The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Physics Unified physics H556/03 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

the 6 markers were nice i thought - what did people get for the upthrust on the probes?
What did people get for the normal force on the probe
Original post by MOFW
Oof was it 2 beta sources, I did an alpha beta and gamma

you're not the only one
Original post by Matthew3868
I’m pretty sure you just do it for 1m3 area, because the intensity is the same per m3, so if you have a cylinder surface area with 1m3 and depth of 5m, mass of water is 5Kg, you know the intensity per m2 so calculate power, then power = energy because it was for second so pit that into E=mcdeltat I hope so anyway that’s what I did haha

that makes sense
Original post by sxx1237
What did people get for the normal force on the probe

As in does A or B have a greater normal force?

I got B as A has a smaller radius of orbit so acceleration is lower meaning centripetal force lower and as weight is same, it must be a decrease in contact force.
Original post by Matthew3868
I’m pretty sure you just do it for 1m3 area, because the intensity is the same per m3, so if you have a cylinder surface area with 1m3 and depth of 5m, mass of water is 5Kg, you know the intensity per m2 so calculate power, then power = energy because it was for second so pit that into E=mcdeltat I hope so anyway that’s what I did haha

Yes same ! I left the question out to do at the end because I was confused as no radius was given so I just made it easier for myself by saying assume area = 1m2 lol but at the same time I wrote ‘no radius given??????’ Lmaooo
Original post by Intramoon
Yes same ! I left the question out to do at the end because I was confused as no radius was given so I just made it easier for myself by saying assume area = 1m2 lol but at the same time I wrote ‘no radius given??????’ Lmaooo

so volume of a cylinder is 5pi r^2.

density=mass/volume
so mass =1000*5pir^2

E=P*t=IA*1= I *pir^2
cant remember what I was

deltaT= E/mc = I pir^2/ (1000*5pir^2*c)
so pi r^2 cancels out
giving change in T = I/5000c
Reply 47
Original post by uni12354

I got B as A has a smaller radius of orbit so acceleration is lower meaning centripetal force lower and as weight is same, it must be a decrease in contact force.

F=W-R so increase in contact but i said the same for the rest

I put A because at the top is directly above the axis of rotation (I.e. there’s no circular motion so not centripetal acceleration) whereas at B, there is a resultant force towards the centre because of the centripetal force/acceleration?
For the temperature change you Let E=mcdelta(t) but as E=P/t and P= IA you get PIA/T, and as m=density*volume PIA/T=pVcdelta(t) but V = Ah so the areas cancel out and PIA/pVc =Delta(T)
Original post by randommath123
I put A because at the top is directly above the axis of rotation (I.e. there’s no circular motion so not centripetal acceleration) whereas at B, there is a resultant force towards the centre because of the centripetal force/acceleration?

this is what i got, centripetal acceleration acts towards centre so A has greater contact force as force=upthrust - acceleration
(edited 1 year ago)

I was gonna put that but I wasn’t sure if velocity would also be smaller because of that. I thought they would cancel out
Reply 52
so volume of a cylinder is 5pi r^2.

density=mass/volume
so mass =1000*5pir^2

E=P*t=IA*1= I *pir^2
cant remember what I was

deltaT= E/mc = I pir^2/ (1000*5pir^2*c)
so pi r^2 cancels out
giving change in T = I/5000c

Yeh I did that, think I got something x 10^-13
Original post by Zakmb
Yeh I did that, think I got something x 10^-13

That's what I got, that's good
Original post by randommath123

That's what I put, I put that there is no circular motion of A so therefore there is no outward motion of the probe... so the component of weight acts vertically down. Something like that anyway, I just waffled hoping to get marks because I wasnt sure how to word it
I put probe B as normal contact force at B equals centripetal force and at A normal contact force=W-centripetal force as centripetal force is the resultant force so F=W-R so B has greater normal force
If you wrote it out in terms of pi r^2 the areas cancelled and all you needed was the volume, I got something x10^-14
I think I got 1.4x10^-10 for the temperature change, anyone else ?
Original post by HsN4
Smoothing capacitors, rectification circuit question potentially coming up?

What a prediction, haha
(edited 1 year ago)
what probe had more forces on it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending