the support needed.

Best Wishes

Luke - Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi,

We operate in Glasgow and alongside our regular services, we also offer taxi services for students who receive DSA allowance. For college and university students who claim DSA from SAAS in Scotland, we provide them with a quote which needs to be approved by SAAS. Once approved, we provide the taxi/cab service to the students and send invoices to SAAS directly to make it easier for the students.
The other option is to provide invoice/receipt to the students and the students can claim it back from SAAS, whichever works for them better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending