The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy - Physics Paper 2 (Higher) 8464/P/2H [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

What did people get for the how to see the direction of a force in a magnet
unofficial mark scheme: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNjXt9MX/?k=1

some points for the very last q might be wrong, so lmk what you guys got
Original post by John Eva smith
What did people get for the how to see the direction of a force in a magnet

i said use the flemmings left hand rule where the thumb is force, the first finger is magnetic field and the second is current but that’s kind of all one point so i’ll prob get one mark - i didn’t know what else to say🙁
Original post by user93_
i said use the flemmings left hand rule where the thumb is force, the first finger is magnetic field and the second is current but that’s kind of all one point so i’ll prob get one mark - i didn’t know what else to say🙁

Yeah I said that and then that the force would be downwards.
The answers to most questions, which are backed by our science teacher

1)rarefaction, wavelength
1.2) 2.5*10 power of -4 units=seconds
1.3)waves speed=frequency *wavelength
1.4)1.16metres
2.1)work done=f d
2.2)80N
2.3)d=s*t
2.4)7.5m/s
2.5)speed increases initially as kinetic energy, however after a specific time, the rate of the competitor begins to slow down,because of frictional force acting toward the competitor from the wheels, this therefore transfers kinetic energy store to thermal energy store. This causes the velocity to decrease, where the resultant force decreases, because the forces acting on the competitor increases as speed increase, so overall there will be a decrease in the speed of the competitor.

3.1)1.2m/s

3.2)the velocity of the train is less after the collision as opposed to before the collision, because initially the momentum was greater, as the momentum before an event=momentum after an event, so initially the train was moving at a quicker rate as the momentum was greater, however after the collision, momentum is transferred to the other object where this caused the train to know obtain a smaller momentum, as energy is transferred to thermal and to the other object, which causes the train to now have less energy therefore less momentum thus lower rate than the beginning.

4.1)because when there is a current in the wire this exerts a magnetic field around the wire, this therefore causes the the magnetic field from the wire to interact with the momentum of the 2 magnets, this interaction causes a force to be exerted
4.2)Flemings left hand rule-you basically had to explain what each of the three fingers represented
4.3)one way to increase the turning coil is to increase current, this will result in a larger stronger magnetic field therefore greater force exerted form the interaction of magneticfields,therefore this increased force causes the coils to turn at a quicker rate
5.1)mistakes-distance between the infrared lamp and the flask (2) to use the same flask type and size
5.2)8 degrees and 24 seconds
5.3)because the graph is steeper or the gradient is greater therefore more rate of infrared radiation
5.4)Infrared energy is felt as heat because it interacts with molecules by exciting them, causing them to move faster which increases the internal temperature of the object absorbing the infrared energy,hovever once all is heated the temp no longer increases it remains constant
6.1)0.7 seconds
6.2)6metes -you had to calculate the gradient by doing 30 divide by 5, not calculating a tangent than gradient, you were suppose to join the two points on the curve and calculate the gradient
6.3)the gradient on the line shows the resultant force on the car wasn't constant, because the velocity was not constant where this means the forces aren't balanced therefore resultant force is not 0.
7.2)12250metres-allot of people fumbled on this question where they got 1.225, this is wrong! (well done if you got this)
7.3) for this question you had to talk about terminal velocity where the opposite forces eventually become balanced in magnitude , so therefore the resultant force is 0 , as the apple is falling at a constant rate at the same direction, terminal velocity is achieved, you had to that use an application from the newtons first law of motion where as speed is constant and in the same direction the resultant force is 0.

ohh finally this took for ever lol...let me know how many questions you got right
Original post by rianna0304

1.4)1.16metres
2.1)work done=f d
2.2)80N
2.3)d=s*t
2.4)7.5m/s
2.5)speed increases initially as kinetic energy, however after a specific time, the rate of the competitor begins to slow down,because of frictional force acting toward the competitor from the wheels, this therefore transfers kinetic energy store to thermal energy store. This causes the velocity to decrease, where the resultant force decreases, because the forces acting on the competitor increases as speed increase, so overall there will be a decrease in the speed of the competitor.

3.1)1.2m/s

3.2)the velocity of the train is less after the collision as opposed to before the collision, because initially the momentum was greater, as the momentum before an event=momentum after an event, so initially the train was moving at a quicker rate as the momentum was greater, however after the collision, momentum is transferred to the other object where this caused the train to know obtain a smaller momentum, as energy is transferred to thermal and to the other object, which causes the train to now have less energy therefore less momentum thus lower rate than the beginning.

4.1)because when there is a current in the wire this exerts a magnetic field around the wire, this therefore causes the the magnetic field from the wire to interact with the momentum of the 2 magnets, this interaction causes a force to be exerted
4.2)Flemings left hand rule-you basically had to explain what each of the three fingers represented
4.3)one way to increase the turning coil is to increase current, this will result in a larger stronger magnetic field therefore greater force exerted form the interaction of magneticfields,therefore this increased force causes the coils to turn at a quicker rate
5.1)mistakes-distance between the infrared lamp and the flask (2) to use the same flask type and size
5.3)because the graph is steeper or the gradient is greater therefore more rate of infrared radiation
5.4)Infrared energy is felt as heat because it interacts with molecules by exciting them, causing them to move faster which increases the internal temperature of the object absorbing the infrared energy,hovever once all is heated the temp no longer increases it remains constant
6.1)0.7 seconds
6.2)6metes -you had to calculate the gradient by doing 30 divide by 5, not calculating a tangent than gradient, you were suppose to join the two points on the curve and calculate the gradient
6.3)the gradient on the line shows the resultant force on the car wasn't constant, because the velocity was not constant where this means the forces aren't balanced therefore resultant force is not 0.
7.2)12250metres-allot of people fumbled on this question where they got 1.225, this is wrong! (well done if you got this)
7.3) for this question you had to talk about terminal velocity where the opposite forces eventually become balanced in magnitude , so therefore the resultant force is 0 , as the apple is falling at a constant rate at the same direction, terminal velocity is achieved, you had to that use an application from the newtons first law of motion where as speed is constant and in the same direction the resultant force is 0.

ohh finally this took for ever lol...let me know how many questions you got right

omg jeez thankyou, know way i got 12250 lets go boyz , and most of it

1.4)1.16metres
2.1)work done=f d
2.2)80N
2.3)d=s*t
2.4)7.5m/s

3.1)1.2m/s

6.1)0.7 seconds

The 12250m tree?
Original post by asdasdasd231
The 12250m tree?

yes that's right well done
yes that's right well done

I'm sorry but that doesn't sound correct for a tree. Imo 1.225 is more plausible.

1.4)1.16metres
2.1)work done=f d
2.2)80N
2.3)d=s*t
2.4)7.5m/s

3.1)1.2m/s

6.1)0.7 seconds

Also for 6.2) do you not calculate the area under the curve? The gradient of the curve would be the deceleration, wouldn't it?
I'm sorry but that doesn't sound correct for a tree. Imo 1.225 is more plausible.

exactly it just isn’t realistic.. plus literally everyone i asked got 1.225 also
Original post by Janette150
I’ve got 80 too :frown:

me to
I wrote that but I thought it was unrealistic luckily I didn't cross it out but in the end I got 1.3 but Ig if u wrote all the working ....
Original post by mokhna88
omg jeez thankyou, know way i got 12250 lets go boyz , and most of it

1.4)1.16metres
2.1)work done=f d
2.2)80N
2.3)d=s*t
2.4)7.5m/s

3.1)1.2m/s

6.1)0.7 seconds

could 5.2 be 240 seconds?
Original post by user93_
could 5.2 be 240 seconds?

I trust this mark scheme a lot more than the other one.

Original post by Tanbeer_191
unofficial mark scheme: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNjXt9MX/?k=1

some points for the very last q might be wrong, so lmk what you guys got

thank u sm!
Guys for the magnet force I wrote that I used a rail and a horseshoe magnet that was attached to a bar to see the direction of the force...is this wrong
Original post by Tanbeer_191
this one is correct, i made it and peer reviewed it with quite a lot of people, just the last one I don’t really know how to get 4/4

What do you mean?
(edited 1 year ago)

this one is correct, i made it and peer reviewed it with quite a lot of people, just the last one I don’t really know how to get 4/4
Original post by John Eva smith
What do you mean?

nah i wasn’t talking about your answer, for the question you’re talking about i’m sure you have to mention/describe fleming’s left hand rule at some point in your answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending