The Student Room Group

pls be my chemistry tutor !!

hey, hello stranger

please if you do chemistry alevel, be my guardian angel and help me 🥺 I won't be asking everyday but just when I'm really stuck. I'm embarrassed to ask for help around my friends because I ask them so much, but I just need someone to explain which steps I've done wrong.

I suck at maths, and unfortunately, chemistry posses a big chunk of maths ://

so pls, message asap and I'll give you my socials?

may be asking for too much but im rlly friendly and I can give advice about psychology or biology in return !
why did you double post this?
Reply 2
to get to more people? i dont really know how this app works, i thought i should share it in two forums to see if it would interest anyone
Reply 3
Original post by Pengot983
to get to more people? i dont really know how this app works, i thought i should share it in two forums to see if it would interest anyone

Being a tutor takes up a lot of time, so more than likely would have to pay for someones services, to tutor you.
i could help you if u are doing AS chemistry
Original post by Schotel
Being a tutor takes up a lot of time, so more than likely would have to pay for someones services, to tutor you.

Yep or get something something like Snaprevise, Tailored tutors, Uplearn, watch videos on YouTube (e.g MaChem guy for chemistry etc).

@5hyl33n seeing as you do a chem degree, any advice on how the OP can get better at A-level chemistry?
Reply 6
Which exam board do you do?
Reply 7
I do AS chemistry and my exam board is OCR- I know I may have to ultimately pay for a tutor, but I'm looking for a cheaper alternative as I'm broke haha
Original post by Talkative Toad
Yep or get something something like Snaprevise, Tailored tutors, Uplearn, watch videos on YouTube (e.g MaChem guy for chemistry etc).

@5hyl33n seeing as you do a chem degree, any advice on how the OP can get better at A-level chemistry?

Thanks for the tag :smile:
hey, hello stranger

please if you do chemistry alevel, be my guardian angel and help me 🥺 I won't be asking everyday but just when I'm really stuck. I'm embarrassed to ask for help around my friends because I ask them so much, but I just need someone to explain which steps I've done wrong.

may be asking for too much but im rlly friendly and I can give advice about psychology or biology in return !

Hey!

Have you seen the chemistry forum? If you post your questions along with your working out, someone will hopefully reply. You can post as often as you like. Bear in mind, you might not get a response straight away.
Have you considered speaking to your teachers? I'm sure they will be happy to help.

What part of maths within chemistry do you struggle with? And what is your current revision technique?

There is no need for a tutor. There are plenty of free resources out there that will help you.

Sharing social media is against site rules. :fyi:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/community-rules
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10
ah okay! thank you for replying :smile: i will definitely try out all the things recommended on this thread, idk why I didn't think of some of them before... ty all again!
ah okay! thank you for replying :smile: i will definitely try out all the things recommended on this thread, idk why I didn't think of some of them before... ty all again!

Try getting tailored tutors. Probably the best thing out there
I do OCR A Chemistry AS level so if you’re still finding it tough I can try and help.
I do AS chemistry and my exam board is OCR- I know I may have to ultimately pay for a tutor, but I'm looking for a cheaper alternative as I'm broke haha

So a study buddy? I do a level chemistry too ocr a
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Kefrancos
I do OCR A Chemistry AS level so if you’re still finding it tough I can try and help.

Can you help me too ?
i'd love to be a study buddy for you and anyone else who needs it!

Is it the calculations in chemistry you’re confused about? I would recommend buying the Calculations in AS/A Level Chemistry book by Jim Clark. The book looks like it was made in the 80s so it’s not the most beautiful thing to look at, but it’s really helpful and explains every calculation step by step. I used it for my chemistry A Level (I also did OCR).
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
hey, hello stranger

Hello I can be your helper
hey, hello stranger

may be asking for too much but im rlly friendly and I can give advice about psychology or biology in return !.

I will help here. I am a professional tutor
Vincent
Original post by Vincent Johnson
I will help here. I am a professional tutor
Vincent

Help me too plz

Quick Reply

Latest