The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Notts or Aston?

Which is better Nottingham, Trent Uni or Aston? Im not only talking about the work side of things but also social life. Does Aston have a good social life or does Nottingham Trent? I want to study Marketing and the courses are pretty much the same. Thanks
Both Nottingham and Birmingham are incredible places in terms of social opportunities.

I know lots of people who went to Trent and they all loved it. They particularly memtion how good it is for having fun. With the uni being in the centre of the Nottingham, it's hard to beat it for social life. You'd have a great time at Trent.

Aston is a short distance away from Birmingham but I only know a couple of people that went there.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by dondee22
Both Nottingham and Birmingham are incredible places in terms of social opportunities.

I know lots of people who went to Trent and they all loved it. They particularly memtion how good it is for having fun. With the uni being in the centre of the Nottingham, it's hard to beat it for social life. You'd have a great time at Trent.

Aston is a short distance away from Birmingham but I only know a couple of people that went there.

What were their experinces in Aston? Frankly, Aston is the better uni for the course I want however I felt as though it wasnt as lively and at the end of the day I want to enjoy my time. Nottingham looks amazing, just not sure about how academic it is compared with Aston.
Original post by Anonymous
What were their experinces in Aston? Frankly, Aston is the better uni for the course I want however I felt as though it wasnt as lively and at the end of the day I want to enjoy my time. Nottingham looks amazing, just not sure about how academic it is compared with Aston.

I haven't heard anything bad about Aston.

I can only really comment on how good Trent is.

In terms of rankings, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it unless one is considerably better than the other. I would imagine Aston and Trent are fairly level pegging.

You'll have lots of opportunities at whichever uni you pick. :smile:
Original post by dondee22
I haven't heard anything bad about Aston.

I can only really comment on how good Trent is.

In terms of rankings, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it unless one is considerably better than the other. I would imagine Aston and Trent are fairly level pegging.

You'll have lots of opportunities at whichever uni you pick. :smile:

Thanks for your help. Frankly, im unsure where to go. I just wanted to find out more about peoples experiences with both unis.
mmh
Reply 6
mmh
Original post by Dylan.r
mmh

Which one would be better for social life etc. I know both are good but are there any current students who go to one of these and can tell me what its like> I know they are both in big cities so I would assume social life is good.
mmh
Is there anybody that goes aston or notts that can tell me their experiences?
mmh
mmh
Anyone go to any of these unis and can tell me what its like?
Still not sure which one to pick
Which is better Nottingham, Trent Uni or Aston? Im not only talking about the work side of things but also social life. Does Aston have a good social life or does Nottingham Trent? I want to study Marketing and the courses are pretty much the same. Thanks

Hey!

Fantastic to hear that you're interested in studying at NTU 😀

I graduated from NTU - studying BA Marketing (Class of 2019) and MSc Digital Marketing (Class of 2020). In terms of course content and practicality, I'd say NTU sets itself apart with its focus on work experience. Every course has work experience opportunities built-in, with the marketing courses at NTU also being accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing and Market Research Society. That gives you the opportunity to graduate with added qualifications in Marketing and Social Research, a CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing and a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.

In terms of social life, Nottingham has got a reputation for being one of the best student destinations with iconic sporting and music venues like Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Motorpoint Arena and Rock City. There's also loads to get in involved with outside of lectures at the university like societies and sports clubs where you can meet people with similar interests and make new friends.

I'd definitely recommend visiting us at one of our open days to get a proper feel for Nottingham and what it's like to study at NTU.

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 1 year ago)

Hi there,

I can't say much for Nottingham as I have never experienced the social life there, but I have been in Birmingham for a while and have experienced the social life here. One thing I can say about Birmingham is that there's always something to do and somewhere to be. The Aston Campus is in the heart of Birmingham city centre so you're within walking distance of a lot of fun places: pubs, bars, restaurants, cinemas, clubs, cafes, arcades, etc. A lot of the clubs and bars host special student nights and student activities.
The student body is also relatively small which facilitates fun and interactive social life. Within the university, there are also a lot of events put up by the Student union, clubs and societies. these events cater to both nightlife and daytime activities. And with so many Universities in Birmingham (5) I have never found the social life lacking.

*Ethel
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hey!

Fantastic to hear that you're interested in studying at NTU 😀

I graduated from NTU - studying BA Marketing (Class of 2019) and MSc Digital Marketing (Class of 2020). In terms of course content and practicality, I'd say NTU sets itself apart with its focus on work experience. Every course has work experience opportunities built-in, with the marketing courses at NTU also being accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing and Market Research Society. That gives you the opportunity to graduate with added qualifications in Marketing and Social Research, a CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing and a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.

In terms of social life, Nottingham has got a reputation for being one of the best student destinations with iconic sporting and music venues like Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Motorpoint Arena and Rock City. There's also loads to get in involved with outside of lectures at the university like societies and sports clubs where you can meet people with similar interests and make new friends.

I'd definitely recommend visiting us at one of our open days to get a proper feel for Nottingham and what it's like to study at NTU.

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep

Is NTU ethnically diverse?
Original post by Exoticstyle786
Is NTU ethnically diverse?

Hey @Exoticstyle786 👋

I did both my undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at NTU. The university has a really diverse student population with students from a wide range of different backgrounds and a variety of societies dedicated to culture, faith and sexual orientation/identity. NTU recently won best university in the UK for student life and best university for international study (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2022). Both of these awards were based on students' feedback on the sense of community and diversity they feel at NTU, alongside the extracurricular activities that are available to them.

Nottingham itself is a hugely diverse and multicultural city too, winning 11 consecutive Purple Flag awards (2010–present) for the diversity, entertainment and security of it's nightlife.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Gurpreet - NTU Rep
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending