The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy - Physics Paper 1 (Higher) 8464/P/1H [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sxphielol
what did everyone put for the becquereles one I wrote about half life i think i got like D is the most stable and C is the least stable

D B A C
What did people get for the spring extension
me to haha I got 25.something%

Original post by GCSE2022=Tom
i got that too

what omg no ):

I got 0.072

I got the same as the original extension it was 0.056
Original post by jamest0394q
I got 0.072

same

Spoiler

Original post by josh_1407
same
D B A C

i got A B D C, i calculated the gradients of each, the higher gradient the more unstable- it link to the decay formuka which is activity/time period, which is the same as the axis
D B A C

yeah same i got that but apparently it’s wrong i’m so confused tho becayse so many people got it, did you think that the longer the half life the least unstable it is? that’s what i thought :/
I got 0.072

i think i got this!🙏
Original post by Sharmiii

Spoiler

i might be wrong
but u used that elastic potential energy equation to work out the spring constant

then use that to rearrange to find extension
yeah same i got that but apparently it’s wrong i’m so confused tho becayse so many people got it, did you think that the longer the half life the least unstable it is? that’s what i thought :/

If the half life is longer then it takes longer for the nuclei of the isotope to half and therefore it is more stable.
Original post by studentat school

wow i’ve got so many wrong this is not okay🙅*♀️

i thought a longer half life meant it was more stable
Original post by asdasdasd231
If the half life is longer then it takes longer for the nuclei of the isotope to half and therefore it is more stable.

that's what i thought
wow i’ve got so many wrong this is not okay🙅*♀️

Same we have three papers to make up for ot dw
what did everyone get for finding out which thing it was i said it was beta because it passed through paper but couldn’t pass through aluminium
what did everyone get for finding out which thing it was i said it was beta because it passed through paper but couldn’t pass through aluminium

Yh I said it was beta as well
did anyone say electronic temperature probe for what equipment to use to find the temp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending