The Student Room Group

DSA Taxis claim

I'm a disabled student in the UK the student finance has Granted,
A taxi allows for me because of my medical conditions, actually, the taxi allowance
has granted by DSA
Normally my husband book the taxis for me due to my medical condition he booked the taxi from
From Swinton where my husband work and need to pick me up from home and dropping to the university normally. Because we have desable child too .in the morning I m really difficult to manage with kids and he have to help me.

The drivers normally given me the receipts to claim the expenses from DSA team .i only caim expenses (the amout which is from my home to university)but full journey is picking location is my husband work place Address and final destination is my university post code .however after two years student finance compliance contacted me regarding receipts and they said all receipts which I submitted are fake and non of the taxi firm drivers has not pick up from my home address they interviewed .
I explained everything the taxis has booked my husband and the taxi coming from his working place to my home Address because my husband helping due to medical condition.
I m really worried and please can anyone tell me are they removal my whole funding including university funding? Or are they case a file to CIFFA frud?
Original post by Jayce udugama
I'm a disabled student in the UK the student finance has Granted,
A taxi allows for me because of my medical conditions, actually, the taxi allowance
has granted by DSA
Normally my husband book the taxis for me due to my medical condition he booked the taxi from
From Swinton where my husband work and need to pick me up from home and dropping to the university normally. Because we have desable child too .in the morning I m really difficult to manage with kids and he have to help me.

The drivers normally given me the receipts to claim the expenses from DSA team .i only caim expenses (the amout which is from my home to university)but full journey is picking location is my husband work place Address and final destination is my university post code .however after two years student finance compliance contacted me regarding receipts and they said all receipts which I submitted are fake and non of the taxi firm drivers has not pick up from my home address they interviewed .
I explained everything the taxis has booked my husband and the taxi coming from his working place to my home Address because my husband helping due to medical condition.
I m really worried and please can anyone tell me are they removal my whole funding including university funding? Or are they case a file to CIFFA frud?

Hi Jayce,

When something like this happens it's up to the Compliance team to decide what happens next.

For example, do they want to speak to you again, or have they asked you to provide any evidence to them?

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending