The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School UCAT requirements

Hi, I’m looking to apply to HYMS but I achieved a low ucat score of 2450 and SJT band 3.

I’m aware that HYMS scores the UCAT score, UCAT SJT and GCSE results in order to select for interviews.

My predicted grades should be A*AA but this isn’t confirmed as of yet.

My GCSE results were good, I achieved two 9’s, an 8, three 7’s and two 6’s.

Is it worth applying with a low ucat score?

What unis are good to apply for low ucat scores?
Original post by ZShah7
Hi, I’m looking to apply to HYMS but I achieved a low ucat score of 2450 and SJT band 3.

I’m aware that HYMS scores the UCAT score, UCAT SJT and GCSE results in order to select for interviews.

My predicted grades should be A*AA but this isn’t confirmed as of yet.

My GCSE results were good, I achieved two 9’s, an 8, three 7’s and two 6’s.

Is it worth applying with a low ucat score?

What unis are good to apply for low ucat scores?

Hi there, did you end up applying to hull york? I’m in a similar position and wondering whether or not it’s worth applying there.
Reply 2
Original post by blackandblue23
Hi there, did you end up applying to hull york? I’m in a similar position and wondering whether or not it’s worth applying there.

Hi there did you end up applying to hull York because I’m in a similar position to you as well with a UCAt of 2580. Am quite disappointed and was wondering where I could apply if I have good academics.
Original post by M357
Hi there did you end up applying to hull York because I’m in a similar position to you as well with a UCAt of 2580. Am quite disappointed and was wondering where I could apply if I have good academics.

unfortunately for last year, if you had full academics, band 1 and weren't contextual you needed a ucat of 2670 or above.
Hey what score were u averaging in your mocks? I have my UCAT coming up and keep averaging around 2500s bit higher bit lower but mini mocks seeming to go pretty okay at the moment. Any tips from anyone would be so helpful! For e.g. did you perform better in your real exam, also is anyone applying to leeds and does anyone know the liverpool cutoff xx
Original post by artsandscience
Hey what score were u averaging in your mocks? I have my UCAT coming up and keep averaging around 2500s bit higher bit lower but mini mocks seeming to go pretty okay at the moment. Any tips from anyone would be so helpful! For e.g. did you perform better in your real exam, also is anyone applying to leeds and does anyone know the liverpool cutoff xx

i might apply to leeds, depends on my ucat. liverpool's cutoff was 2660 last year.
Reply 6
Original post by reubenn05
i might apply to leeds, depends on my ucat. liverpool's cutoff was 2660 last year.

Leeds is risky as there's little info on how they'll use the ucat yet however that could work in your favour as less people will apply. Unfortunately liverpool, ARU and HYMS even UEA have recently become higher ucat unis as more people knew about them ahah, best bets for low scores now are Keele, sunderland and notts/lincoln (only if band 1). When are you taking your UCAT?
Original post by eveeve18
Leeds is risky as there's little info on how they'll use the ucat yet however that could work in your favour as less people will apply. Unfortunately liverpool, ARU and HYMS even UEA have recently become higher ucat unis as more people knew about them ahah, best bets for low scores now are Keele, sunderland and notts/lincoln (only if band 1). When are you taking your UCAT?

i took mine on the 4th september, so now i've decided to apply to newcastle, hyms, uea and aston
i took mine on the 4th september, so now i've decided to apply to newcastle, hyms, uea and aston

Hi Reuben, what are your stats looking like GCSE/Alevels and UCAT? Just for reference. I am thinkijg of cardiff, aston, keele, sunderland/leeds at the moment x
Hi Reuben, what are your stats looking like GCSE/Alevels and UCAT? Just for reference. I am thinkijg of cardiff, aston, keele, sunderland/leeds at the moment x

gcses: 9999999888, predicted a levels AAA, eligible for contextual offers, ucat 2910 band 2. decided against leeds due to interview/offer ratio
gcses: 9999999888, predicted a levels AAA, eligible for contextual offers, ucat 2910 band 2. decided against leeds due to interview/offer ratio

all the best. what is the interview/offer ratio looking like?
all the best. what is the interview/offer ratio looking like?

in 2022 it was 32%
Reply 12
Got 2370 b3 do i still have a chance at a ucat uni??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending