The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Unified physics H556/03 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Obolinda
do you mean the practical type qs or just the general synoptic stuff? or both? :tongue:

everything
Original post by 014786
everything

oh I see
i dont have much advise besides practicing :redface: and knowing the content really well. sorry!

with the long answer practical qs. my general plan is to have all the measurements I need to take and what equipment is needed; usually some graph involved; and perhaps if asked, ways to increases accuracy&reliability and reduce error
Reply 22
Original post by Lrcc2003
They deffo arent in our spec, never seen them before

Its in the ocr a oxford a level physics textbook chapter 21.6. Apparently comes under uses of capacitors as storage of energy
its not looking good bruv
Original post by Baoobei
its not looking good bruv

It's not looking good 🥲
(edited 1 year ago)
How did the exam go?
Reply 26
Surprisingly, that was very nice I would have to say. Made a couple silly mistakes but the practicals and graphical analysis were really nice
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did the exam go?

It was beautiful after the hell they put us through in the first 2 papers :redface: hopefully I lost no more than 20 marks lmao, I wasn’t sure about how to tell the difference between beta plus and beta minus in the 6 marker, but overall, that was blissful
Original post by Intramoon
It was beautiful after the hell they put us through in the first 2 papers :redface: hopefully I lost no more than 20 marks lmao, I wasn’t sure about how to tell the difference between beta plus and beta minus in the 6 marker, but overall, that was blissful

Congrats! :smile:
that was pretty good although I missread the 6 marker and thiught they asked for alpha beta gamma instead of the two betas so that's a few marks lost. Also I had no idea how to do the change in temp since they didn't give us the radius of the cylinder
Original post by mommymilkers
that was pretty good although I missread the 6 marker and thiught they asked for alpha beta gamma instead of the two betas so that's a few marks lost. Also I had no idea how to do the change in temp since they didn't give us the radius of the cylinder

Fairly sure it was rectangular if I remember correctly. You had to estimate the other lengths and it would’ve given the same answer regardless
Original post by Ameister69
Fairly sure it was rectangular if I remember correctly. You had to estimate the other lengths and it would’ve given the same answer regardless

I'm pretty sure it was a cylinder but I still wasn't sure what to estimate it as
Original post by mommymilkers
I'm pretty sure it was a cylinder but I still wasn't sure what to estimate it as

Oh maybe, I probs just thought cause it was a tank it would be rectangular, because it said large I just guessed 100m as length and 200m as width
Original post by Intramoon

I’m pretty sure it had something to do with that magnet. Not sure how so I didn’t put anything but yeah
Original post by Manny050
I’m pretty sure it had something to do with that magnet. Not sure how so I didn’t put anything but yeah

Due to the positrons and the electrons they would deflect in opposite directions
Original post by June6796
wish i could relate

Same, paper 2 was better imo
Oh maybe, I probs just thought cause it was a tank it would be rectangular, because it said large I just guessed 100m as length and 200m as width

I’m pretty sure you just do it for 1m3 area, because the intensity is the same per m3, so if you have a cylinder surface area with 1m3 and depth of 5m, mass of water is 5Kg, you know the intensity per m2 so calculate power, then power = energy because it was for second so pit that into E=mcdeltat I hope so anyway that’s what I did haha
Due to the positrons and the electrons they would deflect in opposite directions

That’s what I thought but I didn’t know how to distinguish between the 2
im also dumb ant thought it said alpha , 3/5ths of my physics class thought it said alpha lmao
Reply 39
Oof was it 2 beta sources, I did an alpha beta and gamma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending