The Student Room Group

a short story

Thud, thud,thud,thud, thud.
He's coming.
I run as fast as my mud covered boots can carry me. The ongoing splosh of mud reminds me of how slow I'm running and terrifies me more with each and every passing second. My lungs can hardly keep up and I'm starting to lose my breath. The moonlight isn't helping matters either.
Thud, thud, thud, thud.
He's even nearer.
I quicken my pace but I slip so fast and get up even faster. Clutching the brown package in one hand and dusting my knees with t he other,I curve through trees of every kind in an attempt to make him lost and confused. That'll keep him off,I thought.
But I'm wrong.
Thud, thud,thud.
He's just 10 steps away.
With every last bit of adrenaline bursting in my veins,I make a dash for it.Straight through the trees,not caring about the rough bark scratching my skin or insects making bite marks.A twig catches my jacket sleeve and tears right through it,leaving a long thin scar as a reminder.One jacket sleeve gone.It was linty and old anyway.
Thud,thud.
I can feel his presence.
A sharp twig pokes my neck and I start bleeding immediately.I shout a cry of pain and rest my neck on a tree nearby,using my hand to rub the base of my neck.The brown package escapes from my fingers.My hand dampens with blood that trickles down my neck and travels down to my jacket and white shirt.The pain is unreal,it's almost like I'm dead.
Thud.
He's in front of me.
I can see the ouline of his dark hair and silver eyes in the moonlight .The leather jacket that slowly slides off his shoulders and reveals the black t-shirt that hugs his tight abs. He throws the jacket aside and steps closer.His ripped arms become more prounced and more light is shed on his beautiful body.He squats his long legs to come to my level.My neck is still bleeding and I feel like my heart is going to beat right out of my chest.He reaches out his hand and grips my neck,my hand still holding looseley to it, with his long ice cold fingers.
"What do you want?",I manage to whisper through my blood stained lips.
His grips loosens and he brings his face closer so that I can feel his breath and he can hear my heartbeat.He sighs and shakes his head.I see the silhouette of his other hand reaching out and tilting my chin upwards so that I'm completely level with his entire face and I can stare into his silver eyes as long as I could.
His eyes are filled with despair.
He still hasn't answered my question.
"Do you want the package?".I cough and feel more blood on my hands;our hands.His face is getting blurry so I talk fast,because this feels like the end. "You can take it.I don't want it.Just let me..."
"I don't want the package.It's useless",he interrupts.
I'm stupefied at his response.I thought that was why,that was the reason why I'm out here and bleeding on the forest floor.Close to death.What does he really want,then?.
It's like he can read my mind.He replies immediately.
"I want you".
My eyelids grow weak and quiver as my vision turns blurry.Before his face fades away,I feel warmth on my lips and streams of energy, radiating heat down my throat and feeling me with a strange heat so powerful and overwhelming;warming me up.It was burning me.
It was like drinking lava without getting harmed in any way.
I blacked out.
Amazing
Reply 2
Original post by tinyperson
Amazing

thanks
u like it?
Original post by starxoxox
thanks
u like it?

BTW I like it 👌

Really good. Some1 I liked b4 used to write excerpts like this. Top notch.
yh
Reply 5
Original post by Muhammad Razak
BTW I like it 👌

Really good. Some1 I liked b4 used to write excerpts like this. Top notch.

really?
do u think i need to improve some other stuff?
really?

I'm no expert lmao but I thought it was good. 1 thing in there tho that made less sense, 1 sec
really?

Is this meant to be filling?

"feeling me with a strange heat so powerful and"
Reply 8
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Is this meant to be filling?

"feeling me with a strange heat so powerful and"

oh yhh it was
thanks
do u read a lot of books?
oh yhh it was
thanks